PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a boat...

lalo56
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello, I want to go out off a boat in the ocean. I was wondering what boat you recommend? I was wanting spitfire but i see its been sold and the new boat is The Tradion with the same crew. So if you can share your input and recommendation that would be appreciated. Either i will go Thursday or Friday, not sure yet. I want either a 3/4 or full day boat depending on price difference...

Thank you.
Eddie

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Hello, I want to go out off a boat in the ocean. I was wondering what boat you recommend? I was wanting spitfire but i see its been sold and the new boat is The Tradion with the same crew. So if you can share your input and recommendation that would be appreciated. Either i will go Thursday or Friday, not sure yet. I want either a 3/4 or full day boat depending on price difference...

Thank you.
Eddie

I would recommend the TRADITION if in fact its the old Spit crew...BUT, the Spitfire crew is also pretty good...you cant go wrong with either boat....

GD

britheguy
05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
The Tradition is not running yet! It is undergoing some renovations, and should be up soon.

I think GD can send you somewhere nice!

LunkerLover
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.chubasco2.com/

GREAT CREW ... has ALWAYS come thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

victor101
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
hmmmm....what do u want to catch? If u want to go to catalina i would recommend pursuit out of 22nd street. make sure U ask them if they are going to cat when u call ur reservation. If you want to stay local...id say go with the spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing...counts arent awesome but they ARE catching fish locally. If u dont mind the drive, you can go up to Ventura for the Coroloma and get on some quality rockfish. You can also go south and get on a 3/4 out of seaforth for a chance at some yellows...If I had to choose I would go for a 3/4 to SD..Check out the fish counts and see what you want to do. http://976tuna.com/frontpage.php

Dont forget to let us know how you do. Good luck!

-Vic

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
hmmmm....what do u want to catch? If u want to go to catalina i would recommend pursuit out of 22nd street. make sure U ask them if they are going to cat when u call ur reservation. If you want to stay local...id say go with the spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing...counts arent awesome but they ARE catching fish locally. If u dont mind the drive, you can go up to Ventura for the Coroloma and get on some quality rockfish. You can also go south and get on a 3/4 out of seaforth for a chance at some yellows...If I had to choose I would go for a 3/4 to SD..Check out the fish counts and see what you want to do. http://976tuna.com/frontpage.php

-Vic

That i wont do till i get warmer waters...

Whats better "the pursuit" or "The Tradition"

Im going off San Diego later in the year when waters are warmer but right now i just want the best bite and crew.

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.chubasco2.com/

GREAT CREW ... has ALWAYS come thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks but i kinda want it local cause i have a small vacation. I dont want to drive all the way to San Diego at this time. Once its warmer i will.

britheguy
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
That i wont do till i get warmer waters...

Whats better "the pursuit" or "The Tradition"

Im going off San Diego later in the year when waters are warmer but right now i just want the best bite and crew.

Like I said, the Tradition isn't up yet, I don't believe.

You might want to stay local if the Barracuda start showing up in good numbers. They have been biting slower down in the SD area, but should be up here soon. For that I would recommend something out of Redondo Sportfishing. The half day boats are the Redondo Special and the City of Redondo.

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM

-Vic

Im not leaning to the pursuit... My brother just went off that and got a "decent" amount of fish but i was dissapointed on their catch. But the Captain told them its been slow and he will try to get them on the fish.
By decent i mean like 5 fish... 1 nice mackarel

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Im not leaning to the pursuit... My brother just went off that and got a "decent" amount of fish but i was dissapointed on their catch. But the Captain told them its been slow and he will try to get them on the fish.

u got bri all fired up now!! :ROFL:

GD

victor101
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM

LOL...like i said man...if u want decent fishing ur gonna have to go either north or south...local hasnt been good recently. If u dont do SD...then go up north to ventura/SB area Ive been on the spitfire twice since they moved to Marina Del Rey and I did good...got limits of RF both times. I would recommend the Tradition but theyre not running yet. anything else out of Redondo...i personally would not recommend from MY experience.

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
u got bri all fired up now!! :ROFL:

GD

Well... just saying what my brother told me on his trip. It was packed last week on their wednesday trip. Alot of people throwing up. I dont like that i rather pay more and have more room.
My brother went on the special they have... Im sure u knew that by saying a wednesday

Fisherman57
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey Eddie.....

The bartender told me we just missed ya a few weeks ago at "you know where". LOL! I owe ya a drink my man.

Some good advice above .... Ill look forward to the report!

Dana

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Well... just saying what my brother told me on his trip. It was packed last week on their wednesday trip. Alot of people throwing up. I dont like that i rather pay more and have more room.
My brother went on the special they have... Im sure u knew that by saying a wednesday

I never said anything about a wednesday.....to be honest, i dont know of any "limited load" local boats..

cept the Betty G on certain days...

