PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend at Catilina with the boys

labboss2003
06-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Went out of Newport friday night me my son my nephew and his friend.got on the water about midnight, drifted around caught some nice sandies dropped the hook about 3 am slept till sun up. made the dash to the island ,weather has perfect might as well been on a lake sooo flat .lots of bait around but nothing crashing them ,went in close started catching a little of everything calicos sheephead whitefish and of coarse my sons favorite blue perch (he is the unoffical blue perch king on our boat) give him an ultra light 4lb test some squid and he is in heaven :D .
fished unitill about 6 was goin come on back , but after asking the boys if they wanted to stay in avalon overnight they said yes (it took about 1 sec for them to answer) lots of empty spots i guess everybody was chashing the cudas on the other side of the channel
ended up with a ton of fish 3 happy boys.
and 1 happy papa on fathers day no better way to spend it.......Bob

fishnfool
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Way to go Bob....It sure was nice out there wasn't it......the wife and I were there all weekend too.....

Lots of Happy Campers.....Thats what its all about...... :lol:

one_leg
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Looked like you all had a blast.

Wish it could have been me!

One_Leg

dschmaltz
06-19-2007, 12:27 PM
These boys are the perfect age for this; you are making memories that will last a lifetime. Keep it up!

scubadanster
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
wow!

that there post is my inspiration post....can't wait for my baby boy to be born! =) 8/11/07!!

-dan

thanks for sharing...loved the read.