PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 050609

springFISH
05-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Took advantage of half-price boat rental Wednesdays and got to DVL at about 7:00 a.m. Got on the water and headed westward to the first large point (larger now that water is so low) and set up shop. Saw many bass on nests or just cruising the crystal clear waters. Fished for about an hour and thought I’d ensure I would avoid the skunk by coaxing a nesting male to bite a white Powergrub. It worked; I caught a 2-ish pounder on my ultra-light spinning setup. Ok, skunk was off, now return to plan: Drop-shotting points and humps. I tried a few different colors with no luck, then put on a morning dawn robo (pink) after recalling that they’ve been hitting those lately. It worked, and I landed this 3 lb toad. I would later land 3 or 4 more on the morning dawn all in the 2lb range, then after 11:00 the bite slowed. I headed to some points and islands across the lake and switched to the “bold bluegill” robos and that did the trick, landing me a couple more bass in the 2lb class. Later at 3:00ish, I headed back towards the marina but decided to try a few casts near the north corner of the East damn (just to the right of the road that goes down into the water). I switched to the t-rigged 7” brown powerworm and landed a 3.5 football of a bass. I decided that would be my last cast and headed back. All-in-all caught 8. Nothing huge, but better than going to work on a Wednesday! All fish released to grow nice and big.

fish ful
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
thanks for the report. Sounds like a better day then i had at work! I will have to try the lake out again. Has been a long time.

INDOANGLER2
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice report, I sure wish i lived closer by so I can hit that lake up more often. Yeah you can't beat the 1/2 price deal on Wednesdays. Thanks for the report.

FishinTheIE
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Great post springFish and good job out there.

Socal Bassman
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Great report and good job getting on some fish. Haven't been to DVL for awhile.