PDA

View Full Version : DFG plants, What the F?

Joshua
05-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I dont consider myself a plant truck chaser but I am heading up to Bishop next week and went to check the DFG site for planting information
THe week of 5-17-09 shows
5/17/2009

Mono Rock Creek

That is it for the entire Eastern Sierras. Seems a little strange to me with the Memorial weekend coming (Mule Days in Bishop) that they arent planting the entire area. I assume this is a type O. If it isnt , it will be tough fishing for alot of people

fishslayer01
05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
check back on Monday after 9:00 AM, they usually update the website on Monday mornings...

Sierra_Smitty
05-16-2009, 05:34 PM
The truck didn't come this week in my neck of the woods....the fishing has still been great but I am not a happy camper.

Everyone out there - please - if you don't like what you're seeing with the DFG stocking, call them and complain. Then ask for their boss and complain. Then write them and complain. Remember, these people work for you - you pay their salary with your hard earned dollars - if you don't like what you're seeing, make sure they know it.

txcurry
05-17-2009, 08:05 PM
You can look for it to get worse as far as stocking goes. Even though you do pay their salaries, the spendthrift politicians in Sacramento have managed to spend the state into a 20 BILLION dollar deficit. Now where do you think they're going to start cutting to help make up this shortfall? That's right.....D F G . The inability of the representatives in Sac to budget wisely and make sensible decisions are some of the reasons we left the state that had been home for over 50 years.

fishslayer01
05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
The DFG updated their site with this weeks plants...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/InlandDeserts.asp

matt duarte
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
i was there this week..13th thru the 17th.. they did plant rock creek... theres been a lot of people up there so the plant is gettin thin... stocked trout suck any way y drive 300 miles to catch a stocker??? its all about the wilds up there we caught dozens on wilds! all released...caught a lot of stockers to..my biggest was 15" or so...good luck

Joshua
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
i was there this week..13th thru the 17th.. they did plant rock creek... theres been a lot of people up there so the plant is gettin thin... stocked trout suck any way y drive 300 miles to catch a stocker??? its all about the wilds up there we caught dozens on wilds! all released...caught a lot of stockers to..my biggest was 15" or so...good luck
With all the pressure the ES gets, Its all about the planted fish. Imagine what would happen if there werent weekly plants. All the pressure would be on the native/wild fish. Many times when we I come up the backcountry is still covered in snow/ice. We are going to try and get above Rock Creek Lake. I am taking my mother and she is in her 60s. She is a bad ***** and will give it a shot.
I too enjoy getting off the beaten path and checking out some less fished waters. But sometimes you gotta hit the put and take places also.
I saw your post and it looked like you guys had a blast.

Joshua
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
The DFG updated their site with this weeks plants...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/InlandDeserts.asp
I had checked this morning and it hadnt been updated. Thanks for the link, I see that they have updated the page Thanks

I thought it was the states way of making the anglers "pay" for the financial problems of the state. What better way to anger everyone, Dont stop for one of the biggest weekends in the ES. Mule Days and Memorial Day

Just legalize it and tax it. You know what I mean!!

Joshua
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
The truck didn't come this week in my neck of the woods....the fishing has still been great but I am not a happy camper.

Everyone out there - please - if you don't like what you're seeing with the DFG stocking, call them and complain. Then ask for their boss and complain. Then write them and complain. Remember, these people work for you - you pay their salary with your hard earned dollars - if you don't like what you're seeing, make sure they know it.
Smitty, Do you have contact information? I would be happy to make a phone call and send a well composed letter.