PDA

View Full Version : LunkerLover/SkipperDick TUBIN NPH 5/17

LunkerLover
05-18-2009, 07:51 AM
FINALLY! GOT THE SKIPPA' OUT TO THA INFAMOUS HARBOR FOR SOME FLOAT TUBIN' ACTION! SORRY JAYSUUUN, HAD TO POP SOMEONE ELSE'S FLOAT TUBE VIRGINITY! :ROFL:

THE CRAPPY TIDE AFFECTED US JUST A LITTLE BIT ... STILL HAD A BLAST! FISHED BAY ISLAND ... IN @ 7:30AM, OUT @ 2:00 ... FISHED THE ISLAND COMPLETELY AROUND TWICE! RAN INTO HESBROS AND WINGNUT, FLASHED SOME FNN GANG SIGNS... :Cool:

I HIT A PERSONAL BEST YELL FIN CROAKER ... ANGRY ''SUMOVABEITCH'' 20" AND FAT!!!! I NOW KNOW WHY THEY CALL THEM CROAKER, THE THING WAS CROAKIN LIKE A FROG NON-STOP WHILE I WAS TRYING TO GET THE HOOK OUT....

AMMO: Berkley: 3" squid, 3" shrimp, 5" Nuc Chick and Camo Jerk Shad, 4" swimming smelt minnows

Etc: white curl-tailed grub, 4" big hammer swimmies in: smelt, chovie, brown caca...

TOTAL:
SKIPPA: (1) NON-LEGAL BUTT
(1) YELLOW CROAK
(5-6) DALMATIONS

LUNK: (1) P.B. YELLOW CROAK!!! 20" !!
(6) DALMATIONS
(1) SAND BASS

fish_sauce
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
those spotties and yellow fin croakers sure are fun, aren't they?!

congrats on the PB, Todd :Wink:

It is confirmed that i have thursday the 21st off this week, lets go slay some fish! :Twisted:

Andrew

MAVERICK27
05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Nice haul. We showed up late and had a slower day. Thanks for the pics so I could be jealous!

Wingnut
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey, really nice to see you guys out there. :Cool:
We had a pretty good day ourselves even with the poor tide movement.
Santa Fe Eric will post a report later & I'll tag on with some pics.
Congrats on the fat YFC and some nice Spotties. :Big Grin:

LunkerLover
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
those spotties and yellow fin croakers sure are fun, aren't they?!

congrats on the PB, Todd :Wink:

Andrew

... it was MY PB... :Sad:

.:Twisted:

boxl0bster
05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
those bendo shots are sweeeeet! thanks for the report and info!

LunkerLover
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Santa Fe Eric will post a report later & I'll tag on with some pics.
:Big Grin:

DUDE - DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM ON THE BOAT ... SORRY ERIC!!!! :Surprised:

Wingnut
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
DUDE - DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM ON THE BOAT ... SORRY ERIC!!!! :Surprised:

...and that was Steve (Flyngby) aka the Harbor Master on board, not Hesbros. Eddie was on foot with the family that day. :Wink:

How could you miss Eric?!? :LOL:

LunkerLover
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
...and that was Steve (Flyngby) aka the Harbor Master on board, not Hesbros. Eddie was on foot with the family that day. :Wink:

How could you miss Eric?!? :LOL:

wow. now I feel like a total douche... :Crying:

Wingnut
05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Yeah, and that wasn't me you saw on board... it was Dana (Fisherman57) aka The "Godfather"... you're really in trouble now! :Wink: :ROFL:

Santa Fe Eric
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM

LOL!

Don't worry dude I was "In-Cog-Ne-Bro!" :ROFL:

fish_sauce
05-18-2009, 08:30 PM
... it was MY PB... :Sad:

.:Twisted:

haha. oopps.

i read the post right before work...guess i was not fully awake yet.

congrats bro, that thing is a toad!

andrew

Jaysuuun
05-18-2009, 11:41 PM
WTG out there guys! Ryan, dude that's a fat croaker! I wouldn't mind catchin more croakers if they were all that size. Skippa awesome job your first time out!

FINALLY! GOT THE SKIPPA' OUT TO THA INFAMOUS HARBOR FOR SOME FLOAT TUBIN' ACTION! SORRY JAYSUUUN, HAD TO POP SOMEONE ELSE'S FLOAT TUBE VIRGINITY! :ROFL:

LOL it's cool bro, it's nice to see Skippa getting devirginized with a smile. :Big Grin:

LOL the funny thing was Hesbros was actually there fishing from shore. :ROFL:

LunkerLover
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
WTG out there guys! Ryan, dude that's a fat croaker! I wouldn't mind catchin more croakers if they were all that size.

yeah! I randomly tossed out a 3" shrimp on a jig head towards the short concrete wall on the NE corner of the island (next to the longest beach on the island) and that beotch hit it HARD!! Probably a 3-4 minute fight... :Big Grin:

SkipperDick
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
WTG out there guys! Skippa awesome job your first time out!

Thank you Brother. Had a great time out there with LunkerLover. Caught my FIRST Croaker out there!!

Took only a few minutes to get the hang of being in one of those float tubes, and after that I started thinking about how to customize that sucker to make it more "user-friendly" LOL! But they sure make it easy to get to the spots you want to toss your bait.

Thanks again Ryan, had an awesome time out there, thanks for the use of your tube and fins! Always a pleasure fishing with you Brother! Looking forward to doing it again soon!