PDA

View Full Version : lake record bluegill?

pudgeblovat
05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
caught and released 5/04/09. i believe it to be larger than the lake record. if i could have safely wieghed and recorded it at the marina i would have done so. i was more concerned for the fishes well-being than to be recognized. it was pregnant. and wow, what a thrill it was to catch, hold it in my hands and release it back to its home.

SOUTHPAWSTICK
05-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Good job on the catch and Release. More people should release big fish like you.

Mondo21
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Beautiful fish. Thanks for the pic. Cindy:Big Grin:

TShaffer
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Nice catch man! Mad props on the release too. Now that thing will give birth to some more lake records.

Stormcrow
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
caught and released 5/04/09. i believe it to be larger than the lake record. if i could have safely wieghed and recorded it at the marina i would have done so. i was more concerned for the fishes well-being than to be recognized. it was pregnant. and wow, what a thrill it was to catch, hold it in my hands and release it back to its home.

Correct me if Im wrong but you look alot like the guy who caught two DD largemouth in back to back weeks out of Corona lake. Was that you?

Also, was there not another thread for this catch? I seem to remember congratulating you in that thread but my post is not there.

goseango
05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=32994

HuskerRod
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice catch, buddy. Two DD bass in back to back weeks at Corona? You the man!!!!!!

Huskerrod

fishmounter
05-11-2009, 05:55 PM
No...that guy who caught those huge bass was Randy Muirhead fro Glen Ivy. (Very close to Corona Lake) Different guy, different looks.

ONLYTNT
05-17-2009, 01:55 AM
What a beauty, and thanks for the release..:Smile:

Myno.1sport
05-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Not even close to the lake record! Can u hold it any closer to the camera?

ElementX
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Good lookin fish], nice work!

DccFISHerMan
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM

never fails some one always has to talk Smack!!!

Nice catch man!

JediMindTricks
05-18-2009, 08:15 AM

have you seen the record fish? post a pic of it.........
no proof, no talk.

Myno.1sport
05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe if you go to the lake you'll see the pic for yourselves and see it's NOT CLOSE.

FISHINGBEE
05-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe if you go to the lake you'll see the pic for yourselves and see it's NOT CLOSE. Never the less it is still a big gill. Diamond Valley Lake probably not a Record. PB for sure. Now i have some pics of some two lb gills on the 2nd pg freshwater section Webb lake w/pics. When i compare the two . The Diamond Valley Bluegill has bigger fins and length and tail. On the other hand the ones at Webb are fatter in girth real dark colors. Which means they are bedding and prego. I could be mistaken but the Diamond valley bluegill has less girth and probably not prego. Still a beautiful fish never the less.

FISHINGBEE

fishmounter
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Come on you guys! This Bluegill is a giant. Sure he's holding it out, but look at his finger tips. The average sized man has 1/2 to 3/4 inch fingertips. I have seen tons of trophy Bluegills and this fish is a good 12 inches plus. At least 2 lbs., probably more. He said it was thick and fat. Looks like a female Coppernose, probably full of eggs. Here's my 2.4 lb., 12 inch 'Gill. to compare... Mine was huge, his looks larger...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/My2lbGill-2.jpg

FISHINGBEE
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=fishmounter;346412]Come on you guys! This Bluegill is a giant. Sure he's holding it out, but look at his finger tips. The average sized man has 1/2 to 3/4 inch fingertips. I have seen tons of trophy Bluegills and this fish is a good 12 inches plus. At least 2 lbs., probably more. He said it was thick and fat. Looks like a female Coppernose, probably full of eggs. Here's my 2.4 lb., 12 inch 'Gill. to compare... Mine was huge, his looks larger...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/My2lbGill-2.jpg[/QUOTENo one said it was not huge just said it is not a lake record. The ones i get at the webb looks bigger than the one your showing. I have caught bluegills even bigger than the one he caught at DVL. I gave him props for such a sweet looking incredibly over sized bluegill. I caught 2 3/4 gill at Sutherland on opening day in 1996 i can show you the pic. I have heard of bluegills in the avg of 2 lbs at DVL. Yes he looks larger but i still say his is not prego or it would way much more. If you want a lake record you gotta weight him take some mesurments etc.

FISHINGBEE

JediMindTricks
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
cool man, but if you want to talk, post the pic.
im not a hater, i want to believe you. i would love to see a bigger gill from DVL.

FISHINGBEE
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
cool man, but if you want to talk, post the pic.
im not a hater, i want to believe you. i would love to see a bigger gill from DVL. I never said i have caught a big bluegill at diamond valley lake. I did say i caught a 2 3/4 lb bluegill at Sutherland. It looks big to me too. I just do not think it is a record. How about someone look up the DVL lake record for bluegill.

