PDA

View Full Version : swim bait suggestions/ perris bite

bass assassin#23
05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
im looking to buy a few more swim baits. i have a floating shell cracker, bbz trout slow sink, a 8 inch hudd, and two reaction strike bass snacks in dark rainbow and baby bass. what other swim baits should i add to this arsenal. i have been looking at lunker punkers, but cant find them at any tackle shops close to yucaipa. any input appreciated.

oh and hows has perris been doing for bass lately. im going to head out there sunday. lures, location , and depth would be greatly appreciated.

thanks bass assassin#23

swimbait101
05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Get a floating bbz1 trout and a bbz1 shad

bass assassin#23
05-16-2009, 03:20 PM
i have the shad just consider it a lipless crankbait cause its only four inches long. thanks swimbait101

dodoman
05-16-2009, 03:49 PM
the closest punker from yucaipa is probably LAST CHANCE TACKLE in hemet.

bsp
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Ditch the reaction strikes and definitely pick up a Wake Jr, Triple Trout, or a Slow Sink CL8 bait. If you can afford it, get all three. Go with an 7in TT for numbers, and a 10in for more quality. Mattlures hardgills are great sinking bluegill baits. A Nate's Baits 11in trout is also a trout imitator that is worth consideration.

The Punkers are awesome, but aren't for everybody. You have to practice getting the action down, and then it is more physical to use for a long time than other swimbaits are. I personally have no troubles with it, but other guys I have spoken to do because of that. It's really up to you to decide if you are more of a toss and wind or active swimbaiter.

Socal Bassman
05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Will you be fishing from shore or boat?

bass assassin#23
05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
walking the shore. thanks guys will definitely buy a 7inch triple trout and a bbz1 floater. what about the orso swimbaits?

bass assassin#23