PDA

View Full Version : Garlic mushrooms

Sue
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Right, round here I'm quite famous for my garlic mushrooms, so thought I'd share the recipe with you :Big Grin:

Take 1 pack of whole mushrooms (you know, the ones that come in a blue tub in the grocery store). Remove stems.

In a large frying pan or skillet, melt a stick of butter and add 2-3 teaspoons of garlic. Once it starts bubbling, add salt, pepper, rosemary, basil and a couple teaspoons of soy sauce.

Put the mushrooms in the mixture CAP DOWN. Sautee for 6-7 minutes on medium heat until browned.

Drool at the smell.

Once browned, flip the mushrooms over and sautee for another couple of minutes....they'll soak up the juices.

Serve in a bowl and pour the leftover butter/garlic mix into the bowl.

sansou
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I gotta try this one, I'm a big fan of mushrooms and do a little bit of wild mushroom hunting!

Thanks!

Sue
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
I gotta try this one, I'm a big fan of mushrooms and do a little bit of wild mushroom hunting!

Thanks!

The soy sauce is key - they're good without it, but EXCELLENT with it!

Fisherman57
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Thanks!

Rich's idea of "Wild Mushroom Hunting" is looking for the "shroom" sale bucket at Whole Foods. :Secret:

Sue
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Rich's idea of "Wild Mushroom Hunting" is looking for the "shroom" sale bucket at Whole Foods. :Secret:

Believe me, that's not what I was thinking when he wrote that. I just chose to take the high road :Secret: :EyePop:

Fisherman57
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
How dare you imply I took the "low road" ! LOL! :ROFL:

Your recipe sounds good Sue... Ill have to try it and add the mushrooms to a good rib-eye steak!
I say you cook us all some at Parcher's!

"Mushooms a la Sue"

sansou
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Shroom this!

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/sansou/Pagosa%20Jul%202008/ChanterellesJul2008.jpg

(Chanterelles)

Fisherman57
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Fresh from Colorado?..

Sue
05-11-2009, 11:11 PM
How dare you imply I took the "low road" ! LOL! :ROFL:

Your recipe sounds good Sue... Ill have to try it and add the mushrooms to a good rib-eye steak!
I say you cook us all some at Parcher's!

"Mushooms a la Sue"

We usually do them with ribeyes! I will be glad to cook them up at Parchers! Jared, Evan, get mushrooms in!

sansou
05-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Fresh from Colorado?..

Just pics from last summer in Colorado. It was a particularly rainy summer, which made for excellent mushroom hunting. Those are Chanterelles, but we also scored bigtime on "cèpe" mushrooms (also known in the U.S. as boletus or in Italy as porcini).

I would be very surprised if chanterelles couldn't be found at 7500 to 9000 at or about the pine forest edges up in the Sierras (maybe not around Parchers and in the adjacent valleys b/c its just seems too dry), or in small meadows surrounded by pine. Need a good pine protected east facing slope usually with not too much sun. If you see signs of deer, that's also a good indicator.

Wild mushrooms and wild trout....now that's good eats!

Sparky70
05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Can U use portabella mushrooms with that recipt? More bang for the buck!

Troutman65
05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Can U use portabella mushrooms with that recipt? More bang for the buck!

I don't see why not Sparky.

Nice post Sue.

I like to add a few more things to my mushrooms. I'll add thin sliced onions. ( I just like onions ) I also add Emerils Original Essence ( a dash or two ) I brown the mixture and right before the end I will add two table spoons of Garlic & some Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce ( Three or four dashes ), a table spoon of Teriyaki base & glaze. I let this simmer for a few more min. I toss the mixture in the pan to mix. I plate it and munch:Big Grin:

spartafish
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Just pics from last summer in Colorado. It was a particularly rainy summer, which made for excellent mushroom hunting. Those are Chanterelles, but we also scored bigtime on "cèpe" mushrooms (also known in the U.S. as boletus or in Italy as porcini).

I would be very surprised if chanterelles couldn't be found at 7500 to 9000 at or about the pine forest edges up in the Sierras (maybe not around Parchers and in the adjacent valleys b/c its just seems too dry), or in small meadows surrounded by pine. Need a good pine protected east facing slope usually with not too much sun. If you see signs of deer, that's also a good indicator.

Wild mushrooms and wild trout....now that's good eats!

wild mushrooming is huge up here in the redwoods. i havent done i tmyself but have friends who go out. state parks generally doesnt want you taking the mushrooms, but there is a lot of other land to do it on