PDA

View Full Version : Attacked by Pit Bulls at the Lagoon

Captain Castaic
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I just wanted to share a horrific story of what happend to me at the goon yesterday on Friday. I was there with my yellow lab and my 10 year old daughter to check on my fellow tubers and get dsome fresh air. We were sitting on the shore near Paradise Cove when I hear a lady screaming.."Pick up your dog!!!" I'm like what?!?! I look over and her 2 pit bulls are making a b-line towards me and my daughter and dog. By the grace of god my daughter escaped injury and ran up the hill behind tree point. One pit grabbed my dog (yellow lab) by the neck and drove him into the water and was basically snuffing him out. I HAD MY DOG ON A LEASH....and was trying to pull my dog up from under the water and it came off. The f 'ing pit wouldnt let go. I began to whip and kick this beast in the face and groin to no avail...I thought my dog was gonna die man. I exhausted myself kicking this piece of crap. The owner..a woman..was just crying and yelling. NO HELP AT ALL. Then as if sent from heaven the lifeguard pulls up in a hurry and hops out with his oar..I said "Hit it hit it" He began to crack this pit on the head over and over. No effect. At this point my dog is getting exhausted and losing his strength....his yelping was less as if he was almost done in...getting choked out. On the next crack to the skull the oar split in like 5 pieces. The lifeguard then grabs a 3 foot shard and begin to stab the pit in the belly and ribs..FINALLY he lets my dog go! But it wasnt over. My dog scampers away and the pit turns on me...I grabbed a shank of the oar and began to pummel this beast in the face. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Each hit he was grabbing at the stick and stepping closer. The ***** owner then yells for me to stop hitting her dog?!?!? I said in the heat of battle" F YOU! i'm gonna kill your dog and landed one last shot to its eyes. Bleeding and now finally hurting he scampered away. Now my daughter at this point is totally tramatized and screaming for me to save our dog....man I had tears of rage in my eyes. Still not over tho..I look to see where my dog is and the other pit was chasing him acroos Paradise cove towards the lot. The lifeguard and I take off after them and luckily the 2nd pit pulled off and ran back to the lady who finally had control of the first one. I picked up my dog and put him in my truck. He was soaking wet from the lake now and bleeding from the neck. My daughter who witnessed this horrific scene was so histerical I had to calm her down before I could deal with the owner. My daughter was afraid of our dog now , afraid to get in the truck and see what happened. I dont blame her. So the life guard then calls the police and animal control. They told me they cant take her dogs as they didnt bite a human..I was like well they could of dismembered my daughter for gods sake...would you take them then?!?! He understood my rage and ticketed her 4 times for 90 dollars each. Dogs off leash and vicious dogs in public place of something. So that cost her 360.00 dollars. At that point she changed her tune and became apologetic. The lifeguard saw the whole thing...how she let go of one dogs leash to take a pic of the other. It was then the bigger pit took off for us on the point. This was the most terrifying experience for me , my daughter, and of course my dog. The owner agreed to pay for his vet bill and I rushed him to Saugus energency room. He has multiple punture wounds on his neck and a host of meds to take but should be ok... HIS VET BILL WAS 255.00.We all all very lucky it turned out this way. Could of been alot worse.
I will commend the Lifeguard John Velasquez at our next Friends of Castaic Lake meeting. He saved at least my dogs life. A tuber..John was there and came forward as a witness if needed.
This lady had no business being in the park with vicious pit bulls. It could have killed anyone of our pets or worse yet...children.
I will hope to change the laws at the lake concernig vicious breeds, If I get it my way they will be forbidden on the property but we all know there will be some group saying this was an isolated incident..I say to you...bring your little girl down to the lake and see what " might" happen if these monsters are walking the same shoreline.

We are all safe and my dog will survive. Keep your eyes out when you can...

Captain Castaic

92yj
05-09-2009, 08:04 PM
i would sue that bi#** if i was you. i am happy to hear that everyone is ok. i will have my bait knife with me for sure.

THROWBACK RANGER
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
wow thats phuckin crazy!!! sorry you and your daughter and your dog had to experience that...

vagabond
05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
dam,i got goose bumps after reading your report,specially when kids are involved.I would of thought that mountain lions,bears,or even snakes,would be something to worry about when one goes fishing but not someone pets..
Glad everyone will be ok..

go fish
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
She should be locked up and the dogs taken from her! If you have no control over your animals they should not be there! What happens next time If they attack someone and KILL them. Makes me sad that anyone should have to go through that,especially a young child.

fishingboysdad
05-09-2009, 08:41 PM
yeah. thank god your daughter was not involved in the attack. although im sure she was traumatized by what she saw..if you cant control your dogs, then you shouldn't take them out with the public.

DccFISHerMan
05-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I woulda used the oar on the Bitttch *** owner

RRTGuy
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't blame the breed!!! Blame that **** of an owner they had!!!!!! I'm terribly sorry for what has happened to you. Having young children myself I totally understand. I'm just very defensive of my dog's breed when IGNORANT PEOPLE are allowed to own these dogs without understanding and being able to control them. F***ING idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope your daughter and you get through this without any more problems. I still can't believe they didn't take those dogs!!! THATS BS!!

calico killer kevin
05-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Sue her, get her dogs taken away, and make her life a living hell. Dumbasses like that have no business with vicious dogs. I agree that the breed cannot be to blame, even though they do cause the majority of vicious dog attacks. Theres no reason to walk your ******* dogs if you can't even control them. I would've ******* killed her dogs and say I was defending what's precious to me. Seems like you handled the situation pretty well.

RobMoney
05-09-2009, 10:45 PM
If you DO plan on taking legal action against her....don't divulge too much info on the internet, at least until after your day (days) in court...just some friendly advice...

Horrible story to read, Im sorry you and your daughter had to go through such a horrific experience doing something so fun...

fishindude
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm glad to hear that you, your dog, and daughter escaped harm and lived. Shame on the lady for improperly keeping her dogs in control. God bless you and that your dog get well soon.

mickeysindahouse
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
A-ph@cking-mazing!! I'm really sorry to hear this tragic story. There are certain things I cherish in life and that's my wife, 2 boys and my faithful dog who's stuck by me for 12 long years. If anything were to happen to any of them it would be tragically disastrous.

I'm super amazed that they did not remove her dogs on the spot. Idiots like her should not keep dogs who are known to be vicious. The breed is somewhat to blame, mainly they're equipped to be killing machines...but with proper training they can be docile dogs and make great pets.

Personally, I'd take action to furthest extent of the law. I'd do everything in my power to have them removed and re-located (not killed) to a home that can properly care for them. On top of that I'd take my child (your daughter) to see a counselor and have her this crap out of her system. However many sessions it takes, she needs to let it out and understand that these things happen and that she's not to blame herself or anyone else for the events. Crap like this sticks to kids and we don't even realize it. Sure, counseling can be expensive, but hell the idiot owner should be liable for funding these costs as well.

I commend you for your actions, and for keeping your composure. Being stuck between the safety of your dog and your child is a tough position to be in. Thank God for the lifeguard who came to help!

Sorry to hear your tragic story. Good luck!

screaming_spool
05-09-2009, 11:54 PM
wow... i cant believe they didn't take the dogs. They attacked YOU.

glad that nothing happened to you or your kid. Cant really blame it on the breed. it comes down to the owner not having control of her dogs.

Did her dog get sent to the vet???

trashetanush
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Ya, Pitbuls have attacked my dogs also. Its a scary moment, and you fear for your dogs live. But My dogs aren't small and fight back when there in harm. My dogs are very behaved and always will run along any other dog to play. One of my dogs is a Caucasian Ovcharka and the other a red nose pitbul. I never get involved when my dogs are attacked because i know they can handle them selves. When im alone with my pitbul, I'm a little scared because it sometimes cant fight back cuz its small compared to my other dog and is A lot weaker but is very behaved.
I hope your dog recovers and your daughter forgets any of that ever happend. I cant even imagine how terrified a child will be. Get a Caucasian Ovcharka, Perfect guard dog and very sweet around the family but also Very aggressive when in harm.

