PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez has tested positive!!!

FISH_HUNTER
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM
OH NO!!!! THERE GOES THE SEASON? WENT TO THE GAME (RECORD SETTING)
YESTERDAY! HE MIGHT BE SUSPENDED FOR 50 GAMES!!!!:Bawling::Titanic:
LET'S HOPE THE REST OF THE CREW CAN KEEP THE SHIP AFLOAT TILL HE GET'S BACK.............................

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

JENSEN500
05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Im no where near a baseball fan,but but being in a family of die hard angels fan who hold season seats and spend 2 weeks in tempe with the team for spring training every year,i get it pounded in my head all of the time.Manny Ramirez is a P.O.S!!! You go from holding out on signing a deal with the dodgers until they finally offer an absurd amount to play,you sign,then test positive for these drugs! They should have a clause in his and all athelets contract to deem it null/void if such a thing happens!!
Now he just sits back for 50 games and runs to the bank. PATHETIC!!!!

IMO they should suspend them indefinitly!!!

Cant play by the rules? Cant play period!!

::My Two Cents:

DarkShadow
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
At least we still have Juan Pierre.

City Dad
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
LUCKY NUMBER THIRTEEN!!!

Now he just sits back for 50 games and runs to the bank. PATHETIC!!!!
...it is a suspension without pay...

But no sweat, at least we got the tough teams out of the way first...

Gee, now theanlger and socalguy will have something to m********* to besides visions of Bea Arthur and Dom DeLouise making out at the pearly gates ;)

JENSEN500
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
LUCKY NUMBER THIRTEEN!!!

...it is a suspension without pay...

But no sweat, at least we got the tough teams out of the way first...

Gee, now theanlger and socalguy will have something to m********* to besides visions of Bea Arthur and Dom DeLouise making out at the pearly gates ;)

Sorry,yes i just heard it was confirmed and will cost him approx. 7.7 million.

GOOD!!!

perhaps they should lower the price of admission,dogs and beers for those games. They'll probably need to to bring people in :)

Stormcrow
05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Im sure he will appeal the decision, play through the appeals process and settle for a reduced suspension of 10-20 games.

At least, thats what Im hoping.

troutdog
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
He is claiming it was meds and not roids...we shall see as this unfolds.

TD

saintarv
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
He is claiming it was meds and not roids...we shall see as this unfolds.

TD

I kinda figure he juiced up after he left the Indians. He's alot bigger today. LOL

Oh darn I have tickets for this Saturday right behind the home plate and I won't see Man Ram. Oh well. :LOL:

troutdog
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
The last time I got this many texts or calls in a one hour period was when the Dodgers first signed Manny :LOL:

TD

Sue
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
If it was meds, why doesn't he get the doctor involved that prescribed them, and why doesn't he appeal it? It said on the news that he's accepted the ban.

wellbilldancesays
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Man are these socal baseball teams cursed this year or what!!

Makes me wonder if the red sox maybe had an inkling of this and just another reason to get him out of there. Or maybe its a case of once a turd always a turd.

City Dad
05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
The last time I got this many texts or calls in a one hour period was when the Dodgers first signed Manny :LOL:

TD

...everyone in my office has paid me a visit to share the news... gotta find a new place of work that isn't so close to Anahiem!

I hope he cuts his hair during his vacation.

Cangler
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Andruw Jones is hitting .333 ... can we get him back ?

SoCalGuy7
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
MANROID!!!!!!!!

Like this wasn't already suspected...?????

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

What a joke, bye bye cooperstown?????

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Maybe, it the batting glove don't fit......????????

deanhall32
05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Awe gee...... that's too bad!!!!!!

City Dad
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM

hey, it's a defensive up-grade... and who knows, maybe he'll catch on fire and be the table-setter he was once fantasized to have the potential to be...

and Blake is certainly capable of more, same for Martin and if Kemp gets back on track... yeah, 90% of this glass is half full!

KaliDawgFan
05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Two sources told ESPN that Ramirez used a women's fertility drug -- HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin. That sort of drug can be used by steroid users after they complete cycles to get their bodies to produce testosterone naturally again..

Serious? Fertility drugs?

troutdog
05-07-2009, 12:02 PM
If it was meds, why doesn't he get the doctor involved that prescribed them, and why doesn't he appeal it? It said on the news that he's accepted the ban.

The appeal process could take months and simply delay the inevitable and cause him to miss the end of the season when they need him most.

Manny Has passed at least 15 test drugs tests and all come back clean. He screwed up and put a banned substance into his body. He's responsible, he should have checked with MLB before he took the pills. And he's taking his punishment like a man. He apologized and I'll see cheer for him in 50 games.

TD

CatchthatTrout
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I had to explain to my Grandson on Sunday on why Manny wasn't playing because it was a Sunday day game and he was resting. He's going to be pissed when we go to a game or watch on T.V., that he's not playing. He was given a Dodgers "Ramirez #99" t-shirt and was so excited. Since the start of the season when he has his bat in his hands at a game or practice, he dues a slo-mo swing and says "I hit like Manny".

Just so disappointing.

DarkShadow
05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Serious? Fertility drugs?

Maybe Manny was hanging out with OctoMom.

JENSEN500
05-07-2009, 01:13 PM

:Applause: Frickin' love that s&!*!!!

WARRIORMIKE
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I feel that he is not guilty. Manny would never do anything to jeopardize his career :Shocked:

JENSEN500
05-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I feel that he is not guilty. Manny would never do anything to jeopardize his career :Shocked:

How is he diifferent from Bonds,McGuire,Canseco,Sheffield.They all say that they wouldn't jeapordize thier career buy using steroids.Fact of the matter is, they got where they did in thier career by using steroids! Perhaps they wouldn't have gotten that for if it were not for the drugs.

my 2 cents

Cangler
05-07-2009, 02:16 PM

OctoMom hasnt gone past 2nd base ...

JENSEN500
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
lmao!!!! :Bug Eyes:

FISH_HUNTER
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
"At least not on the baseball diamond. The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the drug was prescribed to address Ramirez’s erectile dysfunction".

:Embarrassed::Rolls Eyes::Shocked::EyePop::ROFL::Secret:

City Dad
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
"At least not on the baseball diamond. The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the drug was prescribed to address Ramirez’s erectile dysfunction".

:Embarrassed::Rolls Eyes::Shocked::EyePop::ROFL::Secret:

...and yet the fans still get ****ed

Webfoot
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
He should have just used Extenz - the stuff for that special area of a mans anatomy. (from the Infomercial) LOL.

Why take steroids? So your testicles can shrivel up into grapes. Then resort to female fertility drugs to counter the symptoms.

I appreciate the accomplishments of the Pre-steroid era Ball players more with each positive drug test.

wellbilldancesays
05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I think MLB should test LeBron James for steroids.

jim532
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Even as a dodger fan I think the punishment is not harsh enough. Regardless if it was for a medical condition and regardless of which one, he knows he should be checking it against the list, which is readily available to them. Also these ball clubs have team physicians who they can speak to in regards to allowed/disallowed prescription and over the counter substances and what alternatives could be taken for medical conditions. It would probably take less than 5 min. for him to found out he wasn't allowed to take the drug.

DarkShadow
05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I know, we should use the $8,000,000.00 to get another pitcher.

Or, maybe we can coerce Barry Bonds outta retirement to play 50 games for the 8 million.

Scoring Machine
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Is he available, or is he in court?

I'd thought I'd read that they'd set court dates at some point.

Or maybe he's just blackballed like Jose Canseco..... who is also available after his coming MMA fight.

troutdog
05-16-2009, 03:24 PM

So what do you think of JP performane since replacing Manny Mr. Cowell? :LOL:

TD

ElementX
05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Like Manny says, the fans lub him. Unfortunately he lubs the roids. So just out of curiousity, does he get to go on vacation for 50 games and concentrate on hitting the roids so that he can come back a bigger badder Manny?

ElementX
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I think MLB should test LeBron James for steroids.

I agree with you totally. I think the NFL should test him too, if not the military.