PDA

View Full Version : Newport Harbor 5-7-09

boxl0bster
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
i finally got a chance to get out and give newport harbor a try. i explored the area about a year or more ago and i've been wanting to give it a try ever since. high tide was 918am. i was running a bit late i wanted a mcgriddle lol. got there at about 850am.

my girlfriend and i fished several of the public docks and some of those little beaches with the drains. we only had bites at two of the public docks.

we used the jerk shads in nuclear chicken and shad on the d/s with 1/4oz weight and #1 owner mosquito hooks. both colors got bit a few times but only about 2 of the bites were decent. the rest were pecks. we fished till about 1230 and called it a day. we walked/fished about 1.5-2miles of the harbor. i didnt want to get into those private beaches but man some of them looked fishy. :Cool:

if anyone has tips on rigging and what methods of working the bait is best let me know! i did my best with what i know, but i think i need some tweaking.
anyways we ended the day with a big fat :Skunk:

sorry no fish no pics. thanks for reading.

ghetto dad
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
i finally got a chance to get out and give newport harbor a try. i explored the area about a year or more ago and i've been wanting to give it a try ever since. high tide was 918am. i was running a bit late i wanted a mcgriddle lol. got there at about 850am.

my girlfriend and i fished several of the public docks and some of those little beaches with the drains. we only had bites at two of the public docks.

we used the jerk shads in nuclear chicken and shad on the d/s with 1/4oz weight and #1 owner mosquito hooks. both colors got bit a few times but only about 2 of the bites were decent. the rest were pecks. we fished till about 1230 and called it a day. we walked/fished about 1.5-2miles of the harbor. i didnt want to get into those private beaches but man some of them looked fishy. :Cool:

if anyone has tips on rigging and what methods of working the bait is best let me know! i did my best with what i know, but i think i need some tweaking.
anyways we ended the day with a big fat :Skunk:

sorry no fish no pics. thanks for reading.

damn ernie...sorry bro...hit me up via pm....ill see what i can do.....:Wink:

GD

boxl0bster
05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
thanks man! its so nice fishing there! seeing all those houses and yachts made me wish i worked harder in school, drank less, slept less, and played games less. LOL. damn. oh well. think ill go get a lotto ticket.

MAVERICK27
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Rooster and Rich and I were out there yesterday and we did very well. I'll post a report shortly. We were on boats though. Live Dinos, swimmies with 1/4 leadhead and Shrimp in Nuclear Chicken were the baits.

KEL40
05-08-2009, 12:09 PM
You went without me??!!! Just kidding! Glad you went out with da boyz. NPH is the deal!! Talk later Mav!!

calico killer kevin
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey it happened to me many times until I started charting down all my trips and found a pattern.
PM me if you want some inside info.