Ifishtoolittle
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Dude after reading that I'm glad your lab is ok I don't know what I would do if the same thing happened to my Golden. Best wishes for both your dog and daughter.

fishmounter
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow! You know I try to say over and over in my mind that it is not the dog breed, but the owner's fault when there is a dog attack and a person or another dog is injured, but please tell me why these attacks almost always involve Pitt Bulls? "He's friendly."... "She wouldn't hurt a flea" "He just loves kids"....Bull sh*t! Do you hear of almost weekly attacks by Labs? No. Shepards? No. Golden Retrievers? No. Rottweilers? No. Not even Dobies. 9 times out of 10 it involves Pitt Bulls! WTF? There are so many people, especially young macho guys that get a PB puppy because they are a bad *** breed and think they will look cool walking that killing machine. DSAP!

a biley
05-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Make sure you have her pay your vet bills, my Chihuahua was attacked by a large pit last year while my mom was walking him, I get a phone call saying he's been attacked. Grab a stick and make a dash towards the area. My dog had a crushed pancreas, had to trim his intestine, internal bleeding, $3000 for the owner of that dog. He had a 40% chance of living, but he made it.

a biley
05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow! You know I try to say over and over in my mind that it is not the dog breed, but the owner's fault when there is a dog attack and a person or another dog is injured, but please tell me why these attacks almost always involve Pitt Bulls? "He's friendly."... "She wouldn't hurt a flea" "He just loves kids"....Bull sh*t! Do you hear of almost weekly attacks by Labs? No. Shepards? No. Golden Retrievers? No. Rottweilers? No. Not even Dobies. 9 times out of 10 it involves Pitt Bulls! WTF? There are so many people, especially young macho guys that get a PB puppy because they are a bad *** breed and think they will look cool walking that killing machine. DSAP!

you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.

trashetanush
05-10-2009, 12:43 AM
you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.

ya, that is very true. Its almost always the owners fault. They raise the dogs thinking they know what there doing and all of a sudden, There dog ends up killing another dog or something. My Cousins German Shepard has killed 3 small dogs in the past 4 years.

Ifishtoolittle
05-10-2009, 01:02 AM
ya, that is very true. Its almost always the owners fault. They raise the dogs thinking they know what there doing and all of a sudden, There dog ends up killing another dog or something. My Cousins German Shepard has killed 3 small dogs in the past 4 years.

I think he meant golden retrievers.

trashetanush
05-10-2009, 02:39 AM
I think he meant golden retrievers.

I know what he meant, Just trying to say, that its not just Pitbuls that attack. I dont think you know what i meant.

Flying
05-10-2009, 03:37 AM

Well the Labrador Retriever is the #1 breed follow by the Golden Retriever so I'm sure they will list high on confrontations.

Do you have those stats. I can't find any showing the Retriever that high.

When it come to attacks involving injury,maiming, or death the Pit far out numbers the #2 Rot

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf

ghetto dad
05-10-2009, 07:05 AM
omg brother....wow...i dont know what to say man....

IMO (and i dont CARE who gets p**ed at me for saying this), they should make owning pit bulls in CA, or anywhere, ILLEGAL!!! Those dogs scare the HELL out of me, especially for this reason.....my kids....I dont wanna hear "Oh, its the owners fault for raising them mean"....etc....WAY too many of these pos dogs hurting/killing people and other things....thats an absolute nightmare what capt just went thru....BAN THOSE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GD

ghetto dad
05-10-2009, 07:19 AM

that might be true man...but I highly doubt that if a retriver got ahold of someone/something, that it wouldnt let go if you hit it once or twice...look at EVERYTHING capt did, and the dog STILL wouldnt let go.....

When we lived in Fountain Valley, we lived next door to a girl who had a pit...it was the SWEETEST dog, believe me....but with that BREED, if it decided to attack....dont even want to think about it.....

GD

Nessie Hunter
05-10-2009, 07:34 AM
My opinion on that breed is extreeeeemly negative.
I think they should be eradicated and outlawed. Period!!!!
I will not get into a pissing match about it either...

Im sorry for your encounter.
I feel bad about your daughters trauma. It should have never happened.
You are very lucky it turned out as good as it did.

HuskerRod
05-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Wow, Captain!!! That was terrible. I thought that was just some made up story with a "late April fools" at the end of it. I need to be more prepared when walking my dogs from here on out.

huskerrod

RRTGuy
05-10-2009, 08:14 AM
A lot of ignorance and hatred in this thread....to bad!

Captain Castaic
05-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I appreciate all the well wishes. I have been keeping her busy this weekend with other things. Suck thing is I just bought her her first tube and we planned on going today....shes not real interested right now..in time. Like Nessie said this isnt a pissing match about "blaming the owner" or "blaming the breed" .Its easy to say "dont blame the breed" when it wasnt YOUR 10 year old who was trampeld by the dogs on their way to my dog. Its easy to say "just one of those things" when it wasnt you who was fighting this machine trying to save your dog and risking your own life. At anytime this beast could of turned on me , the guard, or any of the many people who witnessed it. It IS shame it happened. If I had a gun...or a knife...that dog surly wouldnt be alive today to harm anything else. As far as sueing her...really out of the question..she has nothing. Lives in a trailer near the lake. I would be just chasing a rainbow for any financial damages. It is interesting tho to see people come to bat for these monsters...sorta amazing. I mean its your life ...if you want to have a pet Gorilla and take it for walks in public places where children frolic...you will have to answer to the majority of the people if your Gorilla acts up. Sorta a strange analogy but after what we went thru...I will definately have some beter protection at all times. The lake wont ban certain breeds...they will just try to enforce the leash laws a bit better...That not too comforting to my dog thats laid out in the back with open wounds on his neck. YES...I am angry...at the owner, the dogs and the breed. She was in no position to restrain 2 pits if the need arose...It arose and now I have to deal with my daughters nightmares and nurse my best friend back to health.

C.C.

tpfishnfool
05-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Well said ! My thoughts exactly. KILL ALL F#%KING PIT BULLS !!

RRTGuy
05-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I appreciate all the well wishes. I have been keeping her busy this weekend with other things. Suck thing is I just bought her her first tube and we planned on going today....shes not real interested right now..in time. Like Nessie said this isnt a pissing match about "blaming the owner" or "blaming the breed" .Its easy to say "dont blame the breed" when it wasnt YOUR 10 year old who was trampeld by the dogs on their way to my dog. Its easy to say "just one of those things" when it wasnt you who was fighting this machine trying to save your dog and risking your own life. At anytime this beast could of turned on me , the guard, or any of the many people who witnessed it. It IS shame it happened. If I had a gun...or a knife...that dog surly wouldnt be alive today to harm anything else. As far as sueing her...really out of the question..she has nothing. Lives in a trailer near the lake. I would be just chasing a rainbow for any financial damages. It is interesting tho to see people come to bat for these monsters...sorta amazing. I mean its your life ...if you want to have a pet Gorilla and take it for walks in public places where children frolic...you will have to answer to the majority of the people if your Gorilla acts up. Sorta a strange analogy but after what we went thru...I will definately have some beter protection at all times. The lake wont ban certain breeds...they will just try to enforce the leash laws a bit better...That not too comforting to my dog thats laid out in the back with open wounds on his neck. YES...I am angry...at the owner, the dogs and the breed. She was in no position to restrain 2 pits if the need arose...It arose and now I have to deal with my daughters nightmares and nurse my best friend back to health.

C.C.

Very well said! Glad to hear she's keeping busy and I'm sure with you at her side she will get through it. I totally understand your anger and the lady ABSOLUTELY should not have been out with those dogs. I can't say what I would have done in your position but I would have been hell bent to kill those damn dogs. I wasn't attempting to make things a "pissing contest". I'm just one of those owners that understand my dog and although I say my dog wouldn't hurt a soul I also wouldn't put him in a situation like that where there is a potential for confrontation. It's just not a good situation for anyone at that point.

I hope your daughter gets through this and is able to get back to fishing at her fathers side. I wish your best friend a speedy recovery and I hope he is able to get back to where he was as well.

