PDA

View Full Version : Had a GREAT time with Stay Bent @ Bport

billy b
05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Sorry to be late to post. Was hoping to add pictures and will still try to do so.

We drove down Wednesday and hit the shore of the Res in the afternoon for aobut 30 or so ... all C & R bows ... nothing big ... a couple nearing 1.5#

Then off with John (Junior) on Thursday morning for some trolling. Had gorgeous weather, beautiful scenery, and a great time. Only ... I'm still adjusting to the bigger fish in these neck of the woods. I was at 3 colors and 6# leader with a slightly loose drag. Something snapped it ... Junior's guess was 5 + on an Rebel Old Rainbow lure. Got several more including a about 3 brownies at least 1.5 #.

Friday morning we trolled for a couple of hours with Mundo and got a few. My wife got her first brown and a SacPerch on the troll. Best lures were jointed Rainbow Rapala and a new colored orange excel. BTW, met the owner of Excel who was very nice and pleasant except when he ragged on my school (lol). I bought a shirt ... he gave me a couple of lures ... showed him my 20 or so ex-cels in my box. I think he's a good Presbyterian too...and that's aces in my book.

About 10 we let Mundo take us to where he wanted ... to one of his honey holes. There were lots of boats on the lake ... but nobody was where we were. Sounds like something a expert guide would do.

We then had a couple of hours of constant action ... doubles and a triple or two. I almost got one midging. About 4 or 5 of the trout went over 2# which were fun on the lighter spinning gear. Wife got her personal best at 3# ... and outfished this old goat.

Had a great time. Will try to figure out how to get the dig pictures on line ... in case anybody was interested.

BTW, be sure and use Stay Bent ... they know what they're doing and are very good people too. Also, try the Hay's street Cafe for some good breakfast or burgers.

Stay Bent!

diamondbear
05-18-2009, 08:23 PM
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TRIP BILLY B , THE RES. IS A FUN PLACE TO SLAY IF YOU KNOW THE LK. WELL . GETTING THE WIFE ON THE BIG FISH IS HARD TO BEAT , GOOD JOB . // db

billy b
05-19-2009, 11:50 AM
so anybody holler ... and I'll listen.