PDA

View Full Version : Got back last night

plumbertom
05-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Spent 6 nights at Convict Lake campground. Very nice spot with willows all around to screen from the other camps.
Fished Convict the first day there and Caught a Couple of 'bows, after that I couldn't even buy a bite there. I wasn't alone, No one was catching any thing.
Did some sight seeing in the area and fished at Twin lakes where I caught 4 small bows and a Brook Trout.
There were a lot of fisher persons out during the week and the week end was crowded, someone fishing every 15 feet around Convict.
The weather was nice for the most part with light breezes daily.
The road above Twin Lakes was still closed so we couldn't get to Mary or the others.
June Lake loop (except Grant Lake, which was very low) was shoulder to shoulder while we were there so we didn't fish there.
Took a few pics of the lakes, you can view them if you like, feel free to view any of my album; http://picasaweb.google.com/plumbertom1

matt duarte
05-19-2009, 09:12 AM
nice dude! i was up there this past week asw well i just got back sunday..was at convict saturday as well as mammoth.. defently sucks that the road to lake mary was closed i wanted to go check out that water fall...convict was defently slow fishin... nice job out there though! we were campin and tearin it up all along rock creek

Catch & Filet
05-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Was up there myself this past weekend. I can't ever remember the fishing being this slow this time of year. Well sounds like you did okay, better then being at work! Nice Pics.

retired96
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Seems like most everyone from various sites are claiming fishing is slow for the beginning of the season, I know my opener was the worst I have ever had.

matt duarte
05-19-2009, 10:42 PM
i didnt think it was slow when i was there last week for 5 days we killed it every day! the slowest day we had was our last day there...and everyone got at least 2 fish that day the other days we were killin the browns and brooks (not really killed them we released all wilds) ended up keepin at least 10 trout (all stockers) we even released a lot of stockers!...

guess it depends where your at..i know convict was slow as well as the other lakes..we stuck to the streams and it worked well

Mike274
05-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Guys,

Lake Mary and others at Mammoth can be accessed even with the road closure. At the front end of town there is a road that you can take to the left. That road will take you around the back way to the upper lakes. It is on most maps. FYI

Mike

plumbertom
05-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Guys,

Lake Mary and others at Mammoth can be accessed even with the road closure. At the front end of town there is a road that you can take to the left. That road will take you around the back way to the upper lakes. It is on most maps. FYI

MikeI think I was on that road last year as a detour when they were working on Lake Mary Rd.
I thought about trying to go that way but figured it would be closed also.

ryryk
05-20-2009, 05:41 PM
nice pics thanks! i will be up @ southlake probably saturday afternoon, last year when we went there was tons of ice on the lake still... how's it look? a Group of us will be in Four Jeffery's campground Friday,saturday,sunday. CAN NOT W A I T ! ! ! !

plumbertom
05-22-2009, 08:36 AM
As you can see looking at the photos I took of South Lake there was no Ice on the lake.
A little snow around it still but the water level was way down.