Tight Lines and god bless

RRTGuy

Astrolux
05-10-2009, 09:57 AM
My wife and I were in absolute horror while reading this. Our hearts go out to your family and your dog. We take our dogs and 18 month old daughter to play in the water all the time. And I have NEVER thought I would have to worry about something like this. This has def. been a wake up call for me. It just shows that you cant go anywhere anymore without having to worry about crap like this. Some of these animals may be "sweet" but the fact is these dogs were bred to fight and kill. Plain and simple.

a biley
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I swear, if any dog attacked my dog WHILE I AM THERE, there will be hell to pay... When my chihuahua was attacked, i ran to the scene only to see a scared pit since I was yelling, I walked right up to it and it crapped all over the floor. I knew then I wouldn't beat the hell out of it, especially when it went to the door of a house. Apparently, the freakin guy ignored my moms yelling for help till i was there demanding to know whos dog it was. I am so glad my dad was there with my mom otherwise my dog would have been a goner, he beat it with his belt buckle.

My GFs dog, which I paid nearly $2k for, I will do anything for. This dog loves me sooo much. No dog will ever hurt it in my presence.

I hope all is well with your dog and family. My mom still has nightmares of the attack. and she now carries pepper spray during her walks.

a biley
05-10-2009, 11:25 AM
For those of you whose never seen what a pit can do to your dog, here is the damage done by a pit to my chihuahua, Like mentioned, he had his pancreas crushed and is very hard for him to poop solid. His intestine had to be trimmed. My dog is 13 lbs, and the bite marks were from his spine to the middle of his belly, basically half of his body was in the jaw of the damn dog

I would like to say it's not the breed blah blah, but like what others mentioned, the most VICIOUS attacks are from pits period.

Here is him before the attack... and after. GRAPHIC! so don't enlarge it if you're squeamish.

fishfinder
05-10-2009, 01:05 PM
This is a terrible shame. Sorry to hear about this, one to many times. Pitbulls attacking cats, dogs, and people.
I will happily sign any petition you get going to ban these breeds from public areas of all sorts. No offense to the people that own them, but these dogs are not safe enough to be around other animals and sometimes people.
It seams to be like some of the wild animals people try to maintain as pets. Sometimes they behave, but too many times they don't.
Just to many times for me to agree that these dogs should be aloud to be out in public places. Personally for me I would like to See a ban on them all together.
praise to all pitbull owners who do take care of the pitbulls in a responsible manner.

Socal Bassman
05-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Dude, sorry to hear you, your daughter, and dog had to experience that. That's some crazy **** right there. I had chills running up and down my spine as I read your report.

I'm with the other's who say the breed isn't to blame, though. I've known people with pits which were completely harmless. Yet, I also know those with golden retrievers which were as aggressive as a dog can get. I say beat the owner.

aoessand
05-10-2009, 05:04 PM
that **** really sucks hope your daughter gets over it ok, but im with the rest of the dont blame the dog pack... personally i don't think any dog should be allowed in public places unless it is leashed at all times. bailey im sorry but any bigger dog could do that to the lil taco bell dog and those damn things just bark all day im not really a fan of them at all. ive been around pits all my life and never ever EVER had one attack anything around here that didnt have it coming. its just not fair to blame the dog when a woman has 2 dogs and cant control them, living in a tailor maybe she should rethink her spending habits and not buy dogs... the real problem is that young stupid F'n idiots tend to buy pits cause they are cheap and then they treat them like **** and they snap, any dog is gonna snap if it gets beat 24/7 and abused... ive had more trouble with those little dogs getting out of their yard and tryn to bite my ankles. i personally own a pit-sharpe mix atm and i can 100% say it will not hurt a human, ok you might get hurt when he jumps up on you and trys to lick you but otherwise your 100% safe, as for dogs i cant say one way or the other because i dont take my dog out in public other than for a walk which is on a leash and i tell people to keep their damn dogs away from mine.

sansou
05-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the trauma your daughter went through.

Personally, I wouldn't be upset if the state made it mandatory for Pit Bull and other "attack dog" owners to post a bond if they wish to own those breeds. That would theoretically take care of the "judgement proof" idiots who own those breeds.

Troutman65
05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
WOW. What a read. I am sorry that happened to You and your little girl & dog. Thanks for sharing on FNN

a biley
05-10-2009, 06:16 PM
bailey im sorry but any bigger dog could do that to the lil taco bell dog and those damn things just bark all day im not really a fan of them at all. ive been around pits all my life and never ever EVER had one attack anything around here that didnt have it coming.

if your assumption was that my dog was barking at it, you're definitely wrong. My mom was walking the dog, and that idiot who owns the dog didn't shut the gate, my mom heard a bark behind her, and by then my dog was in that pits mouth.

my mom walks the same route everyday with that dog. My dog was leashed, his wasn't.

BTW I never ever EVER heard of a dog that deserved to be mauled to death by an angry pitbull. Pits attacked Captain Castaic's dog, and a pit attacked my dog. I have also seen two pits chase an older lady's dog (she had it on a leash), and then proceed to rip it apart while she screamed and cried. I doubt that dog "had it coming".

swimbait101
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
What the f*ck!!!!!!!Thats the worst story ive ever heard
Im glad you, your daughter, and your dog are ok. they should have euthanized that dog.
If that happened to me, i would have tried to snap its neck

FINSMACKDOWN
05-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Truly a HORROR story! were the dogs grey in color? I had 2 grey pits started to charge me on weds by the campsites. I just froze as their owners were yelling at them and they turned back. What is the deal with theese NAIVE owners letting theese dogs off lead?

I am especially happy to hear you are all OK.
FINSMACK

DEADROOTS
05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Those dogs are only obedient to the pack leader, which is the owner. They are awesome if you don't have children or other pets. They remind me of Cichlids. Cichlids are great until you put any other fish in the tank. Sorry to hear about the attack I can sympathize, Ive been attacked as well. I was bleeding all over. Arms, legs, and torso. I got the last laugh but the rabies shot was awful. :ROFL:

As far as taking her to court,

I'm glad nothing major happened to you or your daughter. I'm sure that dumb lady is suffering enough from her dogs getting beat in front of her besides for the mess they made. And not to sound chauvinistic but I can't imagine a woman being able to handle to of those wild beasts, unless she was a beast her self. I can bang with the big boys and I had a ruff time with one of them.

sliu6122
05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Dumb ***** owner. She must be blonde

Captain Castaic
05-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I dont know if I mentioned....she tol;d the cops and animal control they were not even her dogs....that she was watching them for a friend. If that is true she had NO REASON to take them ANYWHERE! As someone said earlier in this thread they " follow the pack leader...the owner" well according to her she'd not the "pack leader" DUMB ARSE!!
It just keeps replaying over in my mind. Thinking of what I would do differently....the ony thing I thought of is to of taken my leash and put it around the pits neck and try to strangle it as he was clamped on my dog.....that might of been a tall order tho...this dog was SOLID. Someone asked what color they were...one had a white head the other had a brown and white head. One was more white then the other. The brown headed one did the damage. Her body was brown and white.

C.C.

Joshua
05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I dont know if I mentioned....she tol;d the cops and animal control they were not even her dogs....that she was watching them for a friend. If that is true she had NO REASON to take them ANYWHERE! As someone said earlier in this thread they " follow the pack leader...the owner" well according to her she'd not the "pack leader" DUMB ARSE!!
It just keeps replaying over in my mind. Thinking of what I would do differently....the ony thing I thought of is to of taken my leash and put it around the pits neck and try to strangle it as he was clamped on my dog.....that might of been a tall order tho...this dog was SOLID. Someone asked what color they were...one had a white head the other had a brown and white head. One was more white then the other. The brown headed one did the damage. Her body was brown and white.

C.C.
DUDE that is horrible. I am glad that you and your daughter avoided harm. We are all hoping your old friend pulls through. Dont under-estimate the strength of a dog to survive. The dog that attacked should be destroyed. I think you should be allowed to administer the lethal injection

I think they asked what the dog looked like to determine if it is a red nosed pit. The Red nose have a reputation for being exceptionally mean.
When I was in College when took in a stray pit. He was a puppy. He looked tough but looks are deceiving. Very nice dog that was afraid of cats. But my experience is much different that yours. I understand where you are coming from.
I will say that you cant blame a breed but pits were breed to have incredible jaw power. And if you get idiots over-breeding. You have a volatile mix. Mix in poor socialiazation and no obedience training we are all in trouble.

