PDA

View Full Version : the Vine weekend with trolly and FA 5/16-5/17

kewlwhip
05-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Saturday: did a bunch of stuff with work, and family finished up early and called up a few friends to see what they were up to. I called trolly, and he said he was at the Vine, said to come by- told him i had none of my gear with me, but he had rods and tackle to share...what a pal! I got to the vine at 1130 latest evaaar- saw Daniella, whitney, nick, and the chefs..picked up some food, and met with trolly at the launch. Trolly had a few trout, and said they were around..his fish finder went down, so we couldn't meter. No prob...we head out on the troll, and not even 30mins trolly gets his fish! He siad to pick out some tackle from his box..wow, he had some crazy stuff in his tackle box! hahaha...picked out a gem and put it out...All i can say is within the last fw hours of fishing, we end up getting our limits! It was pretty hot this day, so we came in right before jerry did his close...Thanks Trolly for a fun time always!

Sunday: called up FA and gave him the info from sat with trolly...agreed to start muuch muuch earlier this time! hahahaha...got to the lake by 745-no lines, but lots of boyscouts, firefighter bbq and more...the Vine looked like a great place to be on a sunny sunday, whatta blessing! Saw Daniella, jimmy, whitney, david, TM65, rudy and pinoy chef, al working busily as the crowd there was busy, i bought some bait, and snacks...Waited for FA to arrive, as he did we quickly loaded up the boat near the tackle, and headed to the launch. With a gameplan, we were off- Tried a few things different than saturday, and it seemed to be the right ticket as well! Trolly ended up being there, so we were playing "bread and butter" with fishing adn more! lol..good times!!! We got into some nice solid hits/trout- We were getting trout all over the place!! FA had a few hard bendos but no stikies, as did I...We trolled all over, saw people on the shore landing some as well, as we passed by! The lake was semi busy with trollers. No biguns today, managed 9, more than 1/2 were hits/misses, but lots of fun, memories and good times. We ended the day trolling..the last hour and a half, kinda went dead...NO MORE TALONS FA! hahaha...

til nextime,

FISH ON!
-kewly

Troutman65
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Kewly. ( Schooly:Big Grin: ) Nice that you were at the lake both days of the weekend. Thanks for the post.

Santa Fe Eric
05-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Nice report Kewly!

I will never get tired of looking at pics of fish!

Pics Please!

kewlwhip
05-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Kewly. ( Schooly:Big Grin: ) Nice that you were at the lake both days of the weekend. Thanks for the post.
TMMMMMMAAANN yeah, it was cool to make it out late Saturday and all of sunday with the fellas~

Nice report Kewly!

I will never get tired of looking at pics of fish!

Pics Please!HAHAHA thanks Eric- will try and post the photos..they came out too dark- :(

troutdog
05-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Now THAT is my kinda weekend, glad to hear you got to enjoy it to the fullest Kewlio....I'll see you out there soon!

TD

kewlwhip
05-20-2009, 07:31 AM
cool, thanks TD! see ya there soon!

sansou
05-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Nice job Kewly!

Seems like we are at that point in the year when the bait-n-wait shoreline crowd starts getting skunked while the trollers with the "know how" to get it to depth start knocking off the trout like mackerel!

Granny Fish
05-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I didn't see you out there Sunday, but Patrick told me you were there. The lake seems so big now at full pool. I'm glad you got to fish there two days in a row. Trolly is the bestest pal. :Cool:

kewlwhip
05-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Nice job Kewly!

Seems like we are at that point in the year when the bait-n-wait shoreline crowd starts getting skunked while the trollers with the "know how to get it to depth start knocking off the trout like mackerel! ahhahahah...sansou you are funny..good stuff, now GET OUT THERE BUD! :)

I didn't see you out there Sunday, but Patrick told me you were there. The lake seems so big now at full pool. I'm glad you got to fish there two days in a row. Trolly is the bestest pal. :Cool: hi GF, yeah the Vine is so sweet when the water is where its at...gets the trolling "fun" to locate them, and a blessing to land a size able one... Its so nice to enjoy what the vine has to offer-closest thing to the sierras for me-and the fish! hahaha...hey, you and gp fish know how nice they ALL fight ;) yeap, TROLLY IS a 1 OF a Kind, THE MAN above, was kind enough to bring the laughter that only Trolly can bring anywhere...