PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing at SARL

Ahab
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
So I've only gone night fishing a few times with mediocre at best results. I'll be at SARL this Friday evening and was hoping you guys had a few tips for night fishing there. I know there was a stocking of trout yesterday so I'll go for trout for sure and possibly cats if there are any in the lake by then. As far as trout baits go, I know threre's glow in the dark PB, is that the key?

Thanks!!

- Ahab

Anglerism
05-15-2009, 09:42 PM
You're probably out there right now but this is for next time. :) If you try fishing for cats, last time I was there, I had luck fly lining a freshly cut mackarel using a circle hook. Open the bail and wait until the cat takes the bait. Good Luck!!!

-Andy

crappie stalker
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Ahab
The best advise or tip I can give for fishing sarl is DONT DO IT!! LOL
Go on own the road to Corona and you have a far better chance of leaving with fish..

CS

lunkerking
05-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Well said and great advice crappie stalker. SARL is a toilet.

boxl0bster
05-17-2009, 09:55 AM
fishing sarl isnt THAT bad, just look at some of the regulars who are on this forum. you really have to know your !#* to really get on the fish there. anyways i suggest you go to corona, you'll have better luck there. theres really only two places to fish corona from shore. follow where people race to and you'll be good. theres a reason why people show up 2-4hrs before opening. do the same and follow them and you're good to go. :Cool:

Anglerism
05-17-2009, 12:05 PM
" follow where people race to and you'll be good. theres a reason why people show up 2-4hrs before opening. do the same and follow them and you're good to go."

Funny but it's true! :)