To ban certain breeds of dogs is a contraversial issue. I dont know how to classify a vicious breed of dog. I had Rottweilers and some would put them in the vicious category. I would have to argue that and so would my now 8 year old daughter. Not a good breed for everyone.

We wish everyone a speedy recovery. Especially your young lady. That must have scared the krap out of her. Hug her extra tight.

Darius
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
First off, i am sorry to hear you were attacked by the dogs. I hope your dogs survives. Most important please do not go on a rage that all dogs are bad especially the pit bull breeds. I know you'll be pissed but be extremely mad at the owner not the breed. I'm a pitbull owner and i frown at the owners with pitbulls who do not care for this kind of a breed. My say is no dog or animals in general is born to kill or be aggressive. It is a reason why they are aggressive, and mean.

Eyethautunew
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't blame the breed!!! Blame that **** of an owner they had!!!!!! I'm terribly sorry for what has happened to you. Having young children myself I totally understand. I'm just very defensive of my dog's breed when IGNORANT PEOPLE are allowed to own these dogs without understanding and being able to control them. F***ING idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope your daughter and you get through this without any more problems. I still can't believe they didn't take those dogs!!! THATS BS!!

Nah, Im sorry to say.. I cannot stand when people get offended about their dog's breed. Just this past week my wife came home telling me how 4 children came in the ER. All with Bites from their own pitbulls. The parents were so shocked because THEIR BREED pitbulls, had never showed signs of being viscious dogs. Sucks to hear about it, let alone it happen to you. So yes its not the owner its the Blood in those damn dogs.

CAPT'N
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
John,
I don't know what to say other than I am so glad your daughter is ok. Really sorry about your dog, and your experience. As I read your account the 2 words going around and around in my head were OH SheeT.

That women should be prosecuted, and the true owners as well. take care of your little girl, and your dog, I am sure they will both be fine.

Scott

KID CREOLE
05-11-2009, 06:33 AM
John,

Glad to hear you and your daughter are OK, hopefully you're labrador will be too!

I'm very opinionated on Pitbulls, these guys yelling don't blame the breed, I invite you to call your home owners insurance carrier and tell them you are now keeping two Pitbulls at your home and watch how fast your insurance gets cancelled! Why?

Joshua
05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
John,

I'm very opinionated on Pitbulls, these guys yelling don't blame the breed, I invite you to call your home owners insurance carrier and tell them you are now keeping two Pitbulls at your home and watch how fast your insurance gets cancelled! Why?
Statistics dont lie. Most insurance companies wont insure if you have pitbulls. They are pushin for other breeds as well. That blows I was lucky that my insurance company wasnt ignorant about Rottweilers. I put a check mark for dogs. That was it. State Farm.

Oh yeah Stats say more dog bites are from the family lab. That never runs on the 5 PM news. I think that the pits do more damage when they attack.
When I had my Rotts and we went out,. People would ask, do they bite. I would answer,"all dogs have teeth and all dogs will bite". Animal Planet ran tests to see which dog had the most biting force. Rotts were on the top of the list. Pits just wont let go.

Again, this attack was an unfortunate incident and I think it was totally avoidable. Very sad

TARHEEL15
05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I am truly sorry to hear what happened. Glad all of you are OK.
I had a similar experience 2 years ago with my dog (19 pound Jack Russell) and my 4 year old son at a public park. An American Staffordshire (cousin of the pitbul) was about 100 feet away and started running towards us. My dog was on a leash (because I'm a responsible dog owner) and we tried to run away but it caught up after about 30 feet (it's hard to run with a 4 year old in your arms). It went after my son first but only got his shorts in his mouth, I ripped him out of his mouth and threw my son over a 3 foot chain link fence. Then he attacked my dog. It broke my dogs back leg in 4 places and dislocated her hip. The dog did not respond to any of my punches or kicks. This dog was red and at weighed at least 90 pounds. The owner finally came running up and said a word in German and the dog let go. My son is witnessing all this from the other side of the fence and screaming. He had a mild concussion from me throwing him over the fence and hitting his head on the concrete. My dog is bleeding, broken, and yelping at this point. The owner said "I'm so sorry, I will help your dog, let me put the dog in the car and I will be right back". Well, I'm sure you can guess how that went. Yep, he never came back. My son still has nightmares from that day and my dog is a different dog. She is now very shy, timid, and scared to go on walks.

Darius
05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
many accounts of dog attacks but always the media portrays pit bulls as the monsters. They have a huge negative reputation for that monster animal, from my experience working at a dog care place, let me just say i got bit by a original poodle, meaning full size 60 + pound poodle. No pitbull or what ever bit me, just plain bullshitt. Hate all this talk it is in the blood, so the kids who shot up columbine high school "it's in those white kids blood," "those caucasians/ whites are dangerous." Or virginia tech, "Dam asians," "it is in their asian blood to kill." Most important, all animals can, may bite. Again, very unfortunate event for you to be attacked, and your lab. Please do not make it a stereotype for some ignorant fools to follow.

goseango
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
DIff is a poodle will nip you and a pit bull will try and kill what ever it bites.....The facts dont lie in regards to the number of fatal attacks by dogs. Pits are #1.......

City Dad
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Hate all this talk it is in the blood, so the kids who shot up columbine high school "it's in those white kids blood," "those caucasians/ whites are dangerous."

okay, that's your opinion. I, on the other hand make sure to have all of my white kids spayed or neutered and they are never allowed leave the yard without a choke collar.

goodguy
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Look... The fact is pits were originally bread to be able to what they do... There's no disputing that. Just as labs were originally bread to pull fishing nets out of frigid water and retrieve game...
Now because the breading, a pit has the capability to cause some serious damage. It's up to the owner to teach them from a puppy the total opposite of that. I love all dogs so I'd never say they should be banned or destoryed that's just narrow minded.
I do feel that making a person who really wants to own a "dangerous bread" to apply for some kind of special license where you are required to take some kind of course in training and handling what could be (and considering the numbers of pits that are out there, rarely) a dangerous animal.. Solves allot of problems there. You need to have special licenses to have other exotic animals like monkeys etc... Why not...

Captain Castaic
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Look... The fact is pits were originally bread to be able to what they do... There's no disputing that. Just as labs were originally bread to pull fishing nets out of frigid water and retrieve game...
Now because the breading, a pit has the capability to cause some serious damage. It's up to the owner to teach them from a puppy the total opposite of that. I love all dogs so I'd never say they should be banned or destoryed that's just narrow minded.
I do feel that making a person who really wants to own a "dangerous bread" to apply for some kind of special license where you are required to take some kind of course in training and handling what could be (and considering the numbers of pits that are out there, rarely) a dangerous animal.. Solves allot of problems there. You need to have special licenses to have other exotic animals like monkeys etc... Why not...

