PDA

View Full Version : Hotspot Fins Question

Ghost
06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Those of you guys that own Hotspot fins....yes you Nessie!

I see that where you place your foot in, there is no hole in the bottom for water to seep out, when you are getting out of your float tube. You think it would be a good idea to make a hole or a couple small holes on the bottom of the foot area for water sepage? You think it's necessary????

Just wondering.....

Nessie Hunter
06-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Gino, I put my fins on/off while sitting in the Tube...

The Size Med fit my foot close to perfect. (stocking foot waders, size 10 to 11 foot).

I rinse them out as I take them off. I have never felt a need for drainage in the foot section.. In fact I think it helps create a light vacuum that holds them on better...?????

Couple of outings and you will love them the way they are.. :lol:

peterl
06-24-2007, 03:21 PM
What do the Hotspot fins cost? Looking to pick up a pair.

Thanks

Pete

Ghost
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I think they go for like $80 at Turner's Outdoorsman.

Cmechilln
06-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Hello, I have sort of an off topic question about these fins. I have a pair that are about a year old.

I am going to Maui in August. I plan to do some tubing there. My wife wants to go snorkeling also. Since these fins are designed for float tubing do you think they will make snorkeling more difficult? I guess i could give it a shot at the lake but just wondering if anyone has used the hotspots for this purpose.

Also anyone know of any good spots in Maui to fish.

Thanks

Chris

Sea Murda
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello, I have sort of an off topic question about these fins. I have a pair that are about a year old.

I am going to Maui in August. I plan to do some tubing there. My wife wants to go snorkeling also. Since these fins are designed for float tubing do you think they will make snorkeling more difficult? I guess i could give it a shot at the lake but just wondering if anyone has used the hotspots for this purpose.

Also anyone know of any good spots in Maui to fish.

Thanks

Chris

Damn, tubing in Maui......sick!
I dont see why they wouldnt work. Try them out dude, and take pics!

Cmechilln
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes it is going to be great. I cant wait. I will post some pictures when i return.

I guess ill give them a try. If they dont workout ill just rent for $10 for a week.

joe man
06-29-2007, 03:39 PM
C if you want to snorkle in Maui you might like to check out Molakini Crater it is the best. There are many good spots but that is really nice and the cost isn't too bad.

joe man
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
C if you want to snorkle in Maui you might like to check out Molakini Crater it is the best. There are many good spots but that is really nice and the cost isn't too bad.

Cmechilln
07-03-2007, 10:31 AM
We are defiantly going to molokini crater. Several people have told me that the crater is world class snorkeling and an must do while there. Cant wait to give my hotspots a work out. They are going to get some serious use over there.

BigEd
07-16-2007, 07:56 PM
PM Fat Albert and ask him. You can also get contact numbers on their website. Albert is a great guy..... :D

anglerfl
03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
does any body know where I can buy a pair of those hot spot fins I went to turners and they didnt have them I need some for this saturday really bad.

RiversideTrout77
03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Where are you located. I just came back from Turners in corona and they had 3 of them, i believe they were $74.99

Nessie Hunter
03-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I am amazed that any one would post on a 4 yr old thread, let alone ask a question of the posters??????????

Start a new one... There is a newer one right below this... :Rolls Eyes: