PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone Homecoming

CL SmooV
05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Its been 16 years since ive been to P Stone so i thought id give it a try. Bow's and Cattys were biting. Bite really picked up after the damn jet ski action ceased. Think I may go back this weekend. GF and I had relaxing day there. I hooked a monster catfish and somehow she sprung off. This fish had to be at least 15-18 pounds based on her tug. I must seek revenge.

old pudd fisher
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Pretty darn good for the pudd.

basscatcher
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
great job out there. i was there sunday and these two guys were near the tall pier and one of them hooked up to a bass that was at least 8lbs and he kept it but the main problem here was that he had no liscense. this bass was fat with eggs to. so just kept an eye out for poachers. good job though on the fish.

God Bless

basscatcher

a biley
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
great job out there. i was there sunday and these two guys were near the tall pier and one of them hooked up to a bass that was at least 8lbs and he kept it but the main problem here was that he had no liscense. this bass was fat with eggs to. so just kept an eye out for poachers. good job though on the fish.

God Bless

basscatcher

and you didn't stop him!!!???

CL SmooV
05-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I feel that all lakes should give a flyer @ entrance indicating proper fishing etiquette particularly with bass. If you dont understand as an angler in the year 2009 that taking bass home (especially those full of eggs) is harmful to everyone's fishing experiences, you outta be slapped. Had I seen this idiot myself curse words would have definitely been used. Catch the bass, take a picture, and release. How hard is that?

smitty99
05-06-2009, 06:32 PM
and you didn't stop him!!!???
Chances are if this guy is breaking the law to poach bass, he might break the law to either knife you or pull out a gun. It's the DFG officials job to 'stop' poachers. All you can really do is report them. Not a smart move to risk injury just to save a bass. Besides that its possible he had his license and just forgot to put it on -- I've been guilty of that once or twice before I caught myself.

chrislxf
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
With the economy going south. ppl. are trying to feed their family. most likely, if those poacher have the money to buy a license, they would not take those pregnant bass home. They been out all day, and feel that they entitle to some reward, unfortunately this time it's the bass. It's sad, but we can't do much about it. The only thing we can to is observe and report. Did anyone get thru with DFG's hotline? Honestly, everyone I called they asked me to leave a message.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the catches, I grew up fishing that lake, got a lot of good memories.

Those kitty's look pretty clean, they appear to be stockers, have they planted cats lately ?

Get back out there and SLAY that big kitty, could have been a carp too, don't rule that out but usually you can distinguish the difference from a carp to kitty.

Any, good luck on the toad hunt,
Gary

CL SmooV
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Congrats on the catches, I grew up fishing that lake, got a lot of good memories.

Those kitty's look pretty clean, they appear to be stockers, have they planted cats lately ?

Get back out there and SLAY that big kitty, could have been a carp too, don't rule that out but usually you can distinguish the difference from a carp to kitty.

Any, good luck on the toad hunt,
Gary

Very true, it could have been a carp. Ill be back Saturday morning. I beleive they did stock kittys less than a month ago. I will post what i catch....

joebass
05-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Very true, it could have been a carp. Ill be back Saturday morning. I beleive they did stock kittys less than a month ago. I will post what i catch....

reading the reports 2day they stocked the pudd last week with cats

chrislxf
05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Went to PStone last night. Plenty of Bluegill bite, and kitty bite. Ended up w/ a 4.2lb catfish before i left. Gave it away to someone fishing next to me. It was fun. I did notice some improvement they did to the park, like street lights and new deck on the pier.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3514003840_423bc87eb7.jpg?v=0

vortec_cruiser
05-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I feel that all lakes should give a flyer @ entrance indicating proper fishing etiquette particularly with bass.

Do you really think that's going to make any difference to these kind of people? I certainly don't.

calico killer kevin
05-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I feel that all lakes should give a flyer @ entrance indicating proper fishing etiquette particularly with bass. If you dont understand as an angler in the year 2009 that taking bass home (especially those full of eggs) is harmful to everyone's fishing experiences, you outta be slapped. Had I seen this idiot myself curse words would have definitely been used. Catch the bass, take a picture, and release. How hard is that?
Are you looking down on those that keep freshwater bass? Is there something wrong with keeping a bass if I wanted to eat it? What makes you think you're better than a person that keeps bass? You think they care about "fishing experiences"?

Open your eyes. You have the problem all wrong. The problem is that the angler did not have a license, not that he keeps bass. They could think the same thing of you for keeping catfish, trout, or bluegill.

chrislxf
05-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Are you looking down on those that keep freshwater bass? Is there something wrong with keeping a bass if I wanted to eat it? What makes you think you're better than a person that keeps bass? You think they care about "fishing experiences"?

Open your eyes. You have the problem all wrong. The problem is that the angler did not have a license, not that he keeps bass. They could think the same thing of you for keeping catfish, trout, or bluegill.

It is clearly posted that, "Catch and Release Only for BASS", at least in Puddingston. If ppl cannot read, you should teach them English. It is ok to take catfish, trout, crappie and or bluegill, because either they are plentiful or they are replaced by DFG's fish planting program. If you keep removing fish from the system, there will be none left after a short period of time. Just a simple math. I just hope that, when my kids grow up, they will have bass around so that they can enjoy fishing. Anyway, it's bed time, I probably had too much to drink. Just my 2 cent.

vortec_cruiser
05-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Are you so destitute that you need to keep largemouth bass, when most of these bass fisheries are still producing fish for the angler only because there are anglers out there practicing catch-and-release? What other species would there be to catch in our lakes if the DFG didn't have planting programs?

By the way, the problem is both that he didn't have a license and that he kept his bass.

calico killer kevin
05-10-2009, 09:27 AM
It is clearly posted that, "Catch and Release Only for BASS", at least in Puddingston. If ppl cannot read, you should teach them English. It is ok to take catfish, trout, crappie and or bluegill, because either they are plentiful or they are replaced by DFG's fish planting program. If you keep removing fish from the system, there will be none left after a short period of time. Just a simple math. I just hope that, when my kids grow up, they will have bass around so that they can enjoy fishing. Anyway, it's bed time, I probably had too much to drink. Just my 2 cent.
Thanks for informing me that the Pudd is catch and release only for bass. I was targeting the poster because he was not only targeting those that keep bass at the Pudd, but all over SoCal.

calico killer kevin
05-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Are you so destitute that you need to keep largemouth bass, when most of these bass fisheries are still producing fish for the angler only because there are anglers out there practicing catch-and-release? What other species would there be to catch in our lakes if the DFG didn't have planting programs?

By the way, the problem is both that he didn't have a license and that he kept his bass.
So if I decide to keep a bass for some tacos, I'm destitute? This is the typical s****** attitude that many "bass" fisherman have. Looking down on those that keep bass to eat because they are ruining "your" bass fishery is completely s***. As long as it's legal, no one should ever be hassled about keeping bass, bluegill, cats, or whatever they do decide to keep.

joebass
05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
So if I decide to keep a bass for some tacos, I'm destitute? This is the typical s****** attitude that many "bass" fisherman have. Looking down on those that keep bass to eat because they are ruining "your" bass fishery is completely s***. As long as it's legal, no one should ever be hassled about keeping bass, bluegill, cats, or whatever they do decide to keep. get down kevin how ya been?hows nph been to ya..take care bro

calico killer kevin
05-10-2009, 09:49 AM
get down kevin how ya been?hows nph been to ya..take care bro
Hey bro. I've been great. NPH has yielding many, many halis and bass, but still in search of a legal hali from the harbor. Two weeks ago I got a 21.5"
haha. So close, but so far. I'm just too lazy to report haha.

How've you been? Gotten any fishing in lately?

joebass
05-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey bro. I've been great. NPH has yielding many, many halis and bass, but still in search of a legal hali from the harbor. Two weeks ago I got a 21.5"
haha. So close, but so far. I'm just too lazy to report haha.

How've you been? Gotten any fishing in lately?

no not really.i still need to hit up nph.stay save and talk to you later bro

chrislxf
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
So if I decide to keep a bass for some tacos, I'm destitute? This is the typical s****** attitude that many "bass" fisherman have. Looking down on those that keep bass to eat because they are ruining "your" bass fishery is completely s***. As long as it's legal, no one should ever be hassled about keeping bass, bluegill, cats, or whatever they do decide to keep.

Legal or not, it's not up to u and i in here to argue. I am not asking ppl. to enforce the law anyway, DFG will take care of that. If you are in to keeping fishes that are not stocked ever in the lake, I would like to let u know that Ranch99 sells Bass for $5 a pound. Comparing the cost of buying your license and gear, it's way cheaper to buy them from the market. As far as catfish, trout, if you already bought the license, you already paid for them, so u can take as many as the limit allow.

Just because you did not break the law, it does not imply you are right. Just look at those banker in wall street, and i am sure you want to get screw over and over again.

calico killer kevin
05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
My point is that anyone that is legally keeping bass should not be hassled. If bass populations really are being decimated by "poachers" then the DFG need to come up with slot limits, lower limit, etc.

I don't think many people are going out to ponds and lakes to target bass to eat. I think many people are out there just to enjoy fishing, and if something does bite their hooks, then they're going to keep it and no one should attempt to stop them or villify them for doing so.

a biley
05-10-2009, 08:34 PM
My point is that anyone that is legally keeping bass should not be hassled. If bass populations really are being decimated by "poachers" then the DFG need to come up with slot limits, lower limit, etc.

I don't think many people are going out to ponds and lakes to target bass to eat. I think many people are out there just to enjoy fishing, and if something does bite their hooks, then they're going to keep it and no one should attempt to stop them or villify them for doing so.

there are laws, yet people who know them still keep bass under 12". If you're going to keep bass, follow the regulations, I have no problem with those who do, but I still wish they released bass since it's not a stocked fish.