PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 5/17/09

The Angler
05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
:Skunk:We got to the Lake around 5:00 a.m the line wasnt to bad I have seen ay worst. I thought it would be way more packed since it was the Half off day today. Later on in the day it got really packed looked like pretty much all but 3-4 motor boats were takin so there was a ton of boat traffic.

Fishing report : We started fishing the south side of the lake all morning for nothing. There where a few guys there that were saying they have been there since yesterady (24-hour fishing) And didnt catch squat not even any bites they said. I tossed out one rod rigged with some power bait and didnt get any bites I think I had the same dough ball on my treble for about 3 hours lol. I was thowing around a gold kastmaster all morning long and hooked up on my first ever bass. I got it to the shore but when I was about to take it out of the lake it wiggeled lose good thing since I dont really know how to the proper release technique for releasing bass and since it was a really small one it looked about 7"-8" long didnt want to kill it by mis-handling it. So the little guy got away safely.

Around 11:00 a.m. we decieded to get a motor boat since they'll be half off and off we went. I decieded to switch up to some catfishing since it was hott out there and it was common sense that the water was way to warm for the trout so they must have been hidning out really deep somewhere. We chucked a few nighcrawlers out dipped in mackeral blood & whatever else was in the cut Mackeral container we got from the tackle store. let them soak for awhile with no love. We headed out around 1:00 didnt want to miss the Laker game.

While packing up everything into the car and talking to everyone up by the tackle shop everyone had the same story, Nothing no bites or anything. Good thing it was a discount day
:Angry::Skunk:

ElementX
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the report, looks like you had the same experience as the other thread. Sorry to hear you guys got skunked. I haven't gone to Corona yet, but at SARL, thats been my experience for the past couple months. Just seems like the days I've gone, I hardly see anyone pull up trout. Seen a few cats here and there, but at a rate that would make you question their stocking.

The Angler
05-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Yea sucks we usually kill it out there trout fishing. These last two time we didnt catch nothing. I think its just the change of the seasons. I think its to hott for the trout now.

boxl0bster
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
a few years back i did really well on the trout at corona around this time of year, but the bite was an early evening bite 5-7pm. you get jack in the morning. nice try out there though. but i suggest you hang up your trout gear for the local pay lakes unless you head up north to the sierras.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
the other guy said they got skunked the trout weren't hitting at sarl...we all know they are owned by the same inc.. maybe they feed them all or who knows how deep this goes OBAMA????cool reprt anyhow

The Angler
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
a few years back i did really well on the trout at corona around this time of year, but the bite was an early evening bite 5-7pm. you get jack in the morning. nice try out there though. but i suggest you hang up your trout gear for the local pay lakes unless you head up north to the sierras.

Yea thats exactly what I told my dad. I said im done fishing here until next trout season. I have never been a good catfish guy. For some reason I can never catch a damn catfish. Even though its probably the easiest fish to catch. So theres no point for me to pay $22.00 to go to Corona lake just to get the skunk. So Corona lake its farewell till next trout season. :Cool: