PDA

View Full Version : El monte Pd

DccFISHerMan
05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.break.com/index/cop-kicks-runaway-suspect-in-the-head.html

So these dumb Azs ran so kinda had it coming but kicking a guy in the head while he is surrendering, then a few knees in the back and a dog bite?? what do u think???

trout worm
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
even though it's wrong, i think the dumb *** got what he deserved.

if you think about this from a cops point of view. this azzhle ran, put them all on edge by going on a high speed chase. then he just gives up..... yeah, tell that to the cops who are soo amped up on adrenaline chasing this idiot.

the sad part is the dumb *** is going to sue the cops and probably get some kind of settlement.

they should pass a law, you run, you become fair game. that's the only way we'll put a stop to these dumb a's putting innocents in danger. you keep forgetting he hit a some cars while running away. he could have killed some innocent bystanders.

i know this is going to piss off people but if you just gave up, you don't give the cops any reason to chase you and rough you up.

sansou
05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
The sad (or positive, depending on how you feel) part is, there's a good chance an El Monte jury pool would actually award this perp a little money for a little kick in the head and some bruises, despite the fact he endangered a bunch of lives fleeing the police.

Let's face it, SoCal is a bit of a jungle. You want a professional, aggressive, highly trained & equipped and well paid police force with a healthy sense of esprit de corps....on the other hand, no one wants to pay for this type of quality of law enforcement.

DccFISHerMan
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
i agree with the "if u run its fair game", but to watch dude get kicked in the head while on the ground is wrong, then again dont run and it will never happen!!!

sansou
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Gimme a break, from looking at the video, it doesn't seem like all that bad of a kick to the head. Hell, I've had worse playing rugby. It doesn't even look like the dog got a good bite either.

I'm not saying the kick is justified...

DccFISHerMan
05-14-2009, 07:00 PM
didnt say if it was a "good" kick or not, but if it was needed???

imd12nv
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
What if the guy was trying to trick them into thinking he was giving up and all of a sudden pulls out a gun or something. that kick stunned him long enough for them to handcuff him. just my opinion.

imd12nv
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
i didnt see the dog bite

farleyd
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
If this Butt wipe had hit some ones kid or grandma this would not be
so big a deal. and if you don't think these punks would not kick a man when he is down think again. about time they get as good as they give!!!!

CASTAWAY
05-14-2009, 08:46 PM
fishing is way better than a car chase or a foot chase anyday.....

don't run so they don't have to chase you.....

they chased you five blocks and you think you ain't got a kick coming?

welcome to Southern California.............

he'll be alright......

DCCTrouserTrout
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Pretty stupid of the cop but gave me a good laugh... He straight out used the toe of his boot... lol

92yj
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
you all are right............ they should have shoot his dumb *****. this way we wouldn't have to pay for his gray bar hotel stay. if we would bring back public hanging we would have a lot less crime and jax ***** stunts.

DccFISHerMan
05-14-2009, 09:01 PM
hahahah take em all out before they get the chance right... dont test the popo and u wont get brutality beaten. hahahah

92yj
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
hahahah take em all out before they get the chance right... dont test the popo and u wont get brutality beaten. hahahah

yep. if we all had guns on us we would have less problems. i got my arms hope you got yours.

DccFISHerMan
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
yep. if we all had guns on us we would have less problems. i got my arms hope you got yours.

hahah i got my bag of goodies, no ones coming in my house, and if they do... they aint gettin out....

sktruth
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
I think the kick was totally unjustified. Just because the cops were pumped up and adrenaline flowing means nothing. There still has to be restraint. Some people say when there are high speed chases for minimal offenses let them go. By the police continuning the chase they are actually endangering civillians as well. There have been many civillians killed by cops in high speed chases as well as criminals.
Just my two cents...

Skyler
05-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Gimme a break, from looking at the video, it doesn't seem like all that bad of a kick to the head. Hell, I've had worse playing rugby. It doesn't even look like the dog got a good bite either.

I'm not saying the kick is justified...

You've done martial arts, right, sansou? You and i both know that kick would not have been so bad had it been from the side of the head. But he took a running kick down the guy's centerline. The head has nowhere to go in that situation. He could have compressed his spine and paralysed him, or even caused brain damage. And I'm sure he will have have neck problems for life now. If I pulled that move I know I'd be charged with attempted murder. Why not the cops?

Either way, it was totally uncalled for. He had already surrendered, was prone in a non-threatening position, and then a bunch of testosterone-filled cops decided to beat him down anyway. I hope they all lose their jobs and face charges. in fact, the one who threw the kick, well, lets just say I hope a few of that guy's friends catch him in a dark alley some night...

PHISHnutS
05-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Weak kick, should have kicked him harder....

Skyler
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Weak kick, should have kicked him harder....

Yes, violence is always the best way to subdue an already submissive suspect. :Rolls Eyes: Stacy Koon would be proud...

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Rodney sez...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8063/rodney.jpg

CASTAWAY
05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes, violence is always the best way to subdue an already submissive suspect. :Rolls Eyes: Stacy Koon would be proud...

Dude it's only one kick bro. Quit crying.

sktruth
05-15-2009, 11:30 AM
so one kick makes it ok? huh

PHISHnutS
05-15-2009, 11:58 AM

I think given the situation, the fact the officers risk their lives everyday and have to actually deal with the scum of this planet we should understand they are only human and will make these bad decisions sometimes.

He should not get away with it without punishment, just like in every job he should be written up and dealt with within his department. He should not be charged with assault as a civilian would.

Now if this is a pattern and he has done this before and it's getting worse then the punishment should be harsh, maybe he's not cut out to be an officer, but hey are humans with emotions and it's real hard to say any one of us would not have a bad day and cross the line.

The criminal chose to run, chose to put countless others at risk, he has to take responsibility for everything that took place as a result of his choices....including a boot to the face.

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-05/46923454.jpg

The kick was so hard it left an imprint of the brand on his lip.

PHISHnutS
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM

The kick was so hard it left an imprint of the brand on his lip.

LMAO, poor guy, he looks like he had such a bright future ahead of him. :LOL:

FISH_HUNTER
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Any one who lives in a "major" metropolitan city, or has friends or a is a Cop KNOWS this "stuff" happens EVERYDAY! That Uni should have know that the media birds would be all over a chase! he should have waited until he got him "alone". Just got caught in the moment! (Literally) D'oh!

Crawler
05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Didnt watch the vid. But I think if you run from the cops you should expect to be kicked / punched / face down in the street with a knee or two on your neck. Actually I would like to see a no tolerance policy on running from the cops. Everytime a high speed chase comes on the tv, I am always yelling at the cops through the TV (not really) to pit manuver his arse! Freakin put that forker into a wall and end that crap before someone innocent gets hurt! I fawking hate it when they follow the perp around letting him control the situation.

Oh, here is his alleged mug shot. Doesnt he look like he was about due for a kick in the face? If it wasnt the cops, im sure one of his buisness affiliates would have kicked him in the face in the next day or two, at the most!! I mean come on, he has a freakin tattoo for a mustache! :ROFL:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=442814&stc=1&d=1242339801

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Everytime a high speed chase comes on the tv, I am always yelling at the cops through the TV (not really) to pit manuver his arse! Freakin put that forker into a wall and end that crap before someone innocent gets hurt!

And you think having a car barreling outta control in traffic after getting PIT'ed won't get innocent people hurt?

Scoring Machine
05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Didnt watch the vid. But I think if you run from the cops you should expect to be kicked / punched / face down in the street with a knee or two on your neck. Actually I would like to see a no tolerance policy on running from the cops. Everytime a high speed chase comes on the tv, I am always yelling at the cops through the TV (not really) to pit manuver his arse! Freakin put that forker into a wall and end that crap before someone innocent gets hurt! I fawking hate it when they follow the perp around letting him control the situation.

Oh, here is his alleged mug shot. Doesnt he look like he was about due for a kick in the face? If it wasnt the cops, im sure one of his buisness affiliates would have kicked him in the face in the next day or two, at the most!! I mean come on, he has a freakin tattoo for a mustache! :ROFL:

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=442814&stc=1&d=1242339801

With the time you took to post that you could have taken the 30 seconds to watch the video so you wouldn't have been talking out of your *** when you posted. God bless America.

I give the cops the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time after knowing several through grad school and work, but kicking a guy in the mellon that's laying face down on the ground and not resisting? Yeah, not so much.

Crawler
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
And you think having a car barreling outta control in traffic after getting PIT'ed won't get innocent people hurt?

Sorry I should have been more clear. Of course a pit manuver next to an elementary school at 3pm would not be a very prudent. I have seen my fair share of police chases and there are ALWAYS safe places to ram / pit a perp.

Dont be dumb. :LOL:

sktruth
05-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Sorry I should have been more clear. Of course a pit manuver next to an elementary school at 3pm would not be a very prudent. I have seen my fair share of police chases and there are ALWAYS safe places to ram / pit a perp.

Dont be dumb.

I agree there may be safe places to do a pit manueveur, but thats not ALWAYS how it works. There have been MANY instances where the police seriously injured or killed someone by doing a pit manuever or just losing control of his vehicle.

sansou
05-15-2009, 02:51 PM

I don't get the impression this guy and his "homies" practice "C&R" when they ninja city park lakes.... :LOL:

Crawler
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
With the time you took to post that you could have taken the 30 seconds to watch the video so you wouldn't have been talking out of your *** when you posted. God bless America.

I give the cops the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time after knowing several through grad school and work, but kicking a guy in the mellon that's laying face down on the ground and not resisting? Yeah, not so much.

:LOL:

I watched the vid right after posting. I didnt realize the first post was a link to the vid. Now that I have seen it, I wish I was there giving the officers a high five. That stupid forker should have been kicked twice *just* for driving the wrong way in traffic.

Or maybe the cops should have walked up to him calmly, making sure not to scare him, offered him some water (im sure his heart was beating fast) and maybe some 409 for the grass stains.

He got less then he deserved IMO. But, here in God blessed America, the pussifacation shall continue.

Crawler
05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I agree there may be safe places to do a pit manueveur, but thats not ALWAYS how it works. There have been MANY instances where the police seriously injured or killed someone by doing a pit manuever or just losing control of his vehicle.

And those cases are very unfortunate. :Sad:

However fault lies squarly on the perp in these situations IMO. THEY are the ones making a dangerous situation, the police are just doing thier jobs. If the cops started just straight killing mofos that ran from them (high speed chase style) then it wouldnt take long before NOBODY would even THINK about getting themselves into a high speed chase. We have gone soft. This whole "let them get away, its safer, do it for the children" crap is why we have so many idiots that think its OK to run from the cops. Well kids its not, and you might get kicked in the head if you try.

I should show my 6yo this vid when I get home. It should teach her never to run from the police, and never get a tattoo on you upper lips.

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I should show my 6yo this vid when I get home. It should teach her never to run from the police, and never get a tattoo on you upper lips.

You can also teach her that if you're gonna be a police man or woman, and you're gonna be kicking gang bangers in the face after they've surrendered, never to have an outside business that GLORIFIES gang life.

LOS ANGELES -- The officer caught on tape kicking a suspect in the head reportedly owns a clothing company that glorifies gang life, according to the Whittier Daily News.

http://www.torcidoclothing.com/

:ROFL:

sansou
05-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow...I got tattoo-mustache boy pegged all wrong.

He's a marketing genius! Think about it...

Crawler
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
you can also teach her that if you're gonna be a police man or woman, and you're gonna be kicking gang bangers in the face after they've surrendered, never to have an outside business that glorifies gang life.

http://www.torcidoclothing.com/

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

CASTAWAY
05-15-2009, 03:47 PM

No, I take it back----->

Should've been two:Nut Kick::Dancing Banana::ROFL:

Scoring Machine
05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Apparently lack of judgment is a pattern of behavior for this officer.

Suspend him for a couple of days, make him work a desk job for like a month and move on.

Most cops do their jobs ethically, this one let the adrenaline get the best of him.

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow...I got tattoo-mustache boy pegged all wrong.

He's a marketing genius! Think about it...

He should also start his own clothing line as well and compete with the cop?

Unless he comes out with this:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7064/shirt.jpg

I don't think he's much of a genius in anything.

Crawler
05-15-2009, 04:16 PM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7064/shirt.jpg

I don't think he's much of a genius in anything.

I agree. I mean, who the hell capitalizes the first letter of EVERY word.

