PDA

View Full Version : Opening Weekend '09

FUSION
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Headed out Friday about 9:00 AM for our annual guy's trip, we go back in august with all of the family. Stopped in Lone Pine at the sand trap, and it was packed, talked to a local that said it had been hammered for the last 3-4 weeks. We thru out 4-5 cast and took off. Arrived at camp about 2:00pm and got set up. Fire'ed up the grill about 5:30pm and started Q'ing the ribs. Ended the night with some cocktails and chatting by the fire. Saturday, up at 6:00am and hit the creek. Caught 30-50 each, maybe more, just couldn't keep count that day and it repeated on Sunday. Sunday we moved to Browns in Bishop and BBQ'D Some carne asada that evening. Woke Monday and hit up Convict. The weather and scenery was beautiful as it always is!! Fishing was slow, only stayed about 2 hrs and headed back to Browns for lunch and a short food coma(nap). Then hit up one of the creeks again and it was still just a s crazy as saturday. Bishop creek was just black with fish on monday!!!!!!! Tuesday woke about 7:30(Slept in!!) and cooked some hot links and eggs, showered up and hit the road. It just doesn't get any better than this!!!!!!

Fisherman57
05-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the invite James! :Rolls Eyes:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... just kidding!

Sounds like it was a great time.... man, all the food looks great ..... and you're the only dude I know who packs martini glasses for a trip to the Sierra's!

Is that the rod you picked up at the Hall show?
Lets hit the Ramp someday soon! Wear your Team 57 shirt this time and I'll buy! LOL

Got your message...been a crazy week, but Ill call ya Thurs.........or Friday for sure.

Dana

DccFISHerMan
05-06-2009, 07:52 PM
so by the pics of the stream i know exactly where u were, thats awesome cant wait... 3 more weeks!!!!

FUSION
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Yup, that's the rod i got from Brian at Bubba's Hotrods - the american spirit - man....it's just like a kencore, i love it!!!!

For our intire trip, that's all i packed, Team 57 Shirts!!!!!!!:Big Grin:
Lets plan it, i'll meet at the ramp when ever you want!!!!!:Big Grin:

James

troutdog
05-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Great report...sounds like the stream action was epic, congrats!

TD

time2fish
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow
I cant believe all the fish you cought and how phat you are.:EyePop:

yamafish
05-08-2009, 05:25 AM
James..
It's about time you finally got on the board...
There are alot of Rodhogg fans here already!
Those are amazing pics my friend.
The food looks amazing! Nice!

We we talk soon
Rodger - YamaFish

Troutman65
05-12-2009, 10:32 PM
James, Nice going on the fishing trip. Great pics. Thanks for the pics.:Envious: