PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Lakes Camping pics?

fishfinder
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Any-one got any pics of the camping area at Buena Vista Lakes? Any other info for weekday camping would be helpful too. How crowded it might be in June. would i have a hard time getting a lakeside camping area. How's the fishing?

Pinekap
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Vista is nice, the sites are very large. As for getting a Waterside site make sure to call in your reservation the first day it is possible (I believe you can call 5 months in advance). The fishing on the main lake can be so-so but the smaller lake (Which you have to pay extra to fish) can be great. In the summer the main lake is over run by Water skiers and PWC and not worth fishing in my opinion. I like to go during the winter to fish since then you have the run of the lake.

Pinekap.

jim532
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I camped there once, It's great in June if you prefer 90+ degrees at midnight. I took a shower at 2am and was sweating again before I got back to the tent. I think it is a good lake for water ski/jet ski etc. But I'm not so sure about fishing there.

fishfinder
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Well at the very least i was thinking it would be a good spot for my daughters 15 year old birthday. she wants to take some girls out skiing and tubing. Can't count on the wind not blowing at pyramid, and castaic has no decent shoreline to picnic at. We are going to do it on the weekday to avoid the crowds.
thanks for the info. i will probably pass on the camping then.

joe man
05-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Well at the very least i was thinking it would be a good spot for my daughters 15 year old birthday. she wants to take some girls out skiing and tubing. Can't count on the wind not blowing at pyramid, and castaic has no decent shoreline to picnic at. We are going to do it on the weekday to avoid the crowds.
thanks for the info. i will probably pass on the camping then.

The place gets pretty crowded in the summer and it is hot as hell. I have had some good luck fishing for catfish during the summer months but I haven't caught much else. The small lake does not charge the extra fees during June and it is a no wake lake so you might find some fish there. The lakes are not very big but if you go during the week you should be OK for skiing. If you decide to go I will send you a PM on a fishing area that I have found to be good.

cutbait
05-09-2009, 10:03 AM
The place gets pretty crowded in the summer and it is hot as hell. I have had some good luck fishing for catfish during the summer months but I haven't caught much else. The small lake does not charge the extra fees during June and it is a no wake lake so you might find some fish there. The lakes are not very big but if you go during the week you should be OK for skiing. If you decide to go I will send you a PM on a fishing area that I have found to be good.

Joeman, since they started planted catfish in the small lake it is extra year round. Started on May 2nd.

Unless you go now. I suggest a different lake, B.V. is HOT. If you have an AC on your camper its ok I guess.

dodgerfan
05-13-2009, 01:56 AM
buena vista has a great campground especially if you can get a water spot. big sites with grass. the fishing is ok ive heard of big cats caught out of both lakes but i have only fished the main in my campsite and have literally never caught a kittie bigger than 6 inches. we are talking hundreds of those over the years. cool little ski lake you can stand in the majority of the lake

joe man
05-19-2009, 06:15 AM
[QUOTE=cutbait;341590]Joeman, since they started planted catfish in the small lake it is extra year round. Started on May 2nd.

Wow that sucks. They will find ways to collect our whole pay checks if we give them a little time.