Everyone has their own opinion on 'what is right and wrong. We all have strong beliefs one way or another...as far as "banning" specific breeds from public places it IS possible. My neighbor goes RV' ing valot and after I shared the story he told me that alot of camgrounds they go to have signs at the entrance "NO PIT BULLS, NO AKITAS, NO ROTTWEILERS," It might be private campgrounds i am not sure but the possibilty and fact is they ARE banned at certain places. And they dont care if the Pope had raised it from a pup...they just dont want the possibilty of a problem. Now as a member of F.O.C.L. i will be sharing this unfortunate story with the officers and members of the F.O.C.L. and County Park staff has already been informed. I will push for WHATEVER we can do to make the lake a safer place to be.
If "sterotyping" is "ignorant" as someone said then I would raher be "ignorant and safe" then "understanding AND DEAD"

goodguy
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Everyone has their own opinion on 'what is right and wrong. We all have strong beliefs one way or another...as far as "banning" specific breeds from public places it IS possible. My neighbor goes RV' ing valot and after I shared the story he told me that alot of camgrounds they go to have signs at the entrance "NO PIT BULLS, NO AKITAS, NO ROTTWEILERS," It might be private campgrounds i am not sure but the possibilty and fact is they ARE banned at certain places. And they dont care if the Pope had raised it from a pup...they just dont want the possibilty of a problem. Now as a member of F.O.C.L. i will be sharing this unfortunate story with the officers and members of the F.O.C.L. and County Park staff has already been informed. I will push for WHATEVER we can do to make the lake a safer place to be.
If "sterotyping" is "ignorant" as someone said then I would raher be "ignorant and safe" then "understanding AND DEAD"

Well, it's just like everything else in this world... The bad, stupid, selfish people ruin it for the rest of the responsible, thoughtful, and careful people out there. Hence why fishermen aren't permitted to fish in certain places... People aren't permitted to bring any dog (regardless of species) some places. Most laws and rules wouldn't even be necessary if the world was full of smart people. Because they would just know... And now responsible pit owners will have to deal with what other irresponsible dog owners did. So when pitbulls aren't permitted at castaic anymore they have this dumb lady to thank... Sucks, but such is life!
However, I still think that if the state would start a special program for pit owners it would eliminate these encounters... Make it so that if you want a pit and go through this program and your pit then hurts another dog or a person their dog is automatically removed perminently from their care and they have to pay huge fines as well as the cost for the dog to be rehabbed and sent to a new home. Something like this would eliminate the idiots who just get a pit because "they're cool" or "they're tough" etc.. Only people who really want to take the chance and make the effort to train and keep at it could own one... Far fetched plan I know, but it would put an end to this crap...

Rubble
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience,but glad you & your daughter & dog are basically o.k.....

I had a similar thing happen while was walking my dog(a 14yr. old Shepard).

I luckily survived with not too much damage,my dog did not......

Anybody who says that the breed is NOT to blame is as ignorant as the people who own them....!!!!
Any breed that is capable of killing humans & animals any time it feels like it should not be allowed in public PERIOD...!!!!!

Even the Police who responded to my incident agreed with this but said until a law is passed,unfortunatly we will continue to read about children and pets getting mauled,disfigured & killed on a monthly basis.......

Any such dog that I encounter off a leash from now on is considered by me Fair Game......

RUSSO
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM

Well said Good Guy. Calling for the "BANNING" or "KILLING" of all Pit Bulls is a massive overreaction. Pits like these two should be put down, and the Lady should be put in jail, but the vast majority of them will never bite anyone. I have witnessed, and intervened in a few dog attacks in my life and none of them were by Pit Bulls. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt and I'm glad your dog will make it, but there are a lot of Dog breeds that could have done that.

olfishergal
05-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Dumb ***** owner. She must be blonde

thanks for the dumb *** response...........I am offended....... Sorry for what happened to u and your daughter. glad you are both doing better. As for the breed, I agree with Sansou about owners posting bonds. Also, I believe the owning of more than one pit should be outlawed. If you can't control your dog (s) then you have no business owning any type of dog..........OFG

Trout-Slayer77
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
To Captain Castaic: so sorry to hear about your horrible experience, glad to hear everyone is ok, and your dog is healing !!

Here are 2 websites you all may find interesting. They are completely different and argue both sides of the story.

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-attacks-deadly.html (Pit Bull Attacks Happen Because People are Irresponsible and Ignorant)

http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm (statistics- just the facts -attacks/ maulings)

Eyethautunew
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
To Captain Castaic: so sorry to hear about your horrible experience, glad to hear everyone is ok, and your dog is healing !!

Here are 2 websites you all may find interesting. They are completely different and argue both sides of the story.

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-attacks-deadly.html (Pit Bull Attacks Happen Because People are Irresponsible and Ignorant)

http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm (statistics- just the facts -attacks/ maulings)

Honestly the first website doen't count, because it appears to me the site is for Pitbull lovers. And written by one guy. Now on the other hand, the other site; who knows maybe they loved pitbulls too. but compared to one mans words and those pictures. Im still leaning towards knowing those dogs are just violent dogs.

FISHNCHIPS
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
The genes of the Pit Bull breed were selected only for an animal that will fight to the death willingly. Several small chuildren and an elderly woman have been bitten,chewed and ripped apart savagely in my area by these beasts that were developed for kill sport. They should be outlawed outside of the fighting ring.
Do what I do. When you see a sign for free pit or pit cross puppies,take them for target practice and do some little kid a big favor. Those that say they're just a big baby,wouldn't hurt a fly need to see them snap just once,it's an incredible sight and there's little you can do but get hurt if you don't have a gun handy which is usually illegal.
That is one great lifeguard!!!

jrockn
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Wow! I'm sorry you had to go throught all of that and especially for your daughter and dog to have expierenced it. Glad to hear that you are all alive and ok. I would say that its more to blame the owner. It was wrong for her to have her dogs off a leash and wrong to bring them in public if they are agrresive to other dogs. I love all dogs and even pits, but its the owner who always is at fault.

Santa Fe Eric
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
WOW:Shocked:
I thank God you and your daughter made it through this horrible situation. I hope that your dog fares well too. Such a shame! Definitely an incident that could have been avoided!
You and the lifeguard were very brave!

GeordyBass
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
you know what cappy,I'm just happy that ur daughter,you,and your dog are in good health,,,

Pit bulls are kind of a 2 faced animal,i don't trust them,but I believe that with proper real treatment they are good,or if the owner treats them like crap,guess what?

Scary story,relieving ending...

I hope your daughter gets over it pretty soon.

:Smile:

CatchthatTrout
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
ive been around pits all my life and never ever EVER had one attack anything around here that didnt have it coming.
OK ...... back away from the computer and put down the puppy chow!
REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!
So you've seen a pit attack someone or animal that DESERVED it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

I was stunned reading this post.
I'm very glad that your daughter is on her way to recovering from such a tramatic incident and I'm sure she'll soon look forward to going out and fishing with her hero Dad.
I commend you for fighting for your dogs life, as well as your daughters safety.
Also kudos to that lifeguard for helping you in a time of need.

Thank god that when all was said and done, you still have the ones you adore close to you.

imd12nv
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry about what u went through especially about your daughter that can be very traumatic. i have a friend that was bitten by a dog when he was a kid and to this day (hes like 47 yrs old) has a phobia of dogs. I have owned many pit bulls in fact the only non pit bull ive ever had is my dog now wich is a boxer. Part of the responsabilty of owning pit bulls is recognizing they are agressive dogs especially twoards other animals and taking the proper precautions for it. I always made sure i had a breaking stick (wich every pitbull owner should have) and only walked them at like 4am when no one was around. just as precautions. i had to break up fights between my own dogs many times. if your going to own a dog no matter what a breed you should know what your getting into.

a biley
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
OK ...... back away from the computer and put down the puppy chow!
REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!
So you've seen a pit attack someone or animal that DESERVED it?

exactly what I thought when I read it!!! It's like he was saying my dog deserved to get attacked because he ASSUMED my dog barked at it since my dog is a chihuahua. While MY dog was on a leash, and that guys dog was loose!

sansou
05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry about what u went through especially about your daughter that can be very traumatic. i have a friend that was bitten by a dog when he was a kid and to this day (hes like 47 yrs old) has a phobia of dogs. I have owned many pit bulls in fact the only non pit bull ive ever had is my dog now wich is a boxer. Part of the responsabilty of owning pit bulls is recognizing they are agressive dogs especially twoards other animals and taking the proper precautions for it. I always made sure i had a breaking stick (wich every pitbull owner should have) and only walked them at like 4am when no one was around. just as precautions. i had to break up fights between my own dogs many times. if your going to own a dog no matter what a breed you should know what your getting into.

I wish more pitbull owners were responsable like you.

I never knew such a thing as a "breaking stick" even exists. Do you beat the dog with it or something along those lines???

