PDA

View Full Version : i want to make flat head trip

occschemguy
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
i want to plan a couple days to go down with some one who knows what there doing my grandfather used to catch flat head but he passed away when i was young so i only got the basics, let me know if anyone is interested in going down, i can drive etc.

chrislxf
05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
i want to plan a couple days to go down with some one who knows what there doing my grandfather used to catch flat head but he passed away when i was young so i only got the basics, let me know if anyone is interested in going down, i can drive etc.

Join the flatmaster tourny, you will pick up all the tricks for getting those hard fighting flathead in blythe, palo vedes area. pm Brian bluehunter for detail. GL getting those bad boys.

Chris

riverbud55
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Join the flatmaster tourny, you will pick up all the tricks for getting those hard fighting flathead in blythe, palo vedes area. pm Brian bluehunter for detail. GL getting those bad boys.

Chris

yep if ya hook up on WCCM http://westcoastcatmasters.com/ ya can get a lot of locale info on fish n for cats, there is also the BOC (brotherhood of catfisherman) www.catfish1.com which is nation wide but has a wealth of info on catfishing
The boc is having a gathering the 1st weekend of june in Blythe

As far as flathead fishing goes about the only place is the the Colorado river and its waters(canals ect.) Its best to have a boat if your fishing the river but there is spots to be found along the river, got to have some heavy equipment, 40lb test line, 8/0 and 10/0 hooks,2oz to 6oz sinkers, theirs big fish to be found out there but it takes time to acquire the knowledge to find them

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 12:46 AM
thanks guys i spoke to brian and im going to try and make it out there for the tourny

plumbertom
05-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Like Riverbud said, don't overlook the information available on the BOC site, of which he, Bluehunter and I are members.
If you check into the archives at BOC you can find information on every aspect of flathead fishing from what rods are thought best to reels, hooks, sinkers, baits and how to rig them.
You can even find how to hook the fish once you get them to pick up your bait.
There is also Information on just about any body of water that has flathead accross the U.S.
Not only that but if you have a question that you can't find an answer to in the archive, you can post it and some of the over 35,000 members will be happy to share their knowledge and opinions with you.

Nightstalker 424
05-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey Plumbertom, thanks for that link. I just signed up. I'm heading to Blythe Saturday night to try and get a better feel for the area and maybe gt my first Flathead.

occschemguy
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Like Riverbud said, don't overlook the information available on the BOC site, of which he, Bluehunter and I are members.
If you check into the archives at BOC you can find information on every aspect of flathead fishing from what rods are thought best to reels, hooks, sinkers, baits and how to rig them.
You can even find how to hook the fish once you get them to pick up your bait.
There is also Information on just about any body of water that has flathead accross the U.S.
Not only that but if you have a question that you can't find an answer to in the archive, you can post it and some of the over 35,000 members will be happy to share their knowledge and opinions with you.

ya i sighned up a few days ago and i have made myself quit a shopping list my wifes gonna love j.k.