PDA

View Full Version : Striper Slayah At Skinner Lake 5/9/08

RamboBoy
05-10-2009, 02:56 AM
What's up, Team 57?

I was going out to Skinner Lake by myself, but I called Taco to come and fishing. He meets me there and we were trolling and casting the lures where there was boiling. Guess what? It was not that striper, and we found out that is Carp. Then we got into the inlet area and we were casting the lures at the same time we did bait-n-wait on our poles.

Taco kept casting his secret fish taco lure to the flowing water area and caught one striper. I caught two stripers on bait-n-wait, while I was casting my KPN lure. Taco called a day at 11:30 a.m. I dropped him off at the marina, ciao to him, and then I go back to the Inlet and fished all day.

I use one pole for the bait-n-wait and I use the other pole for casting the KPN lure and the D.V.L. SwimBait lure. Both lures are caught stripers. The lures work well, and you have to let it sink all the way down when the water flows, bam bam. FISH ON! Also, I caught some stripers on bait-n-wait with anchovy. I caught total nine stripers. I keep five stripers and four released small stripers.

I took a picture of a snake comes up to me and I said WTF it comes to me, man. LOL I scared off it and moved the boat to another spot area of the lake.

So I called a day at 4:30 p.m. I bring them home for the dinner today Mother's Day.

Panfish Junior
05-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Good job RamboBoy! I gotta go get me one of those snake lure. It might be good for striper too. :Big Grin: Thanks for the report!

RRTGuy
05-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Should have let him get a little closer to that motor and then let him have it!! LOL

GJ on the linesides!!

RamboBoy
05-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Good job RamboBoy! I gotta go get me one of those snake lure. It might be good for striper too. :Big Grin: Thanks for the report!

Oh yeah I have heard the people say the snake is good bait for striper. Yolo told me that he saw a snake at the Duct, it might be good for striper, too. I should grab it and bait it to the deep water, but I am scare off from it. I know it is illegaly to do that. :Big Grin:

Maybe I can find a snake lure from the tackle store to match the color that I took picture of a snake.

RamboBoy
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Should have let him get a little closer to that motor and then let him have it!! LOL

GJ on the linesides!!

LOL! Yeah the snake was trying to climb on a aboard boat, I was freaky and took off my boat to another spot area of the lake, man. LOL :Big Grin:

Thanks for comment.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Ahhh yes ! saweet…..congrats on all the catches.

Good to see your lure choice, “you have chosen wisely” (spoken in the tone from Raiders of the lost ark)

I see at least one of the stripers hitting the KPN were a short striker, you’ll see that 90% of your fish will be hooked on the belly hook and the tail hook sticks ‘em in the gill slat areas, it’s the same on the top-water lures.

That one on the tail hook was most likely a short striker.

Nice days bounty, congrats on a job well done !

Gary

kpn
05-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Nice job out there Rambo! It's nice to hear the stripers still biting.......
I told you they both (shad or white color lures) work great for the striper:ROFL: .

KPN.

Bird dog
05-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Solid fish Rambo! Thanks for sharing.

RamboBoy
05-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Ahhh yes ! saweet…..congrats on all the catches.

Good to see your lure choice, “you have chosen wisely” (spoken in the tone from Raiders of the lost ark)

I see at least one of the stripers hitting the KPN were a short striker, you’ll see that 90% of your fish will be hooked on the belly hook and the tail hook sticks ‘em in the gill slat areas, it’s the same on the top-water lures.

That one on the tail hook was most likely a short striker.

Nice days bounty, congrats on a job well done !

Gary

Right on! Exactly what you said I do familiar that. The D.V.L. lure works great, too! I bought a swimbait from the DVL store. :Big Grin:

Nice job out there Rambo! It's nice to hear the stripers still biting.......
I told you they both (shad or white color lures) work great for the striper:ROFL: .

KPN.

Yeah! It works great at Skinner Lake. I have try it (white one) at the Duct, nada biting. I mostly used the chrome Ltrap 3/4 oz. Thanks for the KPN that I bought 4 of them from you. :Big Grin: You should go out fishing at Skinner Lake. Stripers are still biting.

Solid fish Rambo! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comment, Bird Dog! :Big Grin:

RamboBoy
05-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey Dogg, where are ya? I called you at your house. LOL

Skinner Stripers are waiting for you to come fishing and catching them. :Big Grin:

CatchthatTrout
05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Good report Rambo.

Snake?

RamboBoy
05-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Good report Rambo.

Snake?

Thanks Catchthattrout!

Yep! I think it is called a "water snake". I guess.

Anyone know what kind of snake is that?

dogg
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Rambo Striper Boy. Nice job....Ya I'm itching to go fishing with u again.
Maybe will make a trip real soon. Looks like u did a good job out there.
Your snake Friend looks like he wanted to know what lure u were using.
Let me know if u don't have plans this week end. I've been throwing around doing something this week end, maybeeee goooo fishing?
Did u catch all fish on lures?

Let me know. DOGG

RamboBoy
05-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Rambo Striper Boy. Nice job....Ya I'm itching to go fishing with u again.
Maybe will make a trip real soon. Looks like u did a good job out there.
Your snake Friend looks like he wanted to know what lure u were using.
Let me know if u don't have plans this week end. I've been throwing around doing something this week end, maybeeee goooo fishing?
Did u catch all fish on lures?

Let me know. DOGG

Yeah I catch some fish on lures and also anchovy bait-n-wait. Let me know what is your planning this weekend. I talked to Skinner Lake, they mentioned when the sunset down, must off fishing, not fishing until 10 pm. They changed it.