PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport / Marine Training Center

jlgarciaiii22
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
As a kid I used to fish this creek up in the mountains behind the marine training base off the 395. Does anybody know the name of this creek? My father used to deer hunt this area while I fished brook trout all day. It's been sometime since I've been there. I remember driving thru the marine base up a dirt road into the mountains till it ended. Which was then a short hike to a grassy meadow with a creek running thru it. Any information would be helpful....

matt duarte
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
you talkin about Pickel Meadows? Poore Creek? BY DAY CREEK? POISON FLAT CREEK?
WEST WALKER RIVER?

nice avatar!

smokinflies
05-20-2009, 12:02 AM
As a kid I used to fish this creek up in the mountains behind the marine training base off the 395. Does anybody know the name of this creek? My father used to deer hunt this area while I fished brook trout all day. It's been sometime since I've been there. I remember driving thru the marine base up a dirt road into the mountains till it ended. Which was then a short hike to a grassy meadow with a creek running thru it. Any information would be helpful....

i know where that marine base is at. it's on highway 108. highway 108 runs along west walker river.

there's a great couple of back country lakes after the marine base off the 108.
it's a 2 mile hike off the 108 and along the w walker. lane lake and roosevelt lake are the names of the lakes. best fishing i've ever done. the lakes are filled with native cutts and brookies. been wanting to go back but nobody is willing to do the hike.

here's a link to some info on the lakes but watch out for the popups.

http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/california/mono/pickel-meadow/lane-lake/

usmcfisherman
05-23-2009, 04:35 PM
just got done with my survival training this past week.we hand fished trout of a small lake up there i dont know the name of the creek but its iced in a lot of its sections.