PDA

View Full Version : Paying dues at DVL

Nightstalker 424
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
I had the day off of work and decided to hit DVL for some cats. After getting a late start due to dropping the kids off at school, I met up with my friend and hit the lake. We fished the first cove east of the marina and had our lines in by 9:30 with just beautiful weather. I threw mackeral, livers, and nightcrawlers with zero love from the kitties. I was off the lake at 12:30 with not as much as a nibble, oh well it's still good to be outside! I never had much luck at DVL but figure that someday my dues will be paid and I may actually catch something! All you guys that slay em at DVL, you have my respect!!

Regards,

Sean

CALFISHER4EVR
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry to here about your bad luck. Hang in there. I have also had the skunk at that lake for sure. I think a lot of people will agree. It can be a hard lake to fish, but when you catch it will pay off with some decent size fish. I think I have caught a lot of my personal best in that lake.

Nightstalker 424
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks Calfisher, I am determined to catch a fish out of that lake yet! Dynamite will be the next option!!:Twisted: I have two buddies fishing it right now and they are getting the skunk too. At least it isn't just me! Off to Blythe Saturday night for some cats!

TrouTracker
05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
To Sean- The Jewel definitely is a challenging lake. Because it is so big, many people don't even fish it because they are a little intimidated by the size. Realistically, it takes a long time of constant fishing to actually figure it out. Once you learn the lake, you'll be hooked forever. My suggestion for catfishing would be to contact Trollmeister or Pontoon. These guys are DVL pro's that would probably give you a little guidance. Just buy them breakfast at Farmer Boys one morning and I'm sure you'll be on to the cats. Good luck and don't get discouraged.........
Barry A. Ogawa

Nightstalker 424
05-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Barry!!