PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vallarta info

sansou
05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm very seriously considering making a run to Puerto Vallarta tail end of June for a few days of fishing (tow boat down / fly back!). I've never been, so I am curious at to what type of gear I should bring, if any... What's the "go to" average class line I should defiantely bring, etc... Any favorite jigs or lures in particular are definately needed? Etc...

It looks so far like 1 day or panga/super panga (local inshore), and another day or two of private boating (maybe ranging 30 miles no more), and maybe save one day for "Wingnutting" (aka 10 mile strolls along the coastline surfishing!)

If any of you guys have any hints/tips, that would be appreciated. I've never been down there, so it's all a mystery to me!

Thanks!

Nessie Hunter
05-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Rich, PM Ahhvtech (Duc) he was down there late fall, did some diving etc..
Probably has some insight???

Towing a boat down?? Big job, long trip man!!

sansou
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks Nessie and those that PM'd me!

Long haul (1,090 mi.) and wide beam (8.5ft?)...but I'm finding out beginning July is the beginning of big YFT season. Personally, all I want is a roosterfish.

jsl
05-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Sansou,

Go on Bloodydecks and go to the Mainland Mexico board and post this question. I'v been down there once but I'm no expert compared to the many guys that run charters outta there. I'm sure some one will glad to chime in for ya. Have fun and be safe. PV is a very nice place to vacation because it has a lot of attractions outside of just world class fishing. I would recommend you stay in the downtown area. Go to VRBO.com and look up a condo and you will have the best time of your life.

Scott

Fisherman57
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
1000 mile tow?..... Good luck dude!..

Find your camera.... and take lots of pics and write a complete report! I have a feeling this will be an epic adventure!

I smell a "featured article"..... :Wink:

victor101
05-21-2009, 03:52 PM
*inserts Messican whistle Smiley*