PDA

View Full Version : Vail 5-11

BassandRelease
05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Headed out today for a guide trip with Art Hill. All I can say is if you have the chance, give him a call, you'll have the best time of your life! Great guy, knows what hes talking about, was very helpful with the tackle/rigging(i kinda felt lazy not having to tie anything, lol) and we had a great time, it was well worth it! He knows that lake verrrry well. Started out on the reaction bite and caught 7 fish within the 1st hour! Overall we hooked into 50+ fish and landed most of them except for the few sneaky fish. Was able to catch my 1st ever crankbait fish too! Next thing you know i get 5 more on the crank!(definately boosted my crankbait confidence) AWESOME!! Anyways just wanted to thank Art for a great day out and thanks for the abundance of information we got out of him! heres some pics sorry theres not many but we were to excited catchin fish and couldnt wait to keep gettin our bait in the water!

heres a great fnn pose
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/dualnautical/DSCN0461.jpg

lol how did this pic come out smaller?
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/dualnautical/DSCN0460-1.jpg

ART HILL
05-12-2009, 07:02 AM
It was my pleasure having you out with me yesterday Nick. We had some good laughs, and a great time. You father in-law Dale had some great tournament stories for us. Those were awesome. Dale used to fish with some of the real legends of bass fishing. Roland Martin, Larry Nixon, Rick Clunn, Gary Klein, and many others.

Yesterday Nick and Dale caught fish on everal different techniques. the bite at Vail is starting to turn for the better. It's nice to see the "normal" summer patterns coming into play. It seemed that every cast Nick was onto a fish. It didn't matter what he threw either.

I am back to my normal job today, and for the next week, so if anyone is wanting to hit up Vail next week, give me a call. It should be great fishing.

Thanks again Nick for booking a trip with me. I look forward to fishing with you again soon.

Thanks,

Art

Art Hill's Guide Service
www.vaillakeguideservice.com (http://www.vaillakeguideservice.com)

jerry5
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Does that mean Art is back for vengency at the next Vail tourny?

ART HILL
05-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Does that mean Art is back for vengency at the next Vail tourny?

I certainly hope so. Just to clear the air on my "blank" at the last tournament, I, or rather we, did not blank. My partner and I did have a limit of fish, but with our limit not being close to the winning weight, we decided to release our fish at the dock, and not weigh them in.

If this had been a "points" tournment, and if we fished a lot of them, we would have weighed them in. I did not feel bad at all about this dicision. I have done this in the past. For me that tournament was all about getting my friend out, and having fun. We accomplished that!

I don't fish a lot of tournaments anymore. I had my fill of them in the 80's, and early 90"s, fishing San Diego Lakes. I saw a lot of illegal things happen in tournaments that caused me to not want to be a part of them any longer. Now when I fish one, it's usually just to fish it for fun with a friend.

BassandRelease
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Well after showing you my expert crankbait attack you should have no problem takin in some weight at the weigh in! Lol

jerry5
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Hope you get them. Maybe you'll put that Pete guy in his place. We all know your the man at Vail.

WormFisher
05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Art's the bomb and he's got Vail nailed down. Well worth it booking a trip with him. He's a class act.

jerry5
05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Wow Art you should of tossed your fish again. Looks like the only guide to hire is Art Berry. He cashed a check. You must of had boat problems or something. The love you been getting from your guide trips, looks as if 20 pounds would be easy.

BassandRelease
05-19-2009, 08:27 AM
That's must have been a rough day cause when we were out we were catchin left and right. Don't knock Art, speaking from expirience, he doesn't dissappoint. There could be a million reasons why he didn't rank higher.