FISHINGBEE

JediMindTricks
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
this is the biggest bluegill picture i can find from DVL.

http://forums.dvmarina.com/albums/album01/Diamond_Valley_1_24_05_RS.jpg
Name: Fergie Ferguson
Hometown: Brea
Type: Bluegill - 2 1/4lbs.
Date: 1/22/05
Bait: Dropshotting - Megabait 4" Split Tail Green Luce worm.
At: Tank Saddle Cove

Catrack77
05-21-2009, 06:30 AM
The Diamond Valley lak

crappie stalker
05-21-2009, 07:49 AM
[quote=fishmounter;346412]Come on you guys! This Bluegill is a giant. Sure he's holding it out, but look at his finger tips. The average sized man has 1/2 to 3/4 inch fingertips. I have seen tons of trophy Bluegills and this fish is a good 12 inches plus. At least 2 lbs., probably more. He said it was thick and fat. Looks like a female Coppernose, probably full of eggs. Here's my 2.4 lb., 12 inch 'Gill. to compare... Mine was huge, his looks larger...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/My2lbGill-2.jpg[/QUOTENo one said it was not huge just said it is not a lake record. The ones i get at the webb looks bigger than the one your showing. I have caught bluegills even bigger than the one he caught at DVL. I gave him props for such a sweet looking incredibly over sized bluegill. I caught 2 3/4 gill at Sutherland on opening day in 1996 i can show you the pic. I have heard of bluegills in the avg of 2 lbs at DVL. Yes he looks larger but i still say his is not prego or it would way much more. If you want a lake record you gotta weight him take some mesurments etc.

FISHINGBEE
Excellant point but what you missed is that he didnt want a record.. He wanted the fish to live and why is it such a big deal for you to discredit his catch.. Great fish by any standard and excellant decision to release those genetics back into the water to produce more big ones.. Kudos.. FB stop the HATING!! You r talkin bout what you caught but I didnt see any post on them, so you missed your chance to shine.. move on and let him have his moment..

Crappie Stalker

crappie stalker
05-21-2009, 07:52 AM
this is the biggest bluegill picture i can find from DVL.

http://forums.dvmarina.com/albums/album01/Diamond_Valley_1_24_05_RS.jpg
Name: Fergie Ferguson
Hometown: Brea
Type: Bluegill - 2 1/4lbs.
Date: 1/22/05
Bait: Dropshotting - Megabait 4" Split Tail Green Luce worm.
At: Tank Saddle Cove

Nice pic but not sure that one is not a Red Ear.. Fish mounter comment on this one..

Crappie Stalker

JediMindTricks
05-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Lake Record Blue Gill: John Arganda, of Menifee, holds the lake pan fish record by bringing in a 3.06 pound blue gill. He got it on a nightcrawler fishing near the saddle dam

you right. i cant find a picture though.

FISHINGBEE
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
The Diamond Valley lake Records is 3.06 lbs, caught in 2007. You can Google it.

Hope this helps

Desert cat Then if thats the case looks like maybe a new lake record might have been returned to the lake she will still be lurking. I would say pudgeblovats bluegill could easily be bigger than 3.06 lbs. No one for sure will never know.

FISHINGBEE

fishmounter
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Crappie Stalker.. That Redear Sunfish that the guy is holding in the pic looks to be a good 2 pounder. Probably a foot long. Beautiful fish! I wish I could see that scale better. And FISHINGBEE..Please show us some photos of these huge Bluegills from "the webb". You gotta show us if you want us to believe. What and where exactly is that place? What's the real name? Webb Lake?

FISHINGBEE
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Crappie Stalker.. That Redear Sunfish that the guy is holding in the pic looks to be a good 2 pounder. Probably a foot long. Beautiful fish! I wish I could see that scale better. And FISHINGBEE..Please show us some photos of these huge Bluegills from "the webb". You gotta show us if you want us to believe. What and where exactly is that place? What's the real name? Webb Lake? There on the So cal freshwater report 5/16 w/pics. The pictures have been there for 6 0r 7 days now. No one said they were bigger than the gill caught at DVL. I have read many of reports were 2 lb plus bluegills were being taken from diamond valley. I mentioned i caught a 2 3/4 lb bluegill my PB opening day at Sutherland Lake. The lake is not primarily a big bluegill producer but one year they showed and i fished them all season because it was a lot of fun. Crickets were the number one bait that year but i caught the 2 3/4 while bass fishing. I have been fishing since 1971 and can name a few lakes that produced some rather large gills. I lived in San Jose most my child and teenage years. Guadelupe res comes to mind and the reason the gills got so big there is because there was a high amount of mercury in the water. Signs posted and almost all fish were released unless you did not care about getting very sick. When i moved to Ramona there was a private pond owned by the Tobiasons and it was stocked with trophy Bass, Gills,Cats,Crappie. Although i never weighed the fish i can remember catching many huge gills. If the bluegill at DVL is the biggest bluegill you have ever seen anywhere than i am truly sorry and you definatley have not been around. Yes the photo of the so called record bluegill is a very nice and rather large bluegill but it is not the biggest i have ever seen. I fished some private ponds in Illinois on vacation in the 90s and they call them brim and these fish were so big you would not believe your eyes. Back then we actually had cameras with film no such thing as digital cameras. I can try and dig out some old photos maybe i can take a picture of the pics and maybe it will be clear enough for you to see. To tell you the truth i have nothing to prove to you. Rather you believe me or not that is up to you. I have also caught many Red Ear especially at Cachuma lake over 2 lbs. Thats the truth no matter if you believe me or not.

