PDA

View Full Version : upper castaic dinkfest

scvbasser
05-15-2009, 05:31 PM
at 6:30 this morning, i called scott to see if they were launching rentals today. he said they were just starting to launch the private boats and was waiting to get the go ahead to send the rentals. we decided to go to the lake anyways arrived at the lake at 7:30 to see the first rental leaving .after launching the rental ,we were fishing at 8:15. started at the buoy line area(buoys are still down)fishing the points and ended up staying in that general area all day. probably fished around 3 differant points in the back. all my fish were caught on a 7' conolon w/ shakespear spinning reel loaded with 8 lb. floro. and a 1/8 ounce split shot. most of my eary morning fish were caught down on the bottom approx., 70 - 100 feet down(had no dept finder but know the genrel dept we fished from my other freind boat when we fished there last weekend) using anchovies and sardines .most of my fish were caught on anchovies. the wind was blowing preety good from the north for a couple of hours and had stopped for afew and changed dirrection again from the west. mid afternoon the lake started to get water in from the siphon in the back .firs time seeing that and was neat to see all the comotion it gave.the bite started to get better from then and the stripers were biting from 20' down to 30'.we were probably sitting in 70 feet of water.we ended keeping our 10 fish limits ,.but realeased another10 to 15 more fish toi kill another day. all the fish were small . the bigger models didn't want to play today unfortunately.ended the dinkfest at 3:00 and off the water at 3:30. long and slow boat ride back to the launch area. hope you enjoy the report and hope to give more reports now that my desert riding season is over. thanx for reading... tight lines dan

johnsfishing
05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
thanks for the detailed report!! :Cool: way to go on the dinkfest. keep on slaying :Twisted:

johnsfishing