PDA

View Full Version : Cibola again

olefrog
05-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Well ole frog woke up at 4:oclock I don't know what, but the fishing mode in my old mellon kicked in.
ole frog decided to go Crappie fishing .Ill try Cibola again.

(More Crappie in Alamo and Havasu than Cibola frog)

ya but look at the drive distance,ole frog arrived at Cibola around 6 left the shack at 5.

Two boats at the ramp,
( wow this place is getting crowded frog)

Off ole frog went in his small boat, the eight footer , fished till nine ,the results
4 Crappie lost two at the Boat.
Six LMB kept 2
6 Bluegill ,
( frog that is not killing the fish)
You want to bet when the neyslayers look at the bass the flames will begin.

Ole frog did take a couple of Images of the catch
First the fish in the cooler note the ice ,ole frog ices his fish.

One thing I hate to see is pictures of fish on tailgates or on conctete driveways ,these surfaces are hot fish flesh breaks down at a very low temp.
What your doing is cooking your fish at a low heat.
From the ice chest, ole frog wipes off the slime I then use a filet knife to cut the fish.
I sure don't cut right thru the guts like some with the electric knife.,learn to filet your fish, the finished product will be superior.
Here is the cut fish,it has not touched a drop of water .With a good flexible blade ,
once you learn to use it correctly will follow the rib cage bones and never cut into the viscara.
The last step vac pac all into the freezer ole frog was done by one oclock.

The last how did I catch the crappie ,not an easy feat for Cibola ole frog used red and white Crappie jigs under a bobber .
I fished from 2 to 3 feet deep ,hard to keep with the school as I have no fish finder on the little boat.
The bass ate surface Zara Spooks the one with the propellers.
The gills hit the crappie Jigs.

One note I do not wash the fish as the water will break down the flesh in the freezer.
Wash it when thawed if you like, I double check for bones I migh have missed , then cook.
ta ta ole frog

BIGRED KILLA
05-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Make those bass BLEED =) thanks for the pics and report keep it up.

Bigred

bass assassin#23
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
nice report, but please c&r those lmbs. thanks

bass assassin#23

Astrolux
05-16-2009, 11:42 AM
nice report, but please c&r those lmbs. thanks

bass assassin#23
Its not like bass are endangered. If he wants to eat a couple then so be it, he didn't have a whole stringer of em. So please stop whining about those lmbs. thanks.

Liteliner
05-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Its not like bass are endangered. If he wants to eat a couple then so be it, he didn't have a whole stringer of em. So please stop whining about those lmbs. thanks.

Werd.....

Thanks for the report ole. That filet job looks awesome...

trashetanush
05-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice job man. I gotta try myself a Large mouth bass and see how it tastes.

92yj
05-16-2009, 01:51 PM
L M B are good eats.............. had 3 of them last night. got them out of a local hole in Fullerton.....lol tasty.

Sparky70
05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I'll throw the bass back and eat the pan fish..........:Angry::Angry::Angry:

fishindude
05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice catch olefrog. Haven't heard your reports in a while. Those bass look tasty. lol

boxl0bster
05-17-2009, 10:03 AM
good job olefrog! those filets look mighty tasty :Big Grin:

i think if any of you hardcore bass guys went to a 99ranch or any asian market you'd have a heart attack. :Razz:
wheres seng at to post those photos he has...LOL

thanks for the report!

fishindude
05-17-2009, 10:08 AM
good job olefrog! those filets look mighty tasty :Big Grin:

i think if any of you hardcore bass guys went to a 99ranch or any asian market you'd have a heart attack. :Razz:
wheres seng at to post those photos he has...LOL

thanks for the report!

LOL! There would be so many replys.

olefrog
05-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the come backs ,ole frog don't post here to start a war on do or dont's of fishing.
I caught a couple Crappie , a tuff fish for this area .
The target was Crappie much harder to catch than Bass in this area.

This place Cibola has bass dying of old age,
Its like the Catfish in this area some of them are kicking the bucket also from old age.
Bluehunter and Desert Cat ,Riverbud and other catfisherman are doing the fishing a favor by culling of some of the bigger fish.
You never hear what the locals are doing very few post here.Trust me some are doing well.
No one has broke the 80 pound class yet but take it from ole frog a few are around,do you think one will release an 80 pounder.

Check Lake Havasu around May in the Bill Williams arm look for floaters.
I have seen a high as three at one time in the 30 to 50 pound class.
I have never ckecked Cibola because the lake is in a National Wildlife refuge.
It is closed to all fishing and entry from mid September to March 15 th.
Some die off from spawn stress ,old gonads don't work like young ones trust ole frog on this one.

Fishing and eating go hand and hand as far as ole frog is concerned I catch and eat what I want.
This includes Carp as I do not waste game ,none of it.
If I don't want to eat it , I release it.

The catch and release started in Hat Creek in the 50s ? A trout stream. this is up by Burney in Northern California.
Then the Bass people picked up on it, ole frog for never hears one of the Bass lovers complain how the illegal planting of bass has ruined many trout lakes.
I fished Crane Parie in Oregon for years, a 5 pound troun would not raise a eye brow.
It has bass now,Davis lake Oregon fly fishing only it also has bass ,Wickiup same story the big 20 pound Browns are no more.
Bass fisherman have this one track mind and only see Bass ,
Ole frog is going to post here about my fishing trips,I kill fish at times ,I eat fish ,I wished we had my favorite in this area.
This would be smoked or kippered freshwater eel ,I have caught a few Turtels at Cibola .
I'll tell you how the soup tasted after the next one.
Thanks again for the replys
ta ta ole frog

bluehunter
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Olefrog love your reports. Keep em coming.

B

Oh I also been to the Asian Markets. They keep those LMB's in there thick just like they do for catfish. It was indeed a site to see. LOL. I went to the one in the Rowland Heights area.