PDA

View Full Version : Cats at SARL?

Ahab
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
A quick question for everyone; I looked at the SARL website and called them and they mention stocking cats "this week". I plan to go down there on Friday for the evening bite, does anyone know exactly when they're stocking the first plant of cats?

Thanks!!

- Ahab

ElementX
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Not sure on exact time, but they usually stock on Wed and Fri. I've seen them do it during the morning sessions on weds and I hear they stock fri eve to cover the weekend. Hope someone can confirm!

Fisherman57
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
My understanding is they will be stocking catfish on Tues. & Fri... at both Corona & SARL... they'll also be stocking Tilapia.

I'd give it a week or two and let the water warm up a little and the bite should be ON........

Nightcrawlers for the tilapia.... of try fishing for them with some moss... Tilapia love mossy areas and love eating moss.....

Here's an article from a couple years ago that may shed more light ....
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hooking-up-with-1734120-tasty-tilapia

Good luck and I look forward to reading your report!

HelloBendo420
05-15-2009, 12:04 AM
heck yeah. tilapia while fishing for kitties. that just might be worth the $22.

cool clip from 2000. did coronal actually have running water?

CASTAWAY
05-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Catfish and Tilapia, sweet!:Cool:

ElementX
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Tilapia is my favorite freshwater fish! Those guys fry up great!

They started stocking catfish a few weeks ago I think. The lake across from the big one is the bass/catfish pond. You can always try over there if you don't find them in the big lake.

CASTAWAY
05-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Tilapia is my favorite freshwater fish! Those guys fry up great!

They started stocking catfish a few weeks ago I think. The lake across from the big one is the bass/catfish pond. You can always try over there if you don't find them in the big lake.

You are talking about Chris's Pond correct?

calico killer kevin
05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
You are talking about Chris's Pond correct?
Nope. I think he's talking about the catfish lake. I got a few spots there that you should try.:Cool:

Asecino420
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
im planning a trip out to sarl. or corona on Monday. Since imma be on vaccations. Im hopping theres cats in there imma give em a call tomorrow and see what kinda info then can give me. i hear they are very nice and helpful

ElementX
05-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Yup its the catfish lake that is to the left of the pay booth when you drive in. I wish I had taken pictures of that lake last year when they drained a ton of water. I could of had a decent map of the dropoffs around the edges.

I got no idea what goes in Chris's Pond...never caught anything there. Its the only lake at SARL that has visible structure coming out of the water, but not much action. I thought about taking my toon there so I could troll around with my fish finder and see what the bottom looks like, but the water looks more like swamp than pond.

calico killer kevin
05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
^^^Really? Chris' Pond was BY FAR the most productive of the three lakes for me. Guess you just gotta know the spots. If you ever see a kid riding his bike around the lake with poles in his hand, that's probably me. Call me out and I'd be glad to show you the spot.

CASTAWAY
05-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Doesn't matter which lake it is when you have skillz like mines.
Check for my full stringer report Sunday night.:LOL:
I know Saint just can't wait to see that.hahahahaha He wants to
know what the Cast is using as bait.......

And you can not tube Chris's Pond by the way.:Smile:

ElementX
05-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info Castaway. I didn't really want to hang my feet in swamp anyways :LOL: Where's the report brother? Feel free to throw some tips my way :Shocked:

Kevin, I'll take you up on that offer! when do you usually go to SARL?

CASTAWAY
05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info Castaway. I didn't really want to hang my feet in swamp anyways :LOL: Where's the report brother? Feel free to throw some tips my way :Shocked:

Kevin, I'll take you up on that offer! when do you usually go to SARL?

tips coming right up!!!!!