PDA

View Full Version : Admiral 5/17

rusty6
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
after the horrible outing from avila not too long ago, i decided to try my luck on the open water again. this time i headed north to virg's out of morro bay. we went out on the admiral today which is by far the largest sport boat i have ever been on....this thing is MASSIVE!!!! and we had a nice light load of 25 anglers, so there was plenty of space on board. long story short, conditions were really wacky today. wind, current and swell were all going in different directions, making for some really odd drifts. which makes sense why people were only getting bit immediately after the drop and not on the drift. the captain tried extremely hard to put us on the fish and i feel he did a great job considering. Majority of the people on the boat got half+ limits, with a few people limiting. Lots of canaries getting "released" again as well. Highlight of the day was that i am now 2 for 2 on jp up here with the boats only ling and my first legal ever! i ended the day with 1 nice red, 2 nice coppers, 2 small gophers, 1 rosey, 3 canaries (released), and 2 lings (1 being another micro ling). All were caught on berkley gulp! jerkshads in glow and white on 10-12 oz. of lead in 190-240 feet of water. As i was cleaning my fish on shore i heard from other anglers that it took a lot to scratch up a decent bite today. Also, another first as i was checked by a very attractive female game warden.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/MrGr00n/virgs517_1.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/MrGr00n/virgs517_2.jpg

ghetto dad
05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Great Job Rusty!!!

GD

troutdog
05-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Congrats on the ling and JP...good eats right there!

TD

boxl0bster
05-18-2009, 12:31 PM
no pic of the game warden?!?! :ROFL:
good job on that jp!

JapanRon
05-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi rusty6,

Good job on the fishys ..... and on well ...... almost plastics !! ;)

JP to boot !! WTG

JapanRon

Ambassadorhawg
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow! Look at you! Quite the Central Coast salt you've become! Am I gonna have to come up there and give you a LITTLE competition???? I'm always ready for that!!! WTG! I was out at sea all weekend long myself...

rusty6
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
so i saw, youre gunna have to show me the ropes with the whole poke poling thing

megafisher94
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
nice variety! good job on the ling

gotstofish
05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey Rusty6, WOW:Shocked: Tough scratching it out. Especially for Virgs.
Been to long since I've been there. Great place to fish, usually. Sorry to
see the fishing so tough, but good job on the jp:Big Grin:. Better luck next time.Let you know when up that way we can wet a line together. gtf

Ambassadorhawg
05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Hey Rusty6, WOW:Shocked: Tough scratching it out. Especially for Virgs.
Been to long since I've been there. Great place to fish, usually. Sorry to
see the fishing so tough, but good job on the jp:Big Grin:. Better luck next time.Let you know when up that way we can wet a line together. gtf

There has been alot of wind this Spring which has the water stirred up which has the fish off the bite for the most part....