PDA

View Full Version : Duct Evening Quickie

yolo
05-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I get home late afternoon and my neighbor says let's go fish. I say ok but I have a couple of things to take care of first. I call him at 7:00pm to head out and he says he had to go do something and that he won't make it. Well since he placed the bug in my ear, I decided to go solo for an hour. Well I am glad I did because I got this nice 7lb 12oz 27 1/2" long reward. Fought pretty good and hit a Daiwa lipless crank. All my Traps were worn out and no local place had any so I decided to try this Daiwa. It had my favorite chromish/silver with blue back pattern. Duct striper fishing rules!!!

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%205-4-09%20night/Bleeding1.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%205-4-09%20night/Bleeding2.jpg

yolo
05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Just filleted the sucker and it had 1 mostly digested smelt in the gut and that's it. The eggs were green. What's up with that? Looks like they are still not spawning.

LunkerLover
05-04-2009, 10:47 PM
yolo.

nice zebra brah! yeah - we were in Palmdale on sat night ... we SHOULDA called you ... we were everywhere that night ... .spent a lot of time on this SICK looking 1/2 mile gate to gate stretch ...boils every 10 seconds every 10 yards... CARP??? next time man ...

yolo
05-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Sounds like you guys went to the "gasp for a breath" spot. I showed skipperdick that one when we last fished. Yeah the carp come up but I don't see a lot of carp in our area. There are definitely some stripers though :)

kpn
05-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Good job on the revenge bro. Is the water run when you were there ?

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Just filleted the sucker and it had 1 mostly digested smelt in the gut and that's it. The eggs were green. What's up with that? Looks like they are still not spawning.

I've got females in early early green stages and some more matured egg carriers that have the more familiar yellow/orange nearing lay stage....

The barrometric pressure have thrown their spawn cycles way way off..

I won't pretend to be a duct expert but I am familiar with the general characteristics of their spawn cycles, even, steady barrometer coming up should perk our spirits allot..

Nice job as usual on the jailbird, showing some great consistency there...
A HUGE congrats on the catch and redemption on the skunk we spoke of previously..

Ohhhhhh Yes ! REVENGE IS SWEET !....but you know that already !

Ha haha....I'll probably run into you out there one of these days soon....

Salute,
Gary

DaWookie
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Nice fish Yolo. I need to get back there and break this skunk run Im on.

yolo
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys. The water was moving slightly. I would say 1/4 open at the check/gate. I got one this morning too. Will post up a report in another thread.

trail blazer
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
you are on fire out there bro
WTG

Anglerism
05-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Good job on stripers! I was at duct for the first time and sadly to say.... i skunked.