PDA

View Full Version : Late Skinner striper slay 5/12/09

crappie stalker
05-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Got up at a very dark and quiet 330 am and got prepared for the ride to skinner.. Got my buddy up and started on our way.. Spoke with Seng in hopes of some striper slaying.. Seng sorry you couldnt get out bra.. Hit the lake shortly after opening and got a rental.. Headed over to the inlet and was beat by a guy who arrived with us but had his own boat.. He zoomed over to our intended spot..LOL Hated that as we watched him nail some nice big ones over there.. We set up next to him and it wasnt long before my buddy got slammed he loss that one and then quickly got redemption.. I got on the board a few moments later and then it was on.. We slammed them one after the other until going out and searchin for the illusive gills.. We journeyed through almost all of the coves and out crops for no luck or even sitings.. We did see big LMBS every where.. We also saw some cat fish swwimming in some of the areas.. It got a little later in the day so we headed over to the inlet again because I needed a couple for my limit and my buddy needed like 6.. We set up as per Sengs suggestion..Thanks Seng, and started part 2 of the striper slay.. There were no big takers but the dink parade was on.. I finished off with a limit and I think my partner was a couple shy of a limit.. He was off because he was trying other things and wasnt just out to kill the stripers.. Limits were there for all that wanted them..

Took a few pics and will put them up when I get them off my phone.. Cant text them on this phone and my link cord is missing..

CS

CASTAWAY
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Good report. Waiting for the pix.:Big Grin:

ghetto dad
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Nice job mang....PPPPIIICCCSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

GD

peterl
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Well I missed it by two days.

I fished Skinner this morning for one dink.

Got a rental boat and hit the inlet by 6:45. I dink, and one other bite, that was it.

i did not see anyone catching anything.

I was using chicken livers with no love.

Just an FYI, starting today through the weekend is the "Solar Cup" boat races at Skinner.

The main launch ramp is closed, all boats must use Launch Ramp 2.

Pete

Panfish Junior
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Good job bro and Thanx 4 the report! :LOL:

crappiemike
05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
way to get then stripers.. thnx for the report.

cm

ghetto dad
05-14-2009, 11:14 PM
check the "other one" guys!! :Wink:

GD