PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Morning Session Monday!

ghetto dad
05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Good afternoon,

Well, after the homie Seng has been trying to get me to fish with him for about a year, I finally was able to get a day to fish with him. Thank you Seng for being persistant and finally getting me out there with you, I needed it.

The original plan was Pokerface, Seng, Seng’s brother, and myself were going to rent a pontoon. Seng called me the evening before and informed me that him and I were going to ride with his friend Dale (NFCD) in his boat, and Pokerface and Seng’s brother were going to get a rental. For the last week, I have been preparing for this trip, I had even received fresh sardines from a couple of the boats this week. I had really been looking forward to this day at Skinner, so Sunday night finally arrived, and I went to be early in hope of actually being able to wake up at 3:30 am to make sure I arrived at the lake on time. Finished some last minute preparations, and hit the rack.

Alarm goes of, I jump out of bed, load the truck, and head for the lake. I love driving the freeways this time of morning, absolutely no traffic. I make my exit on Rancho California a bit early than anticipated. When I made my way past the business area, the fog was THICK! So thick, it actually made me nervous, especially since I had no idea how far off the freeway the lake was. I literally could not see 10 feet in front of me. I somehow actually spotted the sign for Skinner in this thick fog, but I couldn’t tell where the turn off was, so I went past it, and figured that I could turn around real quick. Well, in the fog, I actually had to drive about 3-4 miles down the road, because I literally could NOT see anywhere to turn around. Eventually made my move, and headed back to the lake. I was the first car in line, and they opened the front gate at about 5:45 am, and headed down to the main gate to wait until the park opened. They came around and collected everyone’s entry fee, so I paid my $9 ( $5 vehicle and $4 entry), and waited till they let us in. 6 am finally arrived, and they let us in.

Seng calls me as I am driving into the gate, informing me he was going to be late, which irritated my because he has been telling me the last couple of days, “ make SURE you are there NO LATER than 6!” Lol..no worries, stopped in the store for a quick look around, and made my way to our meeting point, Ramp 1.

They finally arrive at about 6:15 or so, they all jump out of Dale’s truck, make our morning greetings/introductions, and load Dale’s boat with our gear while Pokerface and Seng’s brother go get their rental. We drop the boat in, and were off in search of Striped Bass.

The fog was very thick on the lake also, which made for a slow ride to Seng’s 007 spot #1. He informed me that this spot usually has the larger stripers, then if need be, go to secret spot #2 and top off our limit with the small ones. We finally arrived, set up, and made our first casts. NFCD was the first one on, landed a nice striper, followed by Seng, with another nice one. NCFD hooks another one a short time later, and so does Seng, and of course, I haven’t gotten bit yet. FINALLY, I hook one, and battle the fish on the 8 lb test, Seng expertly nets the fish, and finally, pressure is off. My wife probably went around 5-6 lbs, not 100% sure, but a nice fish.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10109.jpg

Pokerface and Seng’s brother arrive a short time later, set up outside of us, and start getting bit. By the time this first spot bite was done, we had 5 fish on our boat, and they had 6, I believe. Time to go finish off our limit with the smaller grade fish, which was really fun, fishing them on 2-4 lb test gear. After awhile, our limit was met, fish were in the live well, and we decided to try our luck at the elusive Skinner bluegill.

We arrived a short time later after Seng’s brother and Pokerface were already on a spot. Seng’s brother had 3 NICE plate size gills already on the boat. On our boat, no plate size gills, even tho NFCD did catch a smaller one, along with a trout! We fished around the cove, watched Seng’s brother catch a couple more NICE bluegill, and finally decided to call it a day at around 11:30. We had lots of fish to clean, and I had to get home to get my daughter from school. At the last minute, Seng and NFCD decided to go give it a little more time chasing the gills, so they dropped me off on the dock, said our goodbyes, and I headed to the fish cleaning station to clean my limit of fresh Stripers.

Not bad for a few hours, lots of fresh fish!! :Big Grin:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10110.jpg

NFCD, it was REALLY nice meeting and fishing with you brother, and I appreciate the trip on your boat, you have a really nice boat. Seng, thanks for getting me out there homie, I had a GREAT time! Pokerface and Seng’s bro, good fishing “with” you when our boats were closer together, lol.

I DEFINITELY want to hit this lake or another lake with you Seng, and soon man. I had a great time!! Thanks again guys…..

Thanks for reading!!

ps-sorry the lack of my usual pics guys, I was told it was an "unusually slow" morning, and did not want to bother the Striper Guru's by taking pics!!

