PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spring/Post Spawn LMB Pattern?

Bird dog
05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
What are the most effective Techniques for targeting Bass this time of year? Thanks in advance.

Socal Bassman
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
After they recuperate, you can expect these fish to go on the chew big time. Try jerkbaits and shallow running cranks in the shallows early and late in the day. You can also expect to find them on the same staging areas you found them just before the spawn. Carolina rigs, dropshot, and deep diving cranks would be your best bets. Although it's almost as touchy a subject as fishing for bedding bass, males guarding fry are vulnerable to jerkbaits and Pop-R type baits.

jim532
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Helicopter lure FTW

CALFISHER4EVR
05-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I like to use a 6" salt impregnated sluggo. Just throw it out with no weight twitch it a little and let it sink. Drop shot or carolina rig works good with 6lbs test.

Skyler
05-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Suspending jerkbaits and lipless cranks. If they get finicky try a carolina rig.

Skyler
05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Helicopter lure FTW

Ha ha ha ha ha! May as well tie on a spray painted GI joe, lol. I'll stick with my banjo minnows. I throw 'em with my Ronco pocket fisherman (I use my Rocket Fisherman for my bait rig). When the fish get too finicky it's time to break out the Bionic minnow, the banjo's angry line-twisting cousin. Then when I get lazy, I break out the Walking Worm, and the Swimming Lure. Gotta love those "As Seen On TV" lures. Make sure to use OrangeGlow or oxyclean as a scent, lol...
http://kevinchristian.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/billymays.jpg

Bird dog
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.