PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 5/8/09

Kareem Korn
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I choose a more relaxed type of fishing as opposed to T-sharking. Launched my kayak around 7ish. I was taken back by the level. Lots of new structure to explore. Went straight to the east damn and worked north to south. There were fish everywhere, bass, bluegill, carp, etc.... One thing that was not present were the birds following the shad schools. So, I stuck to bass fishing instead of looking for the line sides. It took about an hour to figure out what to use to get them off their beds. But, once the choice bait was found it wasn't too hard to entice them. All bass were caught in 5'-10' of water. They were every where and feed lazy. Mostly hitting the plastic while it rested on a piece of structure. The action would get their attention, but they wouldn't hit until it came to a rest on the bottom. The dd bass were even more sluggish and not interested in feeding. Got tired of catching cookie cutter bass and broke out the ultra light for the bluegill. They were everywhere as well and put up a fun fight on 2lb test. Got surprised a couple of times on the mini jig. Finally identifying the cause, a crappy or something that put up a great fight on the ultra light. Carp were everywhere in schools up to 50+. All looked to be in the 5lb-15lb range. I tried getting them interested in night crawlers, but they weren't into feeding. They liked my kayak and would stay schooling around me most of the day. They reminded me of the dolphin in LJ. I think I'm going to target these next trip. Gotta be fun to fight on 6lb test. It was a good day today. A lot of fish caught. It was amazing how many fish I saw today. Like looking in an aquarium.

Ifishtoolittle
05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Man I was looking for panfish like crazy 2 weeks ago. Nice to see that you got some panfish. Oh for the carp I was told corn would work very nicely.

GdHkSet1
05-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for sharing, nice pics- miss that morning glass at DV

fishntime
05-09-2009, 12:20 AM
So you can fish from a Kayak? Well great report, and way to give great info.

EastCoaster
05-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I have yet to see any carp in DV. Where about are they??

fishindude
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Man I was looking for panfish like crazy 2 weeks ago. Nice to see that you got some panfish. Oh for the carp I was told corn would work very nicely.

Yup, corn is a common bait for carp. Try fishing for carp using light line such as 4lb or 2lb. It's really fun to fish with that kind of challenge. I caught a carp around 20 lb. at Skinner with anchovies as bait and using 4lb line.

ghetto dad
05-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Nice job brother.....nice fish, awesome day

GD