PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake

PINKMEAT
05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
How did I manage to miss this lake for the first 10 years of fishing the sierras? I feel cheated.

Flying
05-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Are you talking about that big stinky muddy lake with all the cow crap and bugs right before you get to Mammoth? They have fish in there?:Envious::Envious::Envious:

fishfinder
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
kinda missing the sierra experience if you are fishing crowley

Flying
05-15-2009, 03:54 AM
kinda missing the sierra experience if you are fishing crowley

I think most of use have had plenty of the "Sierra experience" before finding The Crowl.

Plus theres still plenty of time left for the sierra experience after getting blown off Crowley around 1pm:LOL:

dragonrpc
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Crowley can be missed, but dont miss Rock creek. :)

fishfinder
05-15-2009, 01:51 PM
I think most of use have had plenty of the "Sierra experience" before finding The Crowl.

Plus theres still plenty of time left for the sierra experience after getting blown off Crowley around 1pm:LOL:

thats the way i look at it. on the crawl, for some sac. perch, and then get into the trees and mountains.

kelly k
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
How did I manage to miss this lake for the first 10 years of fishing the sierras? I feel cheated.

Alright I'll let the cat out of the bag, I felt the same way for a long time after looking down at the "hole" from the 395, it looked ugly, I thought to myself, how could anyone fish that place! My feelings about that place changed when I fished one of the tournaments from a boat, the scenery all around the "Hole" was absolutely beautiful, I was the ugly spot!

billy b
05-16-2009, 12:27 PM
from the middle of Bport it's the same thing. Beautiful when you're out in the middle of the lake instead of approaching it.

greg
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I felt the same way as Pinkmeat about Crowley and missed 5 years of fishing it. But for the past 10 years, it's my primary stop in the Eastern Sierra's until the end of June when the fish begin to taste muddy...

fishfinder
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
any-one ever go to little lakes area, above convict. was hoping it would be open in 2 weeks while i am there

matt duarte
05-19-2009, 10:56 AM
crowley looked like a pos this past weekend..the water level is way down...saw a few boats on it but not much...i stayed at rock creek for 5 days last week and it was off the hook!..

when you say lil lake your talkin about treasure lakes right??... this past weekend while i was at rock creek i saw that there was way to much snow still to make it up there... snow level is chillin at 9000ft... and is deadley cold up there at night right now...during the day it was in the 70s to 80s and at night it droped to at least 30 at french camp...above rock creek lake it dropped 10* or more!

tacklejunkie
05-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Little lakes is the entire valley above the parking lot up to the passes on either side. Like 20 lakes back there. Not just the T's.

smokinflies
05-19-2009, 02:40 PM
we used to camp at french camp, and sometimes fish that creek that runs beside the camp sites.

matt did you check out the bar at tom's place. that bar's happening during the night.

fishfinder
05-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Well i hope the snow melts in back country just a little before the end of the month. I just wanted to go back 1/2 mile to first brook trout lake, and i heard the stream was good too.