PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport/Twin Lakes 5/16-18

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
05-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Dismal trolling at Bridgeport Res. and Lower and Upper Twin Lakes using most of my arsenal of trolling lures. even blades and nightcrawlers.
The only action in the lakes was at Bridgeport Res. still fishing with nightcrawlers from the boat. I caught 2 nice rainbows and heard of a few others doing the same also catching a few including a 3.5 lb brown. Lake water level still quite low also.
Robinson Creek fishing was ok, mostly stockers on PB and brown/pepper colored curly tail leadhead jigs.
East Walker River had very good fishing for browns although most of the fish were short of the 18 inches needed to keep. Many 12-14" fish I caught were on either a black/yellow Panther Martin (barbless hooks) or flyfishing using different beadhead nymphs in the #16 size.
The hot weather conditions made most of the creeks/rivers flows very fast with the fast snow melt. Robinson Creek, East Walker behind the lodge and below Bridgeport Dam were good to fish with either slow or regulated flows.
Anyone planning to go soon should watch the weather reports since the 90+ degree temps must have freaked out the lake and res. fish.
We still had a good trip, just to get away from everyday life work, etc is like heaven to me............fishing is a sport, catching/slaying isn't.
TTFM

flytyingreloader
05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Same story here over the weekend at Upper Twin, LOTS of runoff going into the water--so the trout have lots to graze on. Water temps at surface were 54-55 degrees, most fish on the finder were between 15-30 feet down. Got two 10" 'bows on rainbow trout Thomas Bouyants--the little cannibals. Back they went.

On the other hand, this was one of the most beautiful weather weekends I've ever had in the Sierras--light breezes, warm temps, and gorgeous scenery. Things could be LOTS worse than 'few fish and warm weather'.

billy b
05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
on the other board We had some better luck. Windy Wednesday ... but totally gorgeous thursday and friday.

gavin310
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
not sure if this will be of any use to you, but when i was fishing twin lakes i was using a gold kastmaster and i was catching all the fish. it was a little later in the season though.

billy b
05-28-2009, 07:31 AM
and were you trolling ... shoring ...?

Thanks for the 411