Years ago I got to watch first hand how Fed Law enforcement deals with aggressive dogs: CO2 extinguishers!! 2 mean rottweilers clamped on to this particular agent's leg, and rather than risk possibly shooting the agent, one of the team hit the dogs with a big dose of CO2....the dogs shrieked and ran off! I dunno if that would work for a pitbull though...LOL

camman
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah Stats say more dog bites are from the family lab. That never runs on the 5 PM news. I think that the pits do more damage when they attack.

This probably isnt a good thing to believe in....there are more labs as pets out there than pits....Its probably a smaller percentage from a larger pool which equates to more bites from the lab vs a pit.

calico killer kevin
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM

I never knew such a thing as a "breaking stick" even exists. Do you beat the dog with it or something along those lines???

Years ago I got to watch first hand how Fed Law enforcement deals with aggressive dogs: CO2 extinguishers!! 2 mean rottweilers clamped on to this particular agent's leg, and rather than risk possibly shooting the agent, one of the team hit the dogs with a big dose of CO2....the dogs shrieked and ran off! I dunno if that would work for a pitbull though...LOL
Yeah, it's called an aluminum basball bat and is used to break the f*****'s necks lol. J/K I've no idea what it is, but quite frankly, I'm interested to know what it is as well.

Yep that's what every dog owner needs to bring on walks, CO2 extinguishers lol. That's interesting, never heard of anything like that before.

aldo818
05-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I totally support the outlawing of those dogs in public places as well. LA county just has too many ignoramuses that don't understand what it takes to make these dogs family pets and keep them from attacking their or their neighbors child/pet/postman.

I have owned a least 20 different kinds of dogs in my 35 years of life and can attest that every breed has it's own special characteristics that need to be addressed by its owner from the beginning. I don't mean to rain on the parade of responsible owners of pit bulls and rotts because I know that it all comes down to training and control of their pet. These are actually very good looking and loyal dogs for their caring owners. For gods sake, I've seen some of these "killing machines" tamer than kittens. But that was only because these particular Pits were raised to be that way.

This all comes down to the irresponsible few ruining it for the responsible majority because of the fact that these dogs do a lot more damage than a pesky little ankle bite.

Captain, sorry to here about your encounter I wish I could have been there to gaff that fricken dog and its owner. I honestly don't know what some people are thinking. I'm always hesitant to take my maltese out to the lakes just cause I don't want her barking at people.

Wow, consideration for others... Wish that Pit Bull owner had some of that "old time" consideration for others.

Sue
05-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Pit Bulls are an inherently vicious breed, but most of the time it's down to the owner.

I've been terrified of dogs since I was 10 after being chased by a pack of 6, and I just hate to hear stories like this. I'll stick to Stealth and Bomber, my beautiful cat and kitten :Smile:

boxl0bster
05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
This probably isnt a good thing to believe in....there are more labs as pets out there than pits....Its probably a smaller percentage from a larger pool which equates to more bites from the lab vs a pit.

i couldnt agree more with you. it doesnt take a genius to see that there are more lab owners than pit owners. its like asking why more drunk drivers are caught on weekends versus weekdays...

anyways captain castaic, i am so very sorry this happened to you, your daughter and your dog. i wish you and your family a speedy recovery from this horrible attack.

im with those who say we should ban these type of dogs. i would totally sign any petition to ban them completely. the least we could do is what sansou said and have the owners of pits post bonds.

lastly is anyone annoyed that people are bringing their dogs into every g#*!#damn store these days? i was at home depot the other day and this lady had a dog in there that was growling and barking at everyone including myself. this guy next to me didnt like it either and had a nice little chat with her about that...what ever happened to the no pets in stores rule? you cant go in a store without a shirt or shoes but id rather that than someone with their supposed "sweet" dog.

sorry for the rant but the recent explosion of those toy dogs and people bringing them everywhere is annoying me. thanks paris hilton...

imd12nv
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM

I have trird the fire extinguisher it doesnt work at least not more than once. a breaking stick is a wedge like stick with a handle that is used to pry a dogs jaw open when it wont let go or locks up its jaw. i mostly used it when my own dogs would fight over a female in heat or food or anything else.

imd12nv
05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah, it's called an aluminum basball bat and is used to break the f*****'s necks lol. J/K I've no idea what it is, but quite frankly, I'm interested to know what it is as well.

Yep that's what every dog owner needs to bring on walks, CO2 extinguishers lol. That's interesting, never heard of anything like that before.
Sometimes even the bats wont work. i think captn mentioned they broke an oar on the dogs head and it did nothing

smitty99
05-12-2009, 09:02 AM
A couple of .45 hydrashok HPs will work.

matt duarte
05-12-2009, 09:21 AM
with pitbulls you have to pour water on and in there nose...with there mouth focused on the bite they breath out of there nose...if they cant take a breath thru there nose they will release there bite to breath out of there mouth...never fails.. trust me...i know its hard to think of when all that is going on but it will work in seconds i have a buddy with a pit and its normaly like a kitty cat but ive seen him and his brother fight and kicking punching what ever you wanna throw normaly wont work...water will everytime....im defently sorry you and your daughter and your poor dog had to go thru all that no one should ever half to! pit bull owners need to be smart and keep them on a short leash they may normaly be a puppy dog but all dogs can snap..be smart people put your dog on a leash or if its to big or strong of a dog for you to handle dont take it in public

BingJr
05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
CC,

So very sorry you and your family had to endure this horrific event. Our prayers and well wishes will be with you.

All this crap about labs bite more than pits. Being bit by a dog like a lab or a golden is one thing, being attacked by a pit bull is an entirely different story. Kill all the Fing things. Guess you need to keep a "fillet" knife with ya when you take your dogs and kids in public. Slit the GD things throat.

CC, dont play it over and over wondering what could have been done differently. It becomes an impossible task trying to compensate for others idiocracy. I was witness in a case where a pit bull pulled her owner across a petco on a leash and attacked a collie. The owner of the collie ended up getting bit as well. It was friggen intense and yet nothing compared to what you endured.

May god bless your family!

fishslayer01
05-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree that the owner should see some criminal charges against them and its not the dogs fault that it was raised by an ********* but having said that if that had been me in that situation there would be two less pitbulls in CA.

Captain Castaic
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I agree that the owner should see some criminal charges against them and its not the dogs fault that it was raised by an ********* but having said that if that had been me in that situation there would be two less pitbulls in CA.

Believe me I TRIED.....

Captain Castaic
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
CC,

So very sorry you and your family had to endure this horrific event. Our prayers and well wishes will be with you.

All this crap about labs bite more than pits. Being bit by a dog like a lab or a golden is one thing, being attacked by a pit bull is an entirely different story. Kill all the Fing things. Guess you need to keep a "fillet" knife with ya when you take your dogs and kids in public. Slit the GD things throat.

CC, dont play it over and over wondering what could have been done differently. It becomes an impossible task trying to compensate for others idiocracy. I was witness in a case where a pit bull pulled her owner across a petco on a leash and attacked a collie. The owner of the collie ended up getting bit as well. It was friggen intense and yet nothing compared to what you endured.

May god bless your family!

Man ...you nailed it...I AM playing it over and over in my head..I cant shake it...Its like "what would i do differently" ........IN TIME i guess...

imd12nv
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.realpitbull.com/breakstick.html
A link for those who were wondering about the breaking sticks

WormFisher
05-12-2009, 12:47 PM
"All responsible pit bull owners should have one"

Why would you want one of these dogs if you need to have something like this?

Very sorry to hear what happened to you Captain.

I used to take my lab to Dog Beach in HB when she was younger and the only dogs that ever gave her a hard time were Boxers and some Pit Mixes.

Luckily we would just go in deeper water and they would go back in, when they realized they could not swim. One time a boxer had my dog's snout and I had to hit it over it's nose with her collar/leash which I always carried in my other hand.

Dangerous breed I don't know, but I don't hear of any other types of dogs needing a breaking stick??

trout worm
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
just read your post.

I am glad that you and your daughter are physically ok.

It'll take time but youngsters are pretty resilient. I hope she can cope with this scare and gets better.

Reading your story made my blood boil, but I will reserve passing judgment on the woman and her dogs.

