PDA

View Full Version : a Q 4 halijedi

fishrookie
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
just wondering how the book is coming along?
will there be a chapter on what limit, size, and what kind of fish are keepers for the surf beginners?

uandme
06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
yeah! when is the book coming??? :evil:

sansou
06-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Or the DVD?

I would think a Camcorder and a fishing pole is all you need for that.

CatchthatTrout
06-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Just buy..........

Fish the Surf by Bill Varney Jr. :wink:

uandme
06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Just buy..........

why would i buy that if i already know everything in that book? he doesn't offer any new technique or methods. still the same old same old.

if you've fished with halijedi before, you'll probably learn more things from him after just 1 outting then readin books like "Fish the Surf" by Bill Varney or that useless one by Ronnie Covach.

can't wait for the book/dvd to come out! i want an autographed copy if you're reading this HALIJEDI!

sansou
06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Just buy..........

why would i buy that if i already know everything in that book? he doesn't offer any new technique or methods. still the same old same old.

if you've fished with halijedi before, you'll probably learn more things from him after just 1 outting then readin books like "Fish the Surf" by Bill Varney or that useless one by Ronnie Covach.

can't wait for the book/dvd to come out! i want an autographed copy if you're reading this HALIJEDI!

If you think you know more than Bill Varney or Ronnie Covach, well, then perhaps you should consider writing a book yourself.

Keep in mind these Varney/Kovach guys have made a succesful living at the sportfishing business. I'm going to go on a limb and assume that is something you would also would want to do if you had the chance (I know I would, but then again I do not have the skills!!!).

Looking forward to your book! :D

halijedi
06-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I guess it is time for me to add my 2 cents.

First off, thanks for the compliments uandme. It is always a pleasure fishing with you and I look forward to the next trip.

As far as my opinion on Bill's book, well... I do not want to go through this route again so I will keep my comment short.

I feel Bill's book is geared towards beginners. If one is in need of basic surf fishing information, then this book is a good starting point.

Does this mean that Bill is a mediocre angler? Possibly, but just because Bill did not elaborate on certain methods does not mean that he is incapable or does not possess the knowledge. As a writer, Bill may have thought "less information, is more information" for the beginning surf fisherman.

I've read ALL of Ronnie Kovach's books as a yougster. I remember back when I was attending Jr. High School, I would secretly read his books in class while the rest of the students were following the curriculum.

Ronnie's books have definitely helped me become the angler I am today. I think with any type of sport or hobby, one must establish a firm foundation of fundamentals prior to engaging in advanced methods.

Prior to getting on the air on Ronnie's a.m. radio show as a guest speaker, I asked Ronnie if he gets a lot of negative criticism. He replied, 'Sinjin, the more you become successful in this business, more criticism will follow.' He further mentioned that his books are not designed for anglers who are at a professional level. Instead, his books were tailored towards the masses (novice anglers).

When will my book and/or DVD be released? Once the funds are available for me to produce it, it will take less than 3 weeks for post-production to be complete. I was shooting for this past spring for the release date, but my partner from Sony Image Works was bombarded with work and we simply didn't have enough time to complete certain things. There is more to the story, but this post as gone long enough and I will stop here.

If you guys were pleased with the information from my articles and seminars, the NEW information in my book will blow you away and have you asking for more information. :wink:

halijedi
06-21-2007, 10:46 AM
just wondering how the book is coming along?
will there be a chapter on what limit, size, and what kind of fish are keepers for the surf beginners?

Hope this helps.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/halijedi/2007DFGFishID01.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/halijedi/2007DFGFishID02.jpg

uandme
06-21-2007, 11:15 AM
i didn't say i know more than those guys. just the books mentioned were full of info that i already know. :D

uandme
06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
If you guys were pleased with the information from my articles and seminars, the NEW information in my book will blow you away and have you asking for more information. :wink:

word. 8)