PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go?

bretmoua
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I will be dropping my older brother off at LAX on the 19th of this month and was wondering if anyone have two open seats for striper fishing at castaic or pyramid. I know this is a long shot but trying and knowing is better than not trying at all. I can help out with drinks and sandwiches. By the way, my younger brother will be with me. Hoping to do some striper fishing with you guys soon.

bretmoua
05-12-2009, 07:53 AM
If there are no open seats....can anyone recommend a place that I can go? Anything from the LA area up north will work best for me.

Simplyeman
05-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Whats up man,

Chances are slim to hitch a ride with a boater, walking into a forum and asking just wont do the trick. If you stick around long enough and participate in events and I am sure members wouldn't mind having you on their boat.

In case no one responds....

Try pyramid lake from shore, if you go a little past the swim beach you can get into some trout action. The striper bite from shore is doing pretty well too. Take some power worms for trout and some rattle traps and anchovies for the striper....

Have fun.

CatchthatTrout
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Try pyramid lake from shore, if you go a little past the swim beach you can get into some trout action. The striper bite from shore is doing pretty well too. Take some power worms for trout and some rattle traps and anchovies for the striper....
Have fun.

If I may ask.......
When fishing from shore for stripers, how do we rig?
C-rig?
Size hook?
How much of an anchovie?

I'd like to catch my first striper soon.

Simplyeman
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Yea I used a c rig with about 1/4-1/2 egg sinker (depeding on how far I want to launch) with a red circle hook not sure what size I don't recall. I cut it into pieces of about an inch....or try and get two pieces out of one chovy. Take some chicken liver too if you don't any action with the chovy.

bretmoua
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Whats up man,

Chances are slim to hitch a ride with a boater, walking into a forum and asking just wont do the trick. If you stick around long enough and participate in events and I am sure members wouldn't mind having you on their boat.

In case no one responds....

Have fun.

I know it was a long shot but there is nothing wrong in asking, right? Anyhow, how's castaic for striper fishing from the shore? Any good over there? I usually fish with my bass boat but since I'm just dropping my older brother off at LAX, I don't feel like dragging that thing down.