PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bako Boys

Bass hack
05-12-2009, 05:07 PM
What is the biggest bass you have caught out of Lake Truxton? It used to be really good for alot of small ones. Now it seems there are only carp. I used to take my son out there & we would catch bluegills & small bass all day. Now you are lucky to even get a bite. I once caught a 4lb bass in the middle of summer about 2yrs ago. I just cant bring myself to fish this lake anymore. Too much trash & very few fish.

FISH ON
05-12-2009, 10:34 PM
What is the biggest bass you have caught out of Lake Truxton? It used to be really good for allot of small ones. Now it seems there are only carp. I used to take my son out there & we would catch bluegills & small bass all day. Now you are lucky to even get a bite. I once caught a 4lb bass in the middle of summer about 2yrs ago. I just cant bring myself to fish this lake anymore. Too much trash & very few fish. biggest spotty was about 2.5 and LMB was 5lb both caught last year. been fishing trux for only 2 years but i do talk with the regulars like bill the frog on braid guy and others. and yes they say it gets worse every year.the fishing is spotty. lots of trash and plenty of aholes who stringer every thing they catch. but what do you expect when the lake is right in the middle of town. plus you know everything was better back in the day.

cutbait
05-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I know of a 13 lber caught there. Few years back.

I sight fished there this year and did well. Saw some 5's. But I only go there when the are spawning.

Bass hack
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
13lbs? Hmmm............. I wonder if that fish is still in there? I may have to re-think my black balling of Truxton. I have fished there during the spawn & have never seen any bass on beds. I do see people with 5gal buckets with very small fish in them. What about River walk or River lakes? I have caught fish out of River lakes until I got kicked out but my 2 trips @ River walk only produced a few bites. The last time I was there there was 2 guys scuba diving in there. :EyePop: I asked them if they had seen any fish when they surfaced & they said "Zee vater iz too merky,Vee can no see so very gud". I think they were foreigners.WTF? I may try Truxton again out of desperation. You never know.By the way cutbait..... NICE STRIPER. That was you that caugt the 30lber right?

cutbait
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks Bass,

If your looking for some local bass, best bet is probably Lake Ming, and the lower river . I have caught bass in Riverwalk, Riverlakes, and even seen striper in Truxton, and Riverwalk. Although the Truxton striper was dead and about 8 lbs and the Riverwalk striper was planted there by some kids who caught the fish out of the C.V canal right there.

You need to hook up with Bako, and Skaguy. They're the experts at ming and the river and good guys.

I seem to be sprung out on stripers right now.

joe man
05-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Fished the lakes about a dozen times and never even got a bite.

trail blazer
05-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks Bass,

If your looking for some local bass, best bet is probably Lake Ming, and the lower river . I have caught bass in Riverwalk, Riverlakes, and even seen striper in Truxton, and Riverwalk. Although the Truxton striper was dead and about 8 lbs and the Riverwalk striper was planted there by some kids who caught the fish out of the C.V canal right there.

You need to hook up with Bako, and Skaguy. They're the experts at ming and the river and good guys.

I seem to be sprung out on stripers right now.

CUTBAIT,,,A STRIPER JUNKY,,,,,,gotta love those linesides zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oooooyaaaaaaaaaaaa