Seriously, What Is That All About Anyway? I Just Dont Understand It.

DarkShadow
05-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I agree. I mean, who the hell capitalizes the first letter of EVERY word.

Seriously, What Is That All About Anyway? I Just Dont Understand It.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5844/facepalm.gif

WARRIORMIKE
05-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Thats what happens when you go ninja fishing!

Crawler
05-16-2009, 09:34 AM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5844/facepalm.gif

Didnt mean to frustrate you DS. Just practicing teh funney. They cant all be homeruns. :LOL:

greeper
05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
You've done martial arts, right, sansou? You and i both know that kick would not have been so bad had it been from the side of the head. But he took a running kick down the guy's centerline. The head has nowhere to go in that situation. He could have compressed his spine and paralysed him, or even caused brain damage. And I'm sure he will have have neck problems for life now. If I pulled that move I know I'd be charged with attempted murder. Why not the cops?

Either way, it was totally uncalled for. He had already surrendered, was prone in a non-threatening position, and then a bunch of testosterone-filled cops decided to beat him down anyway. I hope they all lose their jobs and face charges. in fact, the one who threw the kick, well, lets just say I hope a few of that guy's friends catch him in a dark alley some night...

And the clueless come out of the woodwork. It's always entertaining to see those critics who have no clue about police work offer their useless comments.

txcurry
05-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Let's face it. Policemen must be held to a higher standard or else they are no better than the scum they put in jail. By law and by department procedures the kick was wrong. I'm not saying it wasn't justified, but rules and laws are put in place in order to distinguish civilized humanity from the lawless scum. If an officer can't control himself and follow the guidelines and his training and remain within the law and in control in an adrenaline filled situation, then he needs to find another career. We, as taxpayers, cannot afford these loose cannons.
If policemen need more training to achieve this level of proficiency then we must make sure they get it.

Eyethautunew
05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
The sad thing about this, is the dude is going to make some money off this. He was on the ground, hands spread out with clearly no weapons. Clearly surrendering, and the cop just acted out of anger. Hmm.. lets see Would you be pissed wanting to kick someone too, if he just put you and everyone during the chase in danger of their lives. Im sure alot of us have kicked someone when they were down. Everything happends all too fast.

Nessie Hunter
05-17-2009, 06:10 AM
And the clueless come out of the woodwork. It's always entertaining to see those critics who have no clue about police work offer their useless comments.

X 2.. Agreed Greeper!!!

Distraction & Confusion techniques are common & taught in training when making physical contact.
Officer safety is a priority (at that second), then the Public, last is the Crooks..

Think Tazer, tear gas, pepper spray, Throw downs, 'Rapid' hard take downs, Spin & pushes, etc??
Split second decisions for safety..

Dont be so fast to judge what he did, if you havnt done the job!!!!
Talk is CHEAP!!!

Now you can go back to your Legalization Thread......

Skyler
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM

So you know me now? What do I do for a living? I'd say that my 20+ years of martial arts training (6 of which I was the head instructor) leaves me with a bit more fight expertise than your average police officer, and definitely more than most guys like you who chime in without knowing who the hell they are talking to. If you don't believe that a kick at that approach angle can be lethal, just let me axe kick you once and you'll change your tune (well, your next of kin will have to change it for you)...

Nessie, you disappoint me. You and I both know that a violent impact-based "distraction" (I'd call it aggression, not distraction) technique like that is definitely not neccesary when handcuffing an already submissive perp. He was prone, face down, with his hands and feet spread at max distance from his body. He knew the drill, and he had given up. The kick was abusive, not justifiable, plain and simple.

Webfoot
05-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Granted the kick was over the top. But how do you justify this guy endangering countless life’s with his reckless driving. How would anyone here feel if he killed or maimed one of their loved ones?

Lets face it. The prevailing attitude in general is your either pro law enforcement or against it.

Rodriguez brought this upon himself the moment he punched the accelerator.

bruce watson
05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
FYI Greeper and Nessie Hunter are both ex police. Nessie is still addicted to donuts.

Funny thing, I couldn't hear the sound on that tape. So I don't know if the suspect refused an order or made a threat. He was keeping an eye on the cop instead of looking down or away.