FISHINGBEE

FISHINGBEE
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Crappie Stalker.. That Redear Sunfish that the guy is holding in the pic looks to be a good 2 pounder. Probably a foot long. Beautiful fish! I wish I could see that scale better. And FISHINGBEE..Please show us some photos of these huge Bluegills from "the webb". You gotta show us if you want us to believe. What and where exactly is that place? What's the real name? Webb Lake? This pond has no real name i named it Webb Lake. I had a buddy who loved to joke around when fishing. All day long we would talk about how great Webb Lake was. At this current time there was no such lake as Webb Lake. The idea was to get the dude fishing with my buddy and i to ask the ? Where is Webb Lake then we would laugh and then say, Its up a spiders a**. Then the joke was on the guy that asked where it was. My Mom has a pond there was no name at all for it except private pond. I would post pics of some fish then i had people ask me where Webb Lake was. Then i would Pm them with the answer its up a spiders A**. It might not be funny to everyone some people laugh some people do not get it. It is fun to me and i have been using this joke for 20 or so years now. Other words for A** could be butt or behind rear etc.

FISHINGBEE

JKitz
05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Come on you guys! This Bluegill is a giant. Sure he's holding it out, but look at his finger tips. The average sized man has 1/2 to 3/4 inch fingertips.

In that case if would not be 10". Still a big gill for sure. Bigger than I have ever caught

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg233/BassmanKitz/BluegillSize.jpg

fishmounter
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
NO! I said fingerTIPS. Not the first joint of the finger. Now redo your computer creativity and see how it comes out. FISHINGBEE... I never said that's the largest BG I ever saw. (WTF?) I have seen several over 3 pound fish. Here's another one that was never weighed or measured:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BarrettGiantBG.jpg

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 09:44 AM
NO! I said fingerTIPS. Not the first joint of the finger. Now redo your computer creativity and see how it comes out. FISHINGBEE... I never said that's the largest BG I ever saw. (WTF?) I have seen several over 3 pound fish. Here's another one that was never weighed or measured:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/BarrettGiantBG.jpgI know you did not say it was the biggest bluegill you ever saw WTF. I assumed it by your reaction. Now that someone made the pic bigger of the bluegill caught at DVL and i got a better look to tell you the truth i have seen bluegills at Jess Ranch that would dwarf that fish. Again its a really nice bluegill and a trophy at that. I have the pics you wanted so you would believe. To tell you the truth i am done with this subject it is starting to drag on and get rather boring. I would have posted the subject as monster gill not record gill . If you want a record it needs to be verified period. All we have is a pic thats it. Again very nice fish i would be proud of my self for such a beautiful fish. I do not post pics of my fish on someone elses post. You know where the pic is if you look at it or not it is your business.

FISHINGBEE

PHISHnutS
05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Are you guys really arguing over bluegills?? Now that's funny :ROFL:

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you guys really arguing over bluegills?? Now that's funny :ROFL: Dont you think its fun to argue. I sure do could be over crawdads or carp no matter it is something to do. It is rather funny. Better than arguing with your wife.

FISHINGBEE

PHISHnutS
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I enjoy a good argument myself, carry on.

Dont you think its fun to argue. I sure do could be over crawdads or carp no matter it is something to do. It is rather funny. Better than arguing with your wife.

FISHINGBEE

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 01:46 PM
I enjoy a good argument myself, carry on. Now that we let the cat out of the bag suppose it will al stop now.

FISHINGBEE
05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I know you did not say it was the biggest bluegill you ever saw WTF. I assumed it by your reaction. Now that someone made the pic bigger of the bluegill caught at DVL and i got a better look to tell you the truth i have seen bluegills at Jess Ranch that would dwarf that fish. Again its a really nice bluegill and a trophy at that. I have the pics you wanted so you would believe. To tell you the truth i am done with this subject it is starting to drag on and get rather boring. I would have posted the subject as monster gill not record gill . If you want a record it needs to be verified period. All we have is a pic thats it. Again very nice fish i would be proud of my self for such a beautiful fish. I do not post pics of my fish on someone elses post. You know where the pic is if you look at it or not it is your business.

FISHINGBEE Nice shirt aand tie

fishmounter
05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Blah blah blah Whatever bro. Good fishing, Hasta