PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Wishon Res. This Weekend

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
My annual late spring/early summer trout fling is here. Rainbows, browns, and maybe a couple brookies ! Been going up to the west side of the sierras for over 40 yrs and this place is my fav. Can take day trips to other lakes/streams in the area, but in my opinion the best campground for RVs and tent campers is Wishon Village. Check it out.... http://www.wishonvillage.com/index.html
In a week or so I'll post my catch, maybe a pic or two. Can't tell you exactly where I always catch my limit :wink:

BakoBassin
06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Doesn't Wishon have smallmouth as well?

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Nope, no smallmouth...at least I've never caught any there. Shaver Lake has them and some from Shaver were transplanted to Pine Flat Res.

Cabodude
06-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Wishon is awesome! I've never seen a smallie in there as well. Shaver has a ton of them though and yes they do take them from shaver to stock Pine Flat and Diamond Valley Lake in Hemet.

I like Courtright too, but it can get really cold up there at night!

Good luck!

TrouTHeAd
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Wishon Resevior has some great scenaries!!! I was just up there 2 weeks ago. My wife and I must have C&R about 40 trouts in about 3 hours. I might be up there this weekend again. GOOD LUCK and have a great time out there!!!