GD

britheguy
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Hahaha GD.

Robert is the one who still eats them. I never did, Muahah. Oh and I'm close to getting a sponsorship deal!

We have to get the bassboyz out and some of the veteran guys out!

Jackpot Jimmy
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
The Betty G is running every Wednesday and Friday when not privately chartered, limited to 10 people, at $70 per person. Bubbles does a great job, and 10 people on that boat is not crowded at all. Leaves at 8am, gets back sometime in the afternoon, maybe 4 or 5:00. Nice boat to fish on!

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Like I said, the Tradition isn't up yet, I don't believe.

You might want to stay local if the Barracuda start showing up in good numbers. They have been biting slower down in the SD area, but should be up here soon. For that I would recommend something out of Redondo Sportfishing. The half day boats are the Redondo Special and the City of Redondo.

The Tradition is up according to http://redondosportfishing.com/
but i just want opinions and help me make a decision on where to go. I need it to be local to LA County and not San Diego... SD trip will be coming later as waters warm. I just want to catch some fish on my Birthday weekday vacation.

Wednesday my girl and i are going to uppper Castaic and either Thursday or Friday off the boat that i am still undecided.

Thanks
Eddie

lalo56
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
The Betty G is running every Wednesday and Friday when not privately chartered, limited to 10 people, at $70 per person. Bubbles does a great job, and 10 people on that boat is not crowded at all. Leaves at 8am, gets back sometime in the afternoon, maybe 4 or 5:00. Nice boat to fish on!

Yah but they stay local though... right?

britheguy
05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
The Tradition is up according to http://redondosportfishing.com/
but i just want opinions and help me make a decision on where to go. I need it to be local to LA County and not San Diego... SD trip will be coming later as waters warm. I just want to catch some fish on my Birthday weekday vacation.

Wednesday my girl and i are going to uppper Castaic and either Thursday or Friday off the boat that i am still undecided.

Thanks
Eddie

It just says that, trust me man, I work down there.

All I want to do is save you the disappointment of driving down there and finding out that the boat isn't running.

You can call the office if you want. The spitfire out of LBH is a great choice, and the Betty G is also.

lalo56
05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Eddie.....

The bartender told me we just missed ya a few weeks ago at "you know where". LOL! I owe ya a drink my man.

Some good advice above .... Ill look forward to the report!

Dana

Its all good man... You are a good man and i was honered to buy you a drink. I was just surprised to see you at a bar a frequent. Take care and im sure i will see you there again. Like i said maybe you teach me the surf. :Big Grin:
Robert the bartender is my informant....

lalo56
05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
It just says that, trust me man, I work down there.

All I want to do is save you the disappointment of driving down there and finding out that the boat isn't running.

You can call the office if you want. The spitfire out of LBH is a great choice, and the Betty G is also.

Thanks. Im going to call and make reservations before i leave here. Thats why i am asking for advice and recommendations.

I thank you. But i need to hear everyone out before i make my decision. According to you... I should go on the pursuit right?

Fisherman57
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Hahahahahahaha!

I head over there very so often......
We'll head out to the surf anytime ya wanna go!

See ya for sure in June up North!

Dana

Its all good man....... You are a good man and i was honered to buy you a drink. I was just surprised to see you at a bar I frequent. Take care and im sure i will see you there again. Like i said maybe you teach me the surf. :Big Grin:
Robert the bartender is my informant....

britheguy
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks. Im going to call and make reservations before i leave here. Thats why i am asking for advice and recommendations.

I thank you. But i need to hear everyone out before i make my decision. According to you... I should go on the pursuit right?

Yes the Pursuit is a great boat. IMO get as far down south as you can.

If you have to say more north try out the Spitfire.

Yes 22nd St. Landing has great boats.

lalo56
05-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Hahahahahahaha!

I head over there very so often......
We'll head out to the surf anytime ya wanna go!

See ya for sure in June up North!

Dana

Im going to have to take you up on that. I need to learn the surf. I will owe you some sushi. When i mean sushi I mean a nice sushi bar.

Ricky-Ray
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Try the Freelance out of Davey's Locker in Newport Beach. Great crew and captain.

sansou
05-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Looking at the reports for the last few days down here in San Diego for 3/4 dayers: lots of barracuda and a smattering here and there of YT, along with the usual rockcod.

I'm don't know where you would be driving from, but I would drive down to SD if it is reasonably close, unless you are deadset on fishing the Los Angeles area, which as far as I can tell, is not that good right now. Why spend $75 to catch LA Harbor fish?????

Barracuda may not be the greatest fish in the world to eat, but they sure are fun to catch when nothing else is around!

deanhall32
05-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Take 2 weeks off then quit altogether!!