PDA

View Full Version : Russian River?

Ifishtoolittle
05-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I might be vacationing around this river so I was wondering if anyone here has ever fished this river? I also read online that during the summer bait is not allowed ,but does PB, Gulp! count? Any help on this is appreciated thanks!

-Ifishtoolittle

Flying
05-16-2009, 02:46 AM
From the 08-09 Regs

1.11. Artificial Lure.
An artificial lure is a man-made lure or fly
designed to attract fish. This definition does not
include scented or favored artificial baits.

Sounds like a NO to PB and gulp. I wouldn't even use any of the scented sauces.

Ifishtoolittle
05-16-2009, 10:55 PM
From the 08-09 Regs

1.11. Artificial Lure.
An artificial lure is a man-made lure or fly
designed to attract fish. This definition does not
include scented or favored artificial baits.

Sounds like a NO to PB and gulp. I wouldn't even use any of the scented sauces.

Isn't gulp and PB technically a man-made. It's just like a add on to our lures. Just saying. Also is the river patrolled by rangers or something?

txcurry
05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
This definition does not
include scented or flavored artificial baits.

I think this means a big NO to Gulp and PB. However, I do believe added scent to a lure is permissible, although I could be wrong.

You ask if the river is patrolled regularly. Is that your way of saying that if you can get away with it you will? If this is the case then all I can say is, hope you get caught. There are those of us who take these regs seriously. There is good reason for them, to preserve the fishery in that area for future generations and just a couple of people who ignore the regs can screw it up for many years to come.
I hope that is not what you meant and that you too will take these regs as seriously as the rest of us.

Ifishtoolittle
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I think this means a big NO to Gulp and PB. However, I do believe added scent to a lure is permissible, although I could be wrong.

You ask if the river is patrolled regularly. Is that your way of saying that if you can get away with it you will? If this is the case then all I can say is, hope you get caught. There are those of us who take these regs seriously. There is good reason for them, to preserve the fishery in that area for future generations and just a couple of people who ignore the regs can screw it up for many years to come.
I hope that is not what you meant and that you too will take these regs as seriously as the rest of us.

I'm not trying to violate the regs take it easy. I just thought that Gulp lures you know the biodegradable lures as in like the jerkshads would qualify as a artifical lure. I'm just askign these questions because I've never fished the Russian river and did not want to screw up on anything when I go there.