Seng90806
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
dude what you do...you wrote a full length essay...lol...man i had a blast out there fishing with you and the boys just clowning around and having a great time...cant wait to do it again...dude i cant believe how the big the gills were when i saw it up close,..those suckers were huge...i told you to leave the fogs and black cloud at home but u decide to bring them anyways...thats why the bite was mighty slow...well at least you caught the biggest fish of the day so you having bragging rights lmao!!...lets do it again soon homie but next time i'll make sure to be on time....lol....had a blast and cant wait to do it again...here are some pics:

the big boys:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/IMG_0911.jpg

these suckers were huge:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/IMG_0912.jpg

picture wont do...you'll have to see it in person to be impress

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/IMG_0917.jpg

Panfish Junior
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Good job brothas! Love the pics and post especially the FATTY STRIPYS and the MONSTER GILLS. :Big Grin:

:Worship:

ghetto dad
05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
NICE pics homie...and yes, those things were HUGE!!!! Your bro can fish man...next time, I WILL be prepared....lol

GD

Seng90806
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
NICE pics homie...and yes, those things were HUGE!!!! Your bro can fish man...next time, I WILL be prepared....lol

GD

you were prepared...next time all you need to do is leave the "black cloud" at home so we can catch more big boys...just come and enjoy the day...no worries when you're fishing with me dude...anything goes...lmao!!!

ib12fish
05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice catch, and those Gills are SLABS!!! I didn't think Skinner had gill that big there, I think I'll fish Skinner Wednesday I would go tomorrow but I'm fishing the San Diego at the islands, good thing I'll fresh dines and chovy for weds:LOL: once again nice fish!!!

CatchthatTrout
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Steve,

Great job!!
Those are some nice fish.

It's good to see you get some "Steve time" on the waters.
Let me now when you do a Friday out there, I'd love to join you, the girlfriend lives in Murrieta.

Bluegill
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
good job u guys!!!! Hey porkerface, seng, dale it's seem that u guys been hitting skinner pretty hard this pass week. I was there on Saturday caught my limit by noon and went home

Bluegill

ghetto dad
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
you were prepared...next time all you need to do is leave the "black cloud" at home so we can catch more big boys...just come and enjoy the day...no worries when you're fishing with me dude...anything goes...lmao!!!

no man..i mean some non 15 lb 8 lb....and my OWN tackle box, and my OWN 2 lb rod...i wasnt prepared.....i still have fun tho mang

Nice catch, and those Gills are SLABS!!! I didn't think Skinner had gill that big there, I think I'll fish Skinner Wednesday I would go tomorrow but I'm fishing the San Diego at the islands, good thing I'll fresh dines and chovy for weds:LOL: once again nice fish!!!

slay slay slay

Steve,

Great job!!
Those are some nice fish.

It's good to see you get some "Steve time" on the waters.
Let me now when you do a Friday out there, I'd love to join you, the girlfriend lives in Murrieta.

nice brother..fridays are TOUGH man....:Sad:

good job u guys!!!! Hey porkerface, seng, dale it's seem that u guys been hitting skinner pretty hard this pass week. I was there on Saturday caught my limit by noon and went home

Bluegill

thanks man

GD

crappiemike
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
good job up down at skinner... cool fish pics, them gills are the right kind to do some damage with..

cm

cappo
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
someone's eating good in the neighborhood.
nice job guys, glad you got out steve.

johnsfishing
05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
nicely done guys! good report. :Cool:

johnsfishing

calico killer kevin
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
What the hell? What are you doing in the FW board? haha
You are the master haha.

formosa
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM
congrats GD, great see you fish with seng,seng's borther, dale and phong.
thnx for the report n pics.

cappo
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
You are the master haha.

LMAO
He went from Turd roller guru, to Harbor Master. Now a striper guide.
Whats next?

victor101
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Good job guys. Nice stripers and weird looking perch!

BassinChef
05-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Looks like you all had a great day out there slaying man,great job, next time you guys go out on a Monday give me a shout.

BassinChef

striperman
05-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Hey GD & Seng,

What's the secret? What bait were you using and how were you fishing it? Please enlighten this rookie. I would appreciate that buddy. How are you catching the bluegill? and with what bait? I'd like to try that someday too.

Those were some nice catch. Never been to Skinner. Live too far north but would love to try it someday when I visit friends in San Diego.

Glad to hear you are out with your "spouse". That'll win some points man.

