PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Bass Lake

FishPrincipal
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm heading up to Bass Lake May 30-June 5 for some family fun. Never been there before and I have no idea how to fish it. I have no boat, but I float tube and I may be able to use a kayak. Any help would be great. Thanks.

bretmoua
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Are you referring to the Bass Lake that's in Oakhurst? If you are, just remember that no live bait can be use. Here's the latest report for the lake courtesy of the Fresno Bee:

Bass Lake

***Bass ***Trout **Kokanee

Todd Wittwer of Kokanee.net Guide Service has been picking up planted trout daily from 12 to 15 feet, but kokanee action has been slow with a fish or two taken on regular trips. He is marking improved numbers of fish below 25 feet, but so far these fish aren't willing to bite. He said stable weather is necessary for the bite to improve. Best action is still on pink or blue Rocky Mountain Tackle Assassin Spinners behind a watermelon RMT dodger or orange Radical Glow Tube behind a brass or copper blade. Merritt Gilbert said the bass have moved into the docks or on beds. Spots in the 1.5- to 2.5-pound range are found with plastics or jigs. The lake fell to 74% capacity.

Call: 642-3141; Todd Wittwer, 288-8100; 642-3633; 642-3737.

mr. trout
05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
i was up there a couple years ago with a friend around that time. You can catch trout if u can go deep enoug, but there are a lot of boaters so it is hard to do. We ended up just fishing for bluegill and killing them. Lots of fun. Its a cool lake tho regardless.

FishPrincipal
05-22-2009, 09:29 PM
i was up there a couple years ago with a friend around that time. You can catch trout if u can go deep enoug, but there are a lot of boaters so it is hard to do. We ended up just fishing for bluegill and killing them. Lots of fun. Its a cool lake tho regardless.

Did you catch the blue gill on a boat or the shore? Was there a general area that they were at or were they all over? Thanks