Just get better, and take care of your daughter.....

peace.....

lurk 182
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
as a person who has owned a lab and several pits, i am confident that the type of people who choose a lab and the type of people that choose a pit are usually on opposite ends of the spectrum to begin with. add to that the fact that the pit bull/rottweiler/mastiff/cane corso are the knucklehead's dog of choice, and you've got a bad situation waiting to happen. i just hope everyone can leave the blame where it ought to be left, with the stupid owner that thought it was a good idea to bring a dog to the park when she obviously was quite aware that she owns an animal that will attack any other dog it sees. if you have a dog like that, you either put it down or it never leaves the house, bottom line. i'm just bummed cause most people prefer to generalize and reports like this feed the fire. its really like dog racism to assume that every dog with a stout head is a killer, but unfortunately that's what most people will take away from a story like this. glad your dog is ok.

Granny Fish
05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
What a nightmare! :Shocked: I'm glad to hear that it didn't turn out worse. So many people take on the responsibility of owning or caring for a dog and don't take the time to learn about the breed they choose or get the training needed in handling it.

I used to work at a pet clinic. For the record, at the pet clinic, we had more problems with agressive behavior from chow chows, akitas and huskies. We had lots of pits visit the clinic and I've seen the sweetest pits and some of the worse. So many morons own this breed and haven't a clue how to handle them.

Considering the amount of damage a pitbull can do and how strong they are, I think it is a huge liability for someone to own one and especially to take it to a public place if they don't have 100% control of their animal.

I'm happy to hear that this didn't turn out worse. Hope your daughter is not too traumatized over this and your dog heals well.

DarkShadow
05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Should've drowned the f*uckers, Michael Vick style.

Problem solved.

imd12nv
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
"All responsible pit bull owners should have one"

Why would you want one of these dogs if you need to have something like this?

Very sorry to hear what happened to you Captain.

I used to take my lab to Dog Beach in HB when she was younger and the only dogs that ever gave her a hard time were Boxers and some Pit Mixes.

Luckily we would just go in deeper water and they would go back in, when they realized they could not swim. One time a boxer had my dog's snout and I had to hit it over it's nose with her collar/leash which I always carried in my other hand.

Dangerous breed I don't know, but I don't hear of any other types of dogs needing a breaking stick??

My point was just that if your going to own a pit bull or any breed you have to be prepared for anything even if u never use it.

DEADROOTS
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
A couple of .45 hydrashok HPs will work.

Get er dun!

sharrko
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Ya, Pitbuls have attacked my dogs also. Its a scary moment, and you fear for your dogs live. But My dogs aren't small and fight back when there in harm. My dogs are very behaved and always will run along any other dog to play. One of my dogs is a Caucasian Ovcharka and the other a red nose pitbul. I never get involved when my dogs are attacked because i know they can handle them selves. When im alone with my pitbul, I'm a little scared because it sometimes cant fight back cuz its small compared to my other dog and is A lot weaker but is very behaved.
I hope your dog recovers and your daughter forgets any of that ever happend. I cant even imagine how terrified a child will be. Get a Caucasian Ovcharka, Perfect guard dog and very sweet around the family but also Very aggressive when in harm.

Wow. Kavkaska ovcharka. I am not sure that many people know of this dog...but you guys should check it out.
This story breaks my heart. And the law can't take them away???? What better sign of the dogs' intent to hurt??? ( i am not saying that it's the dog's fault. It's always the owner).I hate to say this because it may offend pit bull lovers, but i hope they do it like in many countries of europe.....pit bulls are illegal to have. Hope your dog recovers fast. As far as your kid....i am sure it is hard for her, and it will take a long time to get over what she witnessed. It personally it took me over 15 years to get over my fear of dogs because a dog chased me when i was 6 years old.

Wingnut
05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Wow, I just read this thread and went through a wide variety of emotions. But the most important one of all is "relieved"... glad to hear that you & your daughter is okay and your dog will recover. :Cool:

Little Bass Mike
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Wow, I'm really happy your dog and daughter are ok.. F**k that sh**.. I love dogs, even pits, but wtf was that lady thinking? And she had the balls to ask YOU to stop?!? OMG.. what is this world coming too..

God forbid the dumb B!7ch even yelled at her dog to stop... You must be a good man Captain Castaic.. Good things happen to good people. And the fact that your dog and daughter are gonna be ok is a great thing. Kudos to you for stabbing the beast.. you're the man!

Asecino420
05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Dude i feel your pain. this happend to me about a year ago or so. i was with my neice walking my lil terrior and out of nowhere a pittbull comes out and sarts attacking my dog...i pick up my neice and strt kicking the dog. the owners come out and do nothing. i hate thinking about it...i hat pitbulls...ill kill one if i feel threatend...no matter what. **** that..hope ur okay and yeah ur daughter to...that **** is horrible...neice is afraid of big dogs now.

Crawler
05-16-2009, 10:50 AM
That sucks man. Glad you and your daughter are OK. I forking hate those dogs, and usually (yes, I profile) the clowns I SEE walking around with these dogs have a tough guy complex. This is just my opinion.

A friend of mine almost killed (well, the dog might have died, he left before getting mobbed by a bunch of gangbangers) a pit at victoria gardens. He and his wife were walking along, saw a pit get free from its owner and beeline it to some little girls little taco bell dog. My friend made eye contact with another adult male that was seeing this happen and they both ran over and jumped on the dog. The pit would not let go. Dumbshit owner was just standing there dumbfounded. The two men got so worked up beating / kicking / kneeing this dog that when they finally stopped pounding on it, it had dropped the little dog and was just laying there breathing funny. There was a crowd of people gathered by now and some clown started yelling "Hey man, you killed that dawg, I thought white people loved dogs. Man you white boys killed a black mans dawg." About this time someone came though the crowd and told my friend "you need to just get the **** out of here man, just leave." So my friend and his wife left. Dont know what ever happened to that POS dog.

Anyway, sorry bro I hope your daughter gets over this soon.

ElementX
05-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Holy crap man! I'm glad everyone made it including your lab. Just reading the story made me angry. If my dog died due to an incident like that, I'd go slay that pitbull myself.

BTW, good job fighting that beast off. You should sue like everyone says. Your dog would actually be legit showing up to court in a neckbrace!

KaliDawgFan
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Something similar happened to me at Piru. This guy had two large, aggressive boxers tied up to his trailer. As I walked by their campground on the way back from a morning session, one of them broke off their leash and came straight at me. I kept it at bay with one pole and swiped at it with the other pole until the stupid owner came out. All I could think of is if I had my niece with me it may have went after her.

xxwake4lifexx
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
This is why I absolutely despise pit bulls. Don't come in here with any bull **** either, telling me its how the owner treats the dog. These animals are MADE to be aggressive and kill. **** pit bulls and **** the people who have them.

Edit: Maybe I was a little harsh, but it seems like I'm always hearing about this crap. If I was you man I would have done the same thing. I would have done everything in my power to kill/maim that dog on the spot.

That lifeguard sounds like a great guy though. He better get honored for that.

Edit #2: Sue for all she's worth (which is probably not much).

Pinekap
05-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your experince. Most of all you should make sure your daughter is really ok. With and experince like that she could end up being afraid of dogs for the rest of her life. Dogs sense fear and tend to act aggressive towards it and that is not good.

Pinekap

dodoman
05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
C.C. its a sad news to here animals/pets get attacked .
i recently (yesturday ) saw a pit thrashed a chiwawa .
the dog never survived.

i demanded the owner of the pit to rush the chiwawa to thge emergency room ( pet clinic ) and it died couple hrs later.

its sad news, glad your kids and your dog will be okay.

