PDA

View Full Version : DVL Friday 5/15

Indo-angler
05-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Quick report since I just got in and for the guys who asked me to report who are fishing this Saturday and SUNDAY. My brother often fishes on SUNDAYS. I do also some times, but in the evening, because I go to church in the morning. Now that I got that out out of my system!

The bite is great and at times wide open!
Catfish in the marina, (big ones) Louie said 40 just yesterday alone!
Panfish, mostlly saw blue gill a ton of them at the Eastdam.

We caught bass all over the lake. We used plastic worms,senkos, drop shot, crank baits in shad patterns and swim baits.
We had an afternoon wide open reaction bite, catching them in back to back casts and often doubles about 30 in two hours. Ended up with about 70 bass for the day. All c& r.

DVL is our favorite lake. I know the hike up the hill is a bear! Especially since my brother and I bring a lot of stuff including trolling motor and two (heavy) batteries, but I am thankful to have an opportunity to fish this lake.

The boat rentals are still good and they are getting 10 new Suzuki motors, so take advantage of this great fishery while we can!

SC400DUDE
05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report....I'll be there on Wednesday...hopefully, they'll still be on the chew...good job out there!

Hate2Fish
05-16-2009, 07:59 PM
One heck of a walk downhill to the water

Indo-angler
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
One heck of a walk downhill to the water

Its the end of the day "uphill" walk that wears you out!

SC400DUDE
05-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Its the end of the day "uphill" walk that wears you out!

I know what you mean...LoL...my frickin thighs were burning the last time I was there...kicked my ***

fishmounter
05-24-2009, 11:23 AM
They won't let you drive down just to unload and then again to load up at the end of the day? They should have an area for a "loading only" zone. I know they let you drop off elderly and handicapped people.

bblbasser
05-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I've never had a problem drivin to the bottom of the ramp to drop off/pick my gear. You can do it, just can't park on the ramp.

Indo-angler
05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
I know they let you drop off elderly and handicapped people.

I am both, sort of ....!

I don't know when you guys were there last, but it is a good walk now from the bottom of the brick/concrete ramp to where the water is now and it keeps dropping!

That last part is sand and they will not let you get on that part and that sandy part is tough.