PDA

View Full Version : lookin for a good bass lake near san diego

BassandRelease
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Were headed to san diego this weekend and was wondering if anyone could tell me a good lake to fish for bass with boat rentals?

Fish Dog
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
How about Dixon Lake in Escondido? Had a 25 lb 1 oz bass come out of there a while back...
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/01/1s1outdoors214857-tv-looks-bass-legend-dottie/

sgtskunk
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Im with Fish Dog Dixon is a great lake. "Your skills will be tested"

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Were headed to san diego this weekend and was wondering if anyone could tell me a good lake to fish for bass with boat rentals? Evey Lake in San Diego is a good bass lake. Cannot go wrong no matter what lake you choose. If you want to sight fish clear lakes such as Dixon, Poway, are good choices they are small lakes and the boats you rent are affordable and have a trolling motor not a gas. If you want to just cast and fish not really looking for sight fish there is. Sutherland, Hodges, El cap, etc. Sutherland has great shore fishing and you can move around and park in front of your spot. The whole south shore from the boat dock to dam. Fly lining crawlers, shiners, dads all work great. For lures jerk baits like the diawa td minnow, carolina rigged worms such as reepers are an excellent choice. Not so much a spinner bait slash crank bait lake.

FISHINGBEE

HEMAN
05-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Barrett Lake... it's all catch and release.. and it's phenomenal. Between three of us we caught almost 100 fish a day. Mostly 1-2 lbers, but we had at least 3 in the 4-5 lb range.

i have a reservation for tomorrow that i might need to give up if you are interested.

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Barrett Lake... it's all catch and release.. and it's phenomenal. Between three of us we caught almost 100 fish a day. Mostly 1-2 lbers, but we had at least 3 in the 4-5 lb range.

i have a reservation for tomorrow that i might need to give up if you are interested. I was just gonna say dont this go through ticketmaster cuz last time i fished this crazy lake it was TM only.

FISHINGBEE

PS hes not kidding this lake is sick.

HEMAN
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I was just gonna say dont this go through ticketmaster cuz last time i fished this crazy lake it was TM only.

FISHINGBEE

PS hes not kidding this lake is sick.

yup ticketmaster only.. most unpressured lake in Cali i would say. It's open 3 days a week and only from May - Sept. Maximum of 100 anglers on this lake per day...

anyhow.. looks like i'll just be going tomorrow