PDA

View Full Version : The BU 5/9

victor101
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
After lots and lots of pondering of where i would fish today, I finally decided to drive up to malibu and try a couple spots ive been wanting to try. I arrive to spot one and immediately start off with the dropshot. After a couple casts...twitch twitch.....bam...fish on! It was a little guy but I was happy the skunk was off so fast
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/tough036-1.jpg

A couple of casts later, again...BAM...zzzzzzzzzz(my drag) this one was much bigger! I would gain line...it would give a few headshakes and go on a run...we battled for about 10 minuites til it finally shook my hook out of its mouth! i yelled "NOOOOOOOO!!!" LOL i think i woke up some of the residents in the area. oh well. I worked the area for about 20 more minuites with no bites and headed to my car to try somewhere else.

Arrive at spot two. I spot some nice structure right off the bat.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/59003.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/59004.jpg
I work the lc...but theres too many weeds so i quickly switch to the dropshot. worked the DS with no luck. dammit! theres got to be some fish in theses holes. I switch to the c-rig and finally get tapped. first one didnt stick. rebait and recast....bam! fish on! A nice 10" or so BSP...I took a quick pic and release...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/59002.jpg

A guy aproaches me..."What was that you caught?" with a camara in his hand ready to take a pic. I tell him i got a nice perch. he asks "Where is it?"..."I threw it back". You should of seen the puzzled look on his face LOL. "Was it too small?" "No, I release all of my fish" The look on his face was priceless.

I continue fishing and catch 2 more BSP around 7"-8". I begin to think Im gonna get into a wfo perch bite...then it stops. No more bites. I switch back to a dropshot rig and work the rest of the beach with no luck. Decided to make a move further south.

Arrived to the next stop and the beach is packed...There were some kids swimming and running around the beach so i just called it a day. I took the long way home and enjoyed the scenery.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/59005.jpg

Another great day on the sand!

hakaveli
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Good job out there . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i hate when that happens

Wingnut
05-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice outing Vic, the water clarity looks a little murky. Hate it when you lose a nice fish... but sometimes they win. :Wink: Spending the day with my mom today, hopefully I'll get a chance to get out there somewhere tomorrow. :Cool: Thanks for the report.

ghetto dad
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Nice report homie....SUCKS when its a "solid" hookset, and they spot it..:Evil: You're way overdue for your legal man, you've been doing it a long time. You WILL get one...I predict by the end of the month, I can feel it!!

Wish you could fish stripers with me monday man...let me know if things change and you can go....peace

GD

4g63power
05-09-2009, 04:32 PM
good job vic...release all of your fish?? Them salmon groupers too? Jk good day on the water for sure

Liteliner
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice job vic. You are die hard man.... All your hours on the surf will pay off soon with a monster butt. I can feel it.... :Wink:

victor101
05-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Good job out there . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i hate when that happens

Man...If i would of had my surf sensei next to me I would of landed that fish. LOL

Nice outing Vic, the water clarity looks a little murky. Hate it when you lose a nice fish... but sometimes they win. Spending the day with my mom today, hopefully I'll get a chance to get out there somewhere tomorrow. Thanks for the report.

Thanks Arthur, I hope you can get out tomorrow...You always kill em out there.

Nice report homie....SUCKS when its a "solid" hookset, and they spot it.. You're way overdue for your legal man, you've been doing it a long time. You WILL get one...I predict by the end of the month, I can feel it!!

Wish you could fish stripers with me monday man...let me know if things change and you can go....peace

GD

It was suspenseful man...I would get ready to beach that baby and it would go on another run! I asked chatzy when i would get my legal...it said next month. Til' then ill have fun with the pancakes LOL. Thanks for the reply!

good job vic...release all of your fish?? Them salmon groupers too? Jk good day on the water for sure

haha thanks man...On the boats i keep my Salmon Groupers...I only release crappy fish like Yellowtail, WSB, and YFT...

victor101
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice job vic. You are die hard man.... All your hours on the surf will pay off soon with a monster butt. I can feel it.... :Wink:

Thanks Peter, I have been working at it a while....one of these days...:Cool:

Oz
05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
looks like the big one got away this time...im sure u will get one soon.

ldsaylor
05-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Nice job up there! Sounds like a good time and its always fun to explorer new spots. Bummer that big guy got shook it.. hate that!