PDA

View Full Version : Strike King Anaconda Bass

Ghost
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Finally had a chance to try out the Strike King Anaconda & it delivered! I caught only 2 bass this morning & this was the better of the 2.

I didn't have a scale on me but I'm guessing this bass is around 2 1/2-3 lbs. Thought I hit a rock but realized on the second thump it was a bass. I set the hook & the bass headed for the surface & did a real nice jump for me to see how big it was. It pulled some line too!

I also finally had a chance to try out my new Daiwa Zillion rod I bought in December w/ a 7.1:1 Zillion b/c reel(bought that last year). Had the Zillion reel needed the 6'9" MH Zillion rod to compliment it. The Zillion setup w/ 30 lb PP braid & flouro leader worked like a charm. The Zillion 6'9" MH rod is more of a stiff than a MH. That's okay cuz this will be my jig/worm rod w/ occasional 5" hard jointed swimbaits.

Back to the SK Anaconda, I was intrigued w/ this worm when it first came out. It does have alot of action, but not sure if paying $6 for a pack compatred to Culprits is worth it. Sure do like to try new things & see how they work though!

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/537/zillion_bass.jpg

J. Owen
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
ya i have been debating those for a while nice fish looks like i have to get somme for myself

J. Owen
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
what color is that???