PDA

View Full Version : lone pine to crowley suggestions

Captwoody
05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
I am going 5/13- 5/16 with my 70 yr old dad towing my 30 ft toy hauler . what i am asking for is lakeside or creekside camping spots to try? 1rst night tuttle creek. I like pvr but it is not lakeside you have to walk and i am trying to minimize that because my dad has had heart attacks in the past.Unless the shop repairs my 10 hp by today i will be boatless. thanks in advance for the help- woody

retired96
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Camp in Rock Creek, just a few minutes from Crowley, lots of campgrounds, many are right on the creek. Thats the only place I ever camp on my trips to the Sierras.

Captwoody
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks I will take a look going to spend a couple nights a creekside rv park 1rst night is still up in the air-woody

Sparky70
05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Just north of Lone Pine on hwy 395 is Sheppards Creek on the right side of 395, might be worth a nights camping.............You find an alfalfa field to the left, next right turn goes to Sheppards creek.....:Angry::Angry:

Big Country
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Gull has a cool little camp ground right next to the lake, but it's small and often packed unless you hit it mid-week.

There is a real nice campground just past Silver Lake that is parallel to Rush creek.

If you were going the following week, Brown on the Upper Owens would be good.

The altitude of Rock Creek Lake might be tough for someone that has a history of heart attacks so be careful if you visit it.