Skyler
05-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Granted the kick was over the top. But how do you justify this guy endangering countless life’s with his reckless driving. How would anyone here feel if he killed or maimed one of their loved ones?

Lets face it. The prevailing attitude in general is your either pro law enforcement or against it.

Rodriguez brought this upon himself the moment he punched the accelerator.

No, he brought on the jail time and fines that he will get when convicted by a jury of his peers. In our society, that is how we punish our offenders. Not by sending goons after them. The police themselves do not have the right to "punish" us for crimes, only to enforce the laws that make them a crime.

Either way, it was an irresponsible decision on the officer's part, and that is what this all comes down to. Justified or not, it was still excessive force, which is illegal, plain and simple. If you think the cop should get away scot-free, then you should logically believe that the suspect should get off too...after all, they both broke the law.

wellbilldancesays
05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Bottom line.

The perp is a loser.

The police officer let his emotions get carried away and on film to boot. Stupid.

What the perp did wasnt right and how the officer handled it wasn't right either.

Sea Monkey
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, this idiot is not a good cop gone bad... he's already a thorn in the side of the El Monte PD. This is the kind of cop who makes all the rest look like dirtbags.

From the San Gabriel Valley Tribune:
"... Officer Fierro is listed as the owner of Torcido Clothing (www.torcidoclothing.com) of El Monte, according to records at El Monte City Hall. "Torcido" is slang for being imprisoned.
"Selling clothes about gang or prison life is "completely inconsistent" with behavior expected from officers," said Jay Wachtel, a Cal State Fullerton ethics instructor in the criminal justice program. "I can't possibly imagine a law enforcement officer selling clothes that glorify gang activity," he said..."
"...Fierro has been on the force for 15 years, and on May 18, 2008 he filed a civil complaint against the police department and its leadership. In the complaint, Fierro alleges he suffered reprisals because he reported unethical behavior of fellow officers.
Fierro was "passed over for virtually every promotion or permanent specialized assignments," according to the complaint..."

The other idiot he kicked in the head? Who cares.

Troutman65
05-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Wow , what a read . I read this thread from beg. to the end. Guy should of not ran & police officer should of not kicked the guy when he was down.:Neutral:

ElementX
05-19-2009, 09:08 AM
No, he brought on the jail time and fines that he will get when convicted by a jury of his peers. In our society, that is how we punish our offenders. Not by sending goons after them. The police themselves do not have the right to "punish" us for crimes, only to enforce the laws that make them a crime.

Either way, it was an irresponsible decision on the officer's part, and that is what this all comes down to. Justified or not, it was still excessive force, which is illegal, plain and simple. If you think the cop should get away scot-free, then you should logically believe that the suspect should get off too...after all, they both broke the law.

Well said. :Thumbs Up:

spooks
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
"As law enforcement officers, we're held to a higher standard than the general public," Montoya said. "But at the very minimum, we have to obey society's laws, just as any other person. this is a quote from a police chief when you behave as the El monte officer did you are no better than the guy you are arresting.we have courts a penal system to dish the punishment.

jlgarciaiii22
05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
they should pass a law, you run, you become fair game. that's the only way we'll put a stop to these dumb a's putting innocents in danger.

i know this is going to piss off people but if you just gave up, you don't give the cops any reason to chase you and rough you up.

That's what started all these chases to begin with.... People were getting roughed up by cops even though they pulled over!!!!! Myself personally was slammed on a very hot patrol car hood for having my right brake light out!!!!! Police abuse thier authority everyday, a typical routine stop for a traffic violation turned into something way more because i had a shaved head and some tattoos! Even after telling the officer i was not on parole or probation he still didn't believe me and sat me in his car for 30 minutes to run my name.

joe man
05-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Lets see, the guy damaged someones car, endangered the lives of innocent people on the road, and endangerred the lives of the cops in a high speed chase. He deserves a good kick in the head but that is why I decided not to be a cop. I guess from a legal standpoint the cops will be found guilty but I think the guy only got part of what he deserves.

Yes the cop was wrong but I still find it hard to feel sorry for the criminal. Cops, like the rest of us, get worked up and amped out by this type of thing. I do think the cop needs to be punished but I do not think a criminal who is in a high speed chase should have a right to sue.