DODOMAN, the pet lover.

ezcompany
05-19-2009, 06:32 PM
not meaning to sound funny but when a dog goes berserk, especially a dog like a pit, shoving your fingers up the anus is very effective. (i'd use something else) again, not meaning to sound funny, but it may help someone reading this in the near future.

deanhall32
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Just read your post. Wow. Glad everyone ended up okay. I would say you were lucky cause things could have been worse. How ya been sleeping since then?

megafisher94
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Sue her, get her dogs taken away, and make her life a living hell. Dumbasses like that have no business with vicious dogs. I agree that the breed cannot be to blame, even though they do cause the majority of vicious dog attacks. Theres no reason to walk your ******* dogs if you can't even control them. I would've ******* killed her dogs and say I was defending what's precious to me. Seems like you handled the situation pretty well.
amen. couldnt have said it any better my self...

soulsurfer
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
CC, I wish the best for both your daughter and your dog's recovery with God speed............and I want to thank you for posting this thread because I learned something important, be prepared because you'll never know when a situation is going to turn south.

I'm going to start carrying my pepper spray [designed as a bear repellent for camping] from now on when I walk out of my house.

Hitts0n
05-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok I did enough reading.First of all Capatin Castaic,Im glad to hear your dog is doing ok.Second,im sure you are a great father and you dont need professional help.You are a professional father and can walk your daughter through this tragedy.The ban of pitbulls....If California,or the USA ban Pits,then people will just train the next crazy dog to be a killer.Cops train germans,I know someone who train rockwilers dogs to be evil.Blah blah blah.People put on face mask for the swine flu,but but wear protection for HIV? No women should be with 2 full grown pits,we all know that.Dogs off leash law should be a 5000 fine or more.

Now me in that situtation?Oh my.I feel your anger:Evil:.But I had to calm down on my post because I know children and others dont need to read my bad language,nor anger.Just know I hear what you are saying,and thinking.:Secret:
You were VERY mature about this situation.Ban pits? Ban "Guns" also.
Sorry you and your loved ones had to go thru this.......

2quikmotorwerks
05-27-2009, 10:39 PM
The Red nose have a reputation for being exceptionally mean. That is a stupid comment the color of the nose does not mean anything it is just a color variety it doesnt make the dog anymore aggressive then the other colored nosed dogs,now yes pits do have fighting in their blood after all they were orignally bred for bear and bull baiting as well as lions and such back in the early days as entertainment. The pit was also the offical dog of ww1 it was actually considerd a soldier.Its a shame that pits have such a bad rep any dog can be a viscious killer, pits have the rep they have because of the breeder and the breeder only, either from too much line/cross breeding to bring out a certain trait or from the owner raising it a certain way, but the same can happen with any dog. i cant tell u how many agressive mutts ive seen that bite people and attack and kill other animals, also people tend to generalize things "oh it looks like a pit so it must be a pit" in reality its some other breed ex. canario,mastifs etc etc. I can go on and on on this subject i just think people should know what they are talking about when they start talking about this breed of dog before they start flapping their gums on something they know nothing about beside what they hear on tv or from sally joe's cusin friend from down the street, just remember that any dog is capable of the same thing it just that we rarely hear about because a golden retriver attack isnt as exciting as a apbt attack as far as media goes.

JSAUCE818
05-28-2009, 05:59 AM
That is a stupid comment the color of the nose does not mean anything it is just a color variety it doesnt make the dog anymore aggressive then the other colored nosed dogs,now yes pits do have fighting in their blood after all they were orignally bred for bear and bull baiting as well as lions and such back in the early days as entertainment. The pit was also the offical dog of ww1 it was actually considerd a soldier.Its a shame that pits have such a bad rep any dog can be a viscious killer, pits have the rep they have because of the breeder and the breeder only, either from too much line/cross breeding to bring out a certain trait or from the owner raising it a certain way, but the same can happen with any dog. i cant tell u how many agressive mutts ive seen that bite people and attack and kill other animals, also people tend to generalize things "oh it looks like a pit so it must be a pit" in reality its some other breed ex. canario,mastifs etc etc. I can go on and on on this subject i just think people should know what they are talking about when they start talking about this breed of dog before they start flapping their gums on something they know nothing about beside what they hear on tv or from sally joe's cusin friend from down the street, just remember that any dog is capable of the same thing it just that we rarely hear about because a golden retriver attack isnt as exciting as a apbt attack as far as media goes.
well said..:Thumbs Up:

TARHEEL15
05-28-2009, 08:43 AM
That is a stupid comment the color of the nose does not mean anything it is just a color variety it doesnt make the dog anymore aggressive then the other colored nosed dogs,now yes pits do have fighting in their blood after all they were orignally bred for bear and bull baiting as well as lions and such back in the early days as entertainment. The pit was also the offical dog of ww1 it was actually considerd a soldier.Its a shame that pits have such a bad rep any dog can be a viscious killer, pits have the rep they have because of the breeder and the breeder only, either from too much line/cross breeding to bring out a certain trait or from the owner raising it a certain way, but the same can happen with any dog. i cant tell u how many agressive mutts ive seen that bite people and attack and kill other animals, also people tend to generalize things "oh it looks like a pit so it must be a pit" in reality its some other breed ex. canario,mastifs etc etc. I can go on and on on this subject i just think people should know what they are talking about when they start talking about this breed of dog before they start flapping their gums on something they know nothing about beside what they hear on tv or from sally joe's cusin friend from down the street, just remember that any dog is capable of the same thing it just that we rarely hear about because a golden retriver attack isnt as exciting as a apbt attack as far as media goes.

I've been to the dog beach in Huntington Beach numerous times with my dog and there are all different types of dogs there. I've seen a a lot of incidents and it usually involves a red nosed pitbull. Yes the smaller more annoying dogs usually are involved also but they are not strong and can easily be handled. Pitbulls are so strong and powerful they are able do do much more damge than the smaller dogs such as a chihuahua. I think pitbulls have there bad reputation for good reason.

a biley
05-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I've been to the dog beach in Huntington Beach numerous times with my dog and there are all different types of dogs there. I've seen a a lot of incidents and it usually involves a red nosed pitbull. Yes the smaller more annoying dogs usually are involved also but they are not strong and can easily be handled. Pitbulls are so strong and powerful they are able do do much more damge than the smaller dogs such as a chihuahua. I think pitbulls have there bad reputation for good reason.

actually last summer, 2 pits killed a pomeranian at HB dog beach, or was it long beach dog beach. Guess what... the owner left the scene too

fisherman9
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Ok I did enough reading.First of all Capatin Castaic,Im glad to hear your dog is doing ok.Second,im sure you are a great father and you dont need professional help.You are a professional father and can walk your daughter through this tragedy.The ban of pitbulls....If California,or the USA ban Pits,then people will just train the next crazy dog to be a killer.Cops train germans,I know someone who train rockwilers dogs to be evil.Blah blah blah.People put on face mask for the swine flu,but but wear protection for HIV? No women should be with 2 full grown pits,we all know that.Dogs off leash law should be a 5000 fine or more.

Hitts has a good point here. In almost all cases its the owner. But pits have been known to turn even when well trained more so then other breeds.. becuase i know for a fact that weinheimers (spelt that way wrong) and german shepards can snap and turn on ya even when well trained.

gman444
05-28-2009, 06:12 PM
C.C., I am SO sorry to hear what happened to you, your daughter, and your lab. May you all recover soon. I believe the breed is nothing but trouble. Can someone please explain to me why you want to own a dog that is inherently aggressive and can and will maul people and other dogs? Sure, it CAN be nice and docile but why take the risk? It's like getting a ****** car that CAN drive fine when you could get a car that runs perfectly smooth all the time. Why would you even take the risk? It is un-deniable that pitbulls are aggressive so WHY DO PEOPLE OWN THEM?????:Evil::Evil::Evil:

IMHO they're ugly as **** too so once again, WHY???

Gman

For all of you defendant pit owners, I have a Boston Terrier so go ahead and complain about them if it makes you feel any better

Mister Twister
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank God you and family alright,all these reports of pitts,eating their old lady owner,ECT,I've been attacked by dogs when on paper route,I was 12,terrible experience.I hope it all works out for you in your favor.Be safe and everybody watch your backs.Pepper spray, bear spray would be a good option.

bassaholic90
05-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear that horrifying story. I was running with my doberman down the street one day and a pit litteratly jumped a fence to get to my dog luckly, i wasent walking my small douchhound i could only imagine what could have happend to my little dog lucky my dober held its own and i managed to get them appart only geting bit once.

-glad to hear your kid is alright