PDA

View Full Version : Laguna beach surf fishing

theMaverick
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM
is anyone familiar with laguna beach surf. is it more perch or halibut/sand bass? any info would be appreciated, im house sitting there this weekend and of course fishing is the first thing i wonder about... :wink:

jplee3
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
is anyone familiar with laguna beach surf. is it more perch or halibut/sand bass? any info would be appreciated, im house sitting there this weekend and of course fishing is the first thing i wonder about... :wink:

lol... make sure you keep an eye on the house ;) jk hahaha. i'm not as familiar with laguna beach but i think i've heard good reports on barred surf perch and corbs. maybe some bass in the mix when you get near the kelp and rocky areas too.
one word of caution about the meters - WATCH OUT! i think the laguna beach pd/meter maids literally wait and watch meters on the minute so if you're over by 1 they'll give you a $36 ticket. this has happened to me twice in LB and i think that's the *only* city i've ever gotten parking tickets in. it's pretty ridiculous, and the only thing i hate about laguna beach.

theMaverick
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
awesome thanks for the info. considering i am the parking ticket magnet... thats was a good tip to pass along.

kixchad2002
06-20-2007, 08:30 AM
the surf has been small and easy all week, visability should be excelent if you wanted to do some spear fishing. check out the little reefs off of ruby and emerald st beaches.

jplee3
06-22-2007, 08:02 AM
awesome thanks for the info. considering i am the parking ticket magnet... thats was a good tip to pass along.

yeah, to put it bluntly, the cops in laguna beach are a bunch of jerkface tards (sorry if any of you work as one or for the lbpd; i understand that the city needs to make its money :roll:). :twisted: i just looked at the time my ticket was issued again and it *literally* was given the minute my meter expired: 9:39am. which means i must have put money it at 8:24am, which is about when i got there, because i put in 1:15 worth of quarters. if you ever eat at las brisas, just know that the area is especially a tourist trap. i should have just parked in the valet... didn't know about it before, so next time i guess.... oh yea, i forgot to mention: the first time i got a ticket out there, under almost the exact same circumstances (literally on the minute the meter expired), was on an Easter Sunday. so yea, these guys really have no heart. hahahaha sorry but it's true.

xahx
06-23-2007, 10:07 PM
lol not sure sorry!