By the way, this is the first time I found this website and my very first post.

Regards.

thepuma
05-12-2009, 06:25 AM
I got to say, there are not too many reports that read as nice as this one. Here I am at 6 in the morning, at work, and barely awake. Thanks for the surprise. Lots of great information packed in with some action photos. Congrats on what looks like a great day for all of you and thanks Ghetto Dad for the good read. I wish more reports were like this.
Scott:Envious:

CASTAWAY
05-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Good report and nice pix GD. Looks like you guys slayed.:Cool:

ghetto dad
05-12-2009, 08:11 AM
someone's eating good in the neighborhood.
nice job guys, glad you got out steve.

Thanks cuz......appreciate that

nicely done guys! good report. :Cool:

johnsfishing

Thanks john!!

You are the master haha.

Im everywhere, even in some peoples nightmares!! :ROFL:By NO means am I the "master"...lmao...but thanks....just trying to fish and make up for lost time!!

congrats GD, great see you fish with seng,seng's borther, dale and phong.
thnx for the report n pics.

it was fun....all great guys...Sengs like a Cambodian Vic101 tho....dont say much...talk crap to the guy and he just smiles, maybe calls me a name or something!!:ROFL:

LMAO
He went from Turd roller guru, to Harbor Master. Now a striper guide.
Whats next?

LOL!!! Hmmmm....i want to fish crappie next cuz.....

Good job guys. Nice stripers and weird looking perch!
Thanks homie....those are bluegill..they look strange cuzz they are so BIG.....

Looks like you all had a great day out there slaying man,great job, next time you guys go out on a Monday give me a shout.

BassinChef

No worries Gambino....thanks homie...we need to make another trip...i didnt get to chill much with you guys last trip....

Hey GD & Seng,

What's the secret? What bait were you using and how were you fishing it? Please enlighten this rookie. I would appreciate that buddy. How are you catching the bluegill? and with what bait? I'd like to try that someday too.

Those were some nice catch. Never been to Skinner. Live too far north but would love to try it someday when I visit friends in San Diego.

Glad to hear you are out with your "spouse". That'll win some points man.

By the way, this is the first time I found this website and my very first post.

Regards.

Welcome to the board! PM me, ill give you some info..not all tho...Cambodian mafia will put a contract out on me if i give away too much!!!

I got to say, there are not too many reports that read as nice as this one. Here I am at 6 in the morning, at work, and barely awake. Thanks for the surprise. Lots of great information packed in with some action photos. Congrats on what looks like a great day for all of you and thanks Ghetto Dad for the good read. I wish more reports were like this.
Scott:Envious:

That made my morning bro..I appreciate that....I usually have more pics, but it was an "off" day and the Striper Gurus didnt seem to want damn papparrazi on the boat..lol

Good report and nice pix GD. Looks like you guys slayed.:Cool:

Thanks homie...one of my 2009 fishing goals is to fish with you at least once....take care

THANK YOU for all the replies people, they are appreciated!! Now.....GO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GD

Troutman65
05-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Nice going out there fellas. I guess I need to give Budman ( Dennis ) a call and get out for a striper session myself. Thanks for the report Steve. Glad you had fun fishing out there.:Envious:

formosa
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
yeap, that the way seng is, he is quiet and smile at you. it is very nice to fish with him.
i am looking forward to fish with him again.

queefinout
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
im jealous! good job!

vagabond
05-12-2009, 02:23 PM
i hope it doesnt take me that long to hook up with some of you fishing fooos,way to go on the linesides..

4g63power
05-12-2009, 03:07 PM
bass guru strikes again...wsb is next?

ghetto dad
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Nice going out there fellas. I guess I need to give Budman ( Dennis ) a call and get out for a striper session myself. Thanks for the report Steve. Glad you had fun fishing out there.:Envious:

Thanks Patrick!!!

yeap, that the way seng is, he is quiet and smile at you. it is very nice to fish with him.
i am looking forward to fish with him again.

Me too brother!!

im jealous! good job!

Dont be, just get out and fish!!

i hope it doesnt take me that long to hook up with some of you fishing fooos,way to go on the linesides..

lol...thanks.....

bass guru strikes again...wsb is next?

Thanks beautiful!!! Who knows, maybe...I doubt it...Im not going to stress about it like I did last year Jimmy, ya kno?? Ill just fish for what I can fish for and be HAPPY that i got to fish!!! :Smile: Nice job on that hali hun, by